Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Feb 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3708762)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Advice on rigs/Assetto/Race Track Builder

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating building tracks for Assetto Corsa after spending years working on rFactor tracks (using Bob's Track Builder). I have a few questions:

*Is Assetto Corsa worth purchasing? If so, could you tell me what spec PC would run it best (money being no object!)?
*Could anyone recommend a good driving rig/seat/screen for simulation?
*Does Assetto Corsa support virtual headsets?

Thanks! Would really appreciate your feedback..

Selby
Old 2 Feb 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3708817)   #2
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Assetto. It depends what you're looking for. Online multiplayer is better than you'll usually be told it is but it can be hit and miss (pun not intended). For me it has the best driving 'feel' (with a wheel) but others disagree. If you're modding, AC was designed with that in mind, and getting a track in-game is a very quick and easy process (more so that cars, though that's pretty simple compared to other sims). I might be wrong but I think the latest incarnation of Bob's Track Builder can (or was planned to be able to) export directly to AC.

Can't help with rigs, seats or screens but I can tell you that my 5 year old PC with an AMD 6300FX and a Radeon R9 380 (i.e. not a very good PC) runs AC just fine with some things turned down, still looks pretty good.

Lastly AC does support the Rift, and I think that a Vive can be made to work despite no official support as yet.