Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Aug 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2738101)   #1
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 2011 silly season.

According To will buxton we should hear the name of 13 teams for 2011 season at Monza.But the organisation made a shortlist of 17 teams that you can see here:

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com...gp2-next-year/

According to italiaracing there will be a shakedown at Castellet 18th november with the new car for the teams.Then we will see a four day test session with 2010 car at Abu Dhabi.

In 2011 there will be test sessions in asia and europe with 2011 car.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2738129)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be a great shot in the arm for the Asia Series that it will use the 2011 car. Should be quite a competitive field. Any idea of where they might be racing? I assume the season will start in January.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2738208)   #3
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be interesting, last time the teams were up for renewal they didn't change any of them despite BCN's poor showing and rumours finacial situation at the time.

I think it will be different this time, I wonder what the criteria is for teams to either keep their place or get a place in GP2?

I also wonder if some of the present teams will either sell out of form a partnership with the F1 teams that want to get into GP2?

I doubt we'd see all the teams suggested lose thier place as it would mean no Italian teams in GP2.

Last edited by medler; 2 Aug 2010 at 14:37.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2738629)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it'd be interesting if lotus got a place. would they switch fauzys team over from formula renault 3.5 or create a whole new one... they seem to be going back to the old manufacturers pattern of actually *competing* with others rather than just creating their own series so they can't be beaten. big respect for that alone.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2738718)   #5
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here some pics of the new HRT... ermmm... GP2 Dallara chassis with its Sauber livery

Old 3 Aug 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2738830)   #6
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least it would be intresting to see how the drivers cope if the GP2 car handles like the HRT..
Old 3 Aug 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2738843)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dear god, burn it with fire and let my 11 year old cousin design a new one. he'd do a better job :/
Old 3 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2738879)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Belatti, "silly season" means "team/driver changes".
Old 3 Aug 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2738883)   #9
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Belatti, "silly season" means "team/driver changes".
So no other news about next season are allowed?
Old 3 Aug 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2738914)   #10
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some news:according to Paolo Coloni his team will be in GP2 for next seasons:

http://www.stopandgo.tv/news/gp2/it/...p-amp-go-.html
Old 8 Aug 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2741275)   #11
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
to be deleted
Old 8 Aug 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2741319)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
Some news:according to Paolo Coloni his team will be in GP2 for next seasons:

http://www.stopandgo.tv/news/gp2/it/...p-amp-go-.html
Then GP2 / AutoGP connection will still be kept. At least, its important that Italian teams could be in the series.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2741376)   #13
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, testing is limited and we care about costs, but we've got another championship with the same car. If you want to be competitive with our new car, please first try it in our other championship.

Not fair, they should at least remove the testing ban for those who can't compete in Asia.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2741425)   #14
medler
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
So, testing is limited and we care about costs, but we've got another championship with the same car. If you want to be competitive with our new car, please first try it in our other championship.

Not fair, they should at least remove the testing ban for those who can't compete in Asia.
I think part of the requirement of a GP2 entry this time is that you do both Europe and Asia, so all teams are going to be getting the same amount of running time with the car.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2741757)   #15
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Yeah, but not all the drivers! Based on the budgets from last year, it will cost a driver to get the full experience about 2mln EU!
Talk about getting costs down...
Considering that a race weekend's total running is the enormous 3h, it's kind of more expensive if you simply had some more test days...
Old 13 Sep 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2758830)   #16
medler
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
According To will buxton we should hear the name of 13 teams for 2011 season at Monza.But the organisation made a shortlist of 17 teams that you can see here:

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com...gp2-next-year/
Has anybody heard which teams are in for the next 3 years?

The teams will need to know soon so they can get thier cars built and to prepare for the Asia season.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2758972)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler View Post
Has anybody heard which teams are in for the next 3 years?

The teams will need to know soon so they can get thier cars built and to prepare for the Asia season.
Not heard or read anything yet, but with the series focus apparently to focus on the F1 Junior aspect once more (think that was the original idea when the series was launched 5 years ago!) then maybe we will need to wait another few weeks for the organisers to decide which F1 Junior teams are allowed in or which buy into existing outfits?

As far as I see it Lotus, Virgin, Red Bull and maybe Ferrari (with ART rather than doing WSR FR3.5?) could have a major presence next season joining Renault/DAMS.

I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could see the McLaren Junior Team revived (last seen in 1999?) and maybe the Petrobas Junior Team (Williams) last run by David Sears.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2759028)   #18
medler
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Not heard or read anything yet, but with the series focus apparently to focus on the F1 Junior aspect once more (think that was the original idea when the series was launched 5 years ago!) then maybe we will need to wait another few weeks for the organisers to decide which F1 Junior teams are allowed in or which buy into existing outfits?

As far as I see it Lotus, Virgin, Red Bull and maybe Ferrari (with ART rather than doing WSR FR3.5?) could have a major presence next season joining Renault/DAMS.

I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could see the McLaren Junior Team revived (last seen in 1999?) and maybe the Petrobas Junior Team (Williams) last run by David Sears.
Well I hope for the teams sake they make a decision soon, considering GP2 have said that they are going to deliver the new car so they can be built before the teams go to Abu Dhabi for the last race of the current season.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2759136)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
perhaps they'll find out when a giftwrapped new chassis turns up on their doorsteps with "love from gp2 xxx ps you're in" on the label
Old 14 Sep 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2759250)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
perhaps they'll find out when a giftwrapped new chassis turns up on their doorsteps with "love from gp2 xxx ps you're in" on the label

Excellent!!!!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2760122)   #21
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just curious, isn't it an aero upgrade with exhaust redesign of an old Dallara?!
Old 16 Sep 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2760275)   #22
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
How about Meritus team from Malaysia? Whose side are they "ON"?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2760793)   #23
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as we know the F1 dates for next year any GP2 dates for the Europe part of the year due soon?
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2761227)   #24
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
as we know the F1 dates for next year any GP2 dates for the Europe part of the year due soon?
We know it will be all of the European GPs plus Turkey and Abu Dhabi probably. Hopefully Portimao will make a reappearance the week before Valencia.

I'm more interested in the Asia Series calendar for 2011. The Asia Series is very important this year as it will be the first running the drivers will get with the new car. For this reason I hope it will be a big improvement on the weak calendar last year. Hopefully they will support F1 at Bahrain, Malaysia and China. Hopefully we will also get some good standalone events with no repeating circuits. Abu Dhabi will probably host a race, possibly at least one of Qatar, Korea or Dubai as well.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2761377)   #25
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
I just hope the Asia calender is short, this is so unfair to have the new car in both series and basically catapulting the budget to over 2 mln EU!