Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2002, 00:45 (Ref:299957)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Just for the record......

While having a play with some forum options, I was interested to see what discussions have really got us going, and most seemed to come from this year.

10th : Greatest Driver started by Crash and Burn on 15/10/01 with 165 Posts

9th : Anagrams started by Tom Fuller on 30/12/01 with 171 posts

8th : Solution to first corner foolishness?started by eatapc on 03/03/02 with 174 posts

7th : Proposed Letter to Bernie started by Liz on 13/05/02 with 179 posts

6th : "TGF" and the origins of the term started by EERO on 21/04/02 with 193 posts

5th : Bernoldi and Coulthard, Unsporstmanlike or Racing started by Valve Bounce on 28/05/01 with 221 posts

4th : Micheal races dirty as usual !!! started by Sato San on 17/03/02 with 280 posts

3rd : Lets review what garbage Montoya is. started by AGGY on 23/08/01 with 290 posts

2nd : Montoya deserved a 10s Stop-Go started by Schumacher on 17/03/02 with 305 posts

And ranked at number one, no suprise really,

1st : The Ferrari / Schumacher Disgrace Thread (all of them merged) started by (24 different people)
EERO on 12/05/02 with 479 posts

It would appear without Michael and Juan, we would have little to talk about.
Old 30 May 2002, 01:03 (Ref:299961)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most usually turn into anti-TGF/anti-JPM threads anyway!!!
Old 30 May 2002, 01:20 (Ref:299970)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, and leaning heavily towards the anti-TGF side as of late. I was tempted more than once over the last few weeks to leave ten-tenths for good.

But, you can put the cork back in the champagne, because there are too many members here who I respect, to have the few spoil it for me.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 30 May 2002 at 01:24.
Old 30 May 2002, 08:33 (Ref:300121)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We could take this opportunity to carry on the tradition of being fanatical about reminiscing about the "good old days" by making this thread the most popular ever!
Old 30 May 2002, 09:01 (Ref:300134)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes the good old days eh!!!
Old 30 May 2002, 11:01 (Ref:300228)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be 1983-1993?

If we had had the Internet when Senna and Prost or Mansell and Piquet were at the height of their powers, you'd have had the same kind of debates and some people would be whining that all we ever talked about was Senna and Prost (or Mansell and Piquet).

Usually the reason threads are popular is that people are interested in the subject. So if you want to "go back to the good old days whatever they were to you, start some good old days topics and see how they go.
Old 30 May 2002, 15:10 (Ref:300447)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz

Obviously I wasn't sarcastic enough! I was attempting to tease those that are preoccupied with matters yester-year by pointing out the irony of supporting a thread which reminisces about reminiscing.

Oh well - I guess if you have to explain it, it wasn't funny.

The good old days are here and now and tomorrow.
Old 30 May 2002, 15:32 (Ref:300466)   #8
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that one of the reasons for that is TV coverage. That is, 90% of the time all you get to see is JPM and TGF 'coz they're the ones that usually do something interesting - in their opinion. (No offence for Air Ralf and Mad Rubinho)
We get very little of the drivers from back the grid, and even when we do, it's usually just a slomo of something they did - overtaking, or some kind of incident. It's very rare to get, lets say, two minutes coverage of the battle for 11th position, even if some two guys are really racing, and the leading two are just cruising their way to the finish line.
Old 30 May 2002, 16:07 (Ref:300493)   #9
Baby Spice
Racer

Baby Spice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6th : "TGF" and the origins of the term started by EERO on 21/04/02 with 193 posts

My favourite but later it turned sour.
Old 30 May 2002, 16:30 (Ref:300515)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen, are you still at university? Or in high school? Just curious.
Old 30 May 2002, 20:37 (Ref:300775)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I apologise to those that don't like me reminicising!!!

I just like what i like and I guess that you like what you like, we have our reasons, some are technical, some electronic, some mechanical and some are just our preferences. There are some things you can explain and justify, there are some things you can't. There are emotive reasons and there are unemotive reasons. There are no good or bad reasons (well there are obviously some!) but in the end we like what we like and we don't like what we don't.
Old 30 May 2002, 20:57 (Ref:300804)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting stats Wrex, thanks mate.
Old 30 May 2002, 22:36 (Ref:300877)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm, just noticed that in 7 of the 10, I have two posts or less. I seem to avoid these most of the time.
Old 31 May 2002, 04:48 (Ref:301035)   #14
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Yes, and leaning heavily towards the anti-TGF side as of late. I was tempted more than once over the last few weeks to leave ten-tenths for good.

good riddance!!!!

only joking, inigo!!!
Old 31 May 2002, 04:56 (Ref:301037)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Glen already has one foot in the old people's home. But don't worry Glen, I'll be around to listen to you even when they lock you up there.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 31 May 2002 at 04:57.
Old 31 May 2002, 11:14 (Ref:301323)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Glen, are you still at university? Or in high school? Just curious.
Since I'd never dream of of asking a lady her age, I'll decline to give you mine. I have never been to University, I was working at sixteen, I have twelve years experience in my current career (which I did not enter until my tewnties) and work for myself, I am married, I have one and a half children.

And. My post was supposed to be funny. Nothing wrong with chewing the cud about the good old days, but there is something wrong with the state of being that leaves noting to look forward to but nostalgia.
Old 31 May 2002, 13:42 (Ref:301517)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by calais

good riddance!!!!

As I said, you can put the cork back in the champagne bottle
Old 1 Jun 2002, 02:02 (Ref:302089)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Nothing wrong with chewing the cud about the good old days, but there is something wrong with the state of being that leaves noting to look forward to but nostalgia.
Hey Glen!! Don't worry. I promise to listen to you in the old people's home, fair dinkum!! Even if the other guys turn a deaf ear to your ramblings, the old Valve Bounce will be there to listen.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]