Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1892899)   #151
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
so does this mean, you have the mighty sticker on your car "when I grow up I want to...."
for one reason I am very afraid of making jokes with the midget community, but I couldn't resist this one!!!!!

I had,nt taken it as a dig Midgetman, as I said "I fully apreciate what you mean"!!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:11 (Ref:1893854)   #152
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>>so does this mean, you have the mighty sticker on your car "when I grow up I want to...."

No, no, no, it says "When I get any bigger I'll need to"

Been there, done that with MGBs. Like a gurt big comfy armchair compared to the skateboard I'm racing at the moment. Nearly made I seasick
Old 17 Apr 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1893857)   #153
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
>>>>>>>>>so does this mean, you have the mighty sticker on your car "when I grow up I want to...."

Been there, done that with MGBs. Like a gurt big comfy armchair compared to the skateboard I'm racing at the moment. Nearly made I seasick
Bring it to Terence next time
Old 17 Apr 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1893963)   #154
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman

I take it you had,nt set it up properly then!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1893967)   #155
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Bring it to Terence next time

Thanks for the plug Esper,thats another beer I owe you
Old 17 Apr 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1894007)   #156
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Thanks for the plug Esper,thats another beer I owe you
lets do the champagne so you ll tell me where are the hidden details
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:18 (Ref:1894446)   #157
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Never been adverse to the odd glass of Bolly Esper
Old 18 Apr 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1895061)   #158
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Never been adverse to the odd glass of Bolly Esper
it would be most aproperiate to discuss hidden potential over a glass of "Bolly" . But Bollinger, Bollinger thats quite a lot of James Bond, isn't it.?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1895093)   #159
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes,but it only leaves me shaken,not stirred.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1895297)   #160
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, I'll 'fess up, it was 25 years ago I regularly raced a standard MGB in the BCV8 series. They weren't "historic" in those days, just old sports cars. I expect development has improved the breed somewhat from the 1980s.

Wasn't that where we came in???????????
Old 19 Apr 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1895575)   #161
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
BC V8? sOME PEOPLE EH!!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1895593)   #162
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now some of those really have been untapped, just like the the old modsport days. Very quick and spectacular are some of those B V8s.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1895631)   #163
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Shame that Engine came along after 1965.That unit in a proper "B" would be quite something!!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1895689)   #164
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'proper "B"!! No blinkers on there then, Terence!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1895703)   #165
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
'proper "B"!! No blinkers on there then, Terence!

No,not at all.John.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1895734)   #166
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
MGB, thats an Austin Cambridge sport coupe isn't it?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1895737)   #167
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes Al,it is,but when there is a V8 up front,well,they do come out a bit more nimble than some cars !
Old 19 Apr 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1895823)   #168
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You mean the American Buick designed V8, just as well they never stuck the Leyland designed crap stag V8 in it was'nt it? :-)
Old 20 Apr 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1896007)   #169
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
You mean the American Buick designed V8, just as well they never stuck the Leyland designed crap stag V8 in it was'nt it? :-)

Touche!!