Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2531073)   #1
Sirius Motorspo
Rookie

Denmark
Odense, Denmark
Sirius Motorspo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsorship in the DTM

A good friend of mine owns a soft drink company here in Denmark, and they want to enter the German market later this year, and he has asked me to look into the possibilities of a sponsorship within the DTM in 2010.

..So..since my knowledge is pretty limited to GT Racing, I would really appreciate any information available from you guys before I approach the potential DTM teams.

They want a Title sponsorship with matching logo exposure like TV Spielfilm, Trilux, Playboy ect. and they want to race with Mercedes due to a well known competitors sponsorship with Audi.

I know that prices differ from team to team, but what are we talking as a guideline ?

1 Mill. Euros ?? 2..??

Any help on the financial aspect and also to avoid the hidden traps is greatly appreciated.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2531100)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think around €500k (Kolles) to €1m (factory team).
Old 30 Aug 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2531129)   #3
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes ?
Not a drink I'll have then if it swaps over to here
Old 30 Aug 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2531134)   #4
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Mercedes, the sponsors are sometimes swapped from team to team (TV Spielfilm from Mücke to Persson, Salzgitter from Persson to HWA), some sponsors seem to sponsor a certain driver (Trilux and Ralf, Vodafone and Schneider some time ago) while others sponsor various drivers (stern for example). I think the sponsorship for the Ralf car is significantly more expensive then, lets say, the Maro Engel car.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2531153)   #5
Sirius Motorspo
Rookie

Denmark
Odense, Denmark
Sirius Motorspo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys.

I really think that sponsorship in DTM is hard to figure out, and even more who actually decides where the logos are being placed.

My friend had to go with Mercedes since Audi already has a soft drink sponsor, so not much choice there, I´m afraid ;-)

He has also been told that he shouldn´t count on having any say over the choice of driver for the car, even though he actually already sponsor a high profile Danish driver that he really wants to race the car.

This driver also has a substantial sponsor budget, but that doesn´t seem to carry any weight on the decision.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2531257)   #6
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anything is negotiable, I'm sure. How much extra it will cost to get what one wants is another matter.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2532206)   #7
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Motorspo View Post
Thanks guys.

I really think that sponsorship in DTM is hard to figure out, and even more who actually decides where the logos are being placed.

My friend had to go with Mercedes since Audi already has a soft drink sponsor, so not much choice there, I´m afraid ;-)

He has also been told that he shouldn´t count on having any say over the choice of driver for the car, even though he actually already sponsor a high profile Danish driver that he really wants to race the car.

This driver also has a substantial sponsor budget, but that doesn´t seem to carry any weight on the decision.
Surely your friend would be lavishly shown around by Mercedes and they would go through all the nuts and bolts of any possible deal at a DTM round when he gets in contact?