Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Sep 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1405430)   #1
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC 10th September-Thruxton

A bit over shadowed by all the other racing on the 10th September the HSCC meeting at Thruxton was a cracker,ran to time(except the last race that was started a minute late-John I will do better next time).
Well done from me anyway for all the teamwork from the Thruxton regulars on the bank and especially in my case the Pits/Start and Paddock/Assembly.
WELL DONE.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1405995)   #2
Kavokid
Rookie

England
Henley on Thames
Kavokid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Nick

Well we all enjoyed it, even though we were short of bodies, but it all went smoothly and the team work was brill. The atmosphere was relaxed. though very busy, even with the assembly paddock start green flag laps. So the drinks are on you at Goodwood i believe, Nick. We'll be there in the Pits at Goodwood, Fangdoc and Skiprat.. C&C
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1408395)   #3
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
A bit late (been away on business) but a big thank you to everyone at Thruxton who made the meeting such a success. My first time clerking a meeting there and it was a real pleasure to work with such a great bunch of people (yes Nick - that includes you! - LOL). Actually felt a bit of a fraud - I think the meeting could have run just as well without me - but then a lot of people would say "most meetings would"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to see some of you around soon.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1408481)   #4
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
And I'd like to add my thanks to everyone for the big welcome back to marshalling I received, as last weekend also marked my return after my most recent operation and recovery. It was great to be trackside again and making lots of noise (as usual).

It is also my last marshalling of 2005 and hopefully I will be able to get myself even fitter in 2006 so that I can have a full year's marshalling to complete.

Cheers

Steve

== = ==
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1408517)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was interesting hearing talk of being "short on bodies" but compared to many other meetings I've been to this year each post was positively overflowing with orange
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1408520)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Don't know which post you were on or looking at, but posts 21 & 22 had just 3 persons on each. Pitlane was run with just 5 people (including me in wheelchair), so there were plenty of areas down on their normal numbers. But we managed ......................!
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1408523)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Just" 3 persons you've not been to Rockingham then recently
I'm sure you weren't as well manned as you would have ideally liked but in realtion to many other places you were doing well
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1408530)   #8
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
I've been to worse - 15 marshals in total for the whole of Pembrey (and there's 8/9 posts there!). So know what low levels can be.