Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 May 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3411336)   #126
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Having seen the replay of the crash a number of times, I can't really make out where the car's supposed to have left the ground. I posted the clip of the crash here #112 .
20 seconds in; the rear end briefly lifts off the ground after having hit the wall.
Old 27 May 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3411340)   #127
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
20 seconds in; the rear end briefly lifts off the ground after having hit the wall.
That it does and that's all it does, which isn't that surprising considering the force with which it hit the wall.
Old 28 May 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3411562)   #128
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
3.8 Final 5.9 million viewers up from 3.7 and 5.7 million respectively last year. Disappointing considering the Busch hype but not surprising considering past trends and the general decline of auto racing in the states. Busch probably helped it from sliding though so I guess you could say it was a success and that IMS may try to get more stock car drivers to do Indy in the future.

Coke 600 got a 3.9 overnight which will probably increase to a 4.0 or 4.1 final. Way down from last year as usual for Sprint Cup this year but they still beat Indy.

Loads of empty aluminum at both Indy and Charlotte as well.
Old 28 May 2014, 01:40 (Ref:3411564)   #129
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 500 probably had a better chance to run caution free last year with cool conditions, when you have warmer weather handling plays a much larger role on ovals. Probably why it was harder to pass this year as well and why good cars like the Andretti cars and Will Power's could actually pull away at times.
Old 28 May 2014, 02:45 (Ref:3411579)   #130
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
3.8 Final 5.9 million viewers up from 3.7 and 5.7 million respectively last year. Disappointing considering the Busch hype but not surprising considering past trends and the general decline of auto racing in the states. Busch probably helped it from sliding though so I guess you could say it was a success and that IMS may try to get more stock car drivers to do Indy in the future.

Coke 600 got a 3.9 overnight which will probably increase to a 4.0 or 4.1 final. Way down from last year as usual for Sprint Cup this year but they still beat Indy.

Loads of empty aluminum at both Indy and Charlotte as well.
What great unbiased analysis as ever

TV figures are up and you say its disappointing? More eyes on Indycar can only be a good thing.

Pruett and Miller also reported the Speedway being busier and better attendance this year - which can also only be a positive.

Not game changers on any front - but small progress is a positive
Old 28 May 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3411712)   #131
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, NASCAR has the option in reserve to put an end to all future 'doin' the double' fun simply by scheduling the 600 closer to the 500.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3411769)   #132
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well, NASCAR has the option in reserve to put an end to all future 'doin' the double' fun simply by scheduling the 600 closer to the 500.
Not sure why they'd want to though. I think it generated some publicity for both the racers and the taxi drivers. The fact Kurt made a great showing only helps too.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3411787)   #133
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Unless NASCAR just wants to be a troll they have no real reason for doing that. It's not like Kurt Busch doing the double hurt Charlotte ratings as NASCAR ratings have been down all season, and it didn't even move Indy ratings up beyond the margin of Nielson error (not that I expect the average Ten Tenths hivemind poster to understand basic US media research and television ratings in general as so many here widely demonstrate).

If anything with all the empty seats at Charlotte NASCAR should be more worried about that race than Indy 'competition' that only exists once a year.
Old 28 May 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3411798)   #134
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Unless NASCAR just wants to be a troll they have no real reason for doing that. It's not like Kurt Busch doing the double hurt Charlotte ratings as NASCAR ratings have been down all season, and it didn't even move Indy ratings up beyond the margin of Nielson error (not that I expect the average Ten Tenths hivemind poster to understand basic US media research and television ratings in general as so many here widely demonstrate).

If anything with all the empty seats at Charlotte NASCAR should be more worried about that race than Indy 'competition' that only exists once a year.
For the average Ten Tenths hivemind poster to understand basic US media research and television ratings, could you explain how it all works please?
Old 28 May 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3411807)   #135
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They can be very paranoid, and can barely abide real or perceived competitors, that's why they might resort to scheduling sabotage.

But I agree with you guys. There's no reason the two events can't drive each other on. I hope they are sober enough to see it that way.
Old 28 May 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3411837)   #136
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
For the average Ten Tenths hivemind poster to understand basic US media research and television ratings, could you explain how it all works please?
Nielson ratings. Google Search. Done. The Internet is an amazing place.

Just don't call me biased when I say a race that was significantly hyped with a top NASCAR star and major increases in all NASCAR-Hub media markets ratings had an actual increase that was so insignificant it was below the Nielson margin of error, had 'disappointing' ratings.

I'm obviously not referring to you bjohnsonsmith in the second part of my post, just to be clear.
Old 28 May 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3411840)   #137
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Nielson ratings. Google Search. Done. The Internet is an amazing place.

Just don't call me biased when I say a race that was significantly hyped with a top NASCAR star and major increases in all NASCAR-Hub media markets ratings had an actual increase that was so insignificant it was below the Nielson margin of error, had 'disappointing' ratings.
I Googled Nielsen ratings, as suggested and I came across this very comprehensive and detailed entry on Wikipedia, about the Nielsen ratings, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings. Indeed the internet is an amazing place, .

Quote:
I'm obviously not referring to you bjohnsonsmith in the second part of my post, just to be clear.
It never crossed my mind..
Old 28 May 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3412118)   #138
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nah - not biased at all Definitely not when looking historically at the tone of previous posts over the past couple of years.

Motorsport media have all been positive on the progress of the 2014 event over previous years.