Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Sep 2009, 04:35 (Ref:2535141)   #51
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not a secret. This week-end for the last time russian fans are able to watch Q and R Live. And watch at all. 7tv that has shown DTM and lots of other motorsport (LMS, full Le Mans race coverage, FIA GT, Superstars, Truck Racing and numerous bike racing) is transformed into entertainment channel (Big brothers and other no-sense). We're informed, it's the last racing week-end. So we try to get as much autosport vitamin as we can,because winter is going to be longer this time. It wasn't a goverment channel,but it was free to watch. Not cable or satelite. You just need an usual antenna to get the translation into your TV. And it was since 2002. So, there's no wonder that DTM has lot's of fans in Russia. Don't know what those who had no Internet are going to do.

As for suspension I read that Eki prefers neutral-steering in each car he drives (rally or DTM). And I heard if rear suspension is softer than forward it helps to overcome oversteering. And Audi R14 has some oversteering. And Scheider likes that very much. So,no wonder he's higher than Eki.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2535224)   #52
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
It's not a secret. This week-end for the last time russian fans are able to watch Q and R Live. And watch at all. 7tv that has shown DTM and lots of other motorsport (LMS, full Le Mans race coverage, FIA GT, Superstars, Truck Racing and numerous bike racing) is transformed into entertainment channel (Big brothers and other no-sense). We're informed, it's the last racing week-end. So we try to get as much autosport vitamin as we can,because winter is going to be longer this time. It wasn't a goverment channel,but it was free to watch. Not cable or satelite. You just need an usual antenna to get the translation into your TV. And it was since 2002. So, there's no wonder that DTM has lot's of fans in Russia. Don't know what those who had no Internet are going to do.

As for suspension I read that Eki prefers neutral-steering in each car he drives (rally or DTM). And I heard if rear suspension is softer than forward it helps to overcome oversteering. And Audi R14 has some oversteering. And Scheider likes that very much. So,no wonder he's higher than Eki.
If you have sat tv, just point your dish to either Astra 1 sat at 19.2° east or to Hotbird 13° east and look for 'Das Erste' . That's your DTM setup then
I'd take Astra 1 though since you would have ESP & DSF there too which covers most of the international (live) racing. The cream on the cake would be an old analogue sat box on Astra 1 since there you could tune into english comentary with Eurosport
Old 6 Sep 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2535286)   #53
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That safetycar is nice for some Audi-drivers. It is that is was a Mercedes that crashed, if it would have been an Audi, you could have guessed they hired Piquet.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2535352)   #54
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for explanation of satelite! I'll try to save some money for connection (I still using an usual TV antenna...)

Did Ralf play for Audi too?
Old 7 Sep 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2535679)   #55
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
According to the DTM website there were 20,000 spectators there. I can only assume they are counting both days as it didn't feel that busy. I'm betting MSV weren't overly happy with the turnout.

Much as I like Brands, the Indy circuit is the wrong track for these cars.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2535736)   #56
andye30m3
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Sussex
andye30m3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there on Sunday and it did feel quite quiet, shame really I wonder if the CC is meaning more people are reluctant to spend the cash on the ticket,

i was also sightly disappointed with the amount of time nothing was on track.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2535785)   #57
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone tell me what happened to Kristensen (why he went off)?
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2535808)   #58
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Looked to me like he got a nudge from Spengler.

The meeting did seem quieter this year - both from number of people and indeed the trade stands, no manufacturer stands on Colin Chapman way giving out driver cards/posters/flags as in previous years.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2535820)   #59
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
There was a clash going round McLaren/Clearways at the re-start. Didn't see what happened but there was lots of white bodywork left on the track and looking back at my pictures you can see that Kristensen's car is missing all the aero off the passenger side rear. I can only assume that something mechanical broke on the car as by the time he got to Clark Curve he just went straight on into the barriers.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2535926)   #60
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kristensen
Directly after the start Spengler pushed me toward the guard rail. I had to lift, he even touched me and a few components broke. On the first set of tires I had no grip whatsoever. Of course that helped Eki move forward some more. On the next set things were going better and I maintained sixth place up to retiring. Spengler heavily hit the right rear of my car, broke off the entire corner and pushed me off the track. My race ended in the circuit barrier - a rough day.
That was a pretty big hit, glad he's okay. No specific comments from Bruno yet that I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBZv6ZjPNxQ
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2536002)   #61
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the info re. Kristensen!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2536128)   #62
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But wait, there's more! (in the interest of fairness).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Spengler
At the end of the race, I had a fight with Kristensen: we entered Turn 1 side by side, and he was at the outside line, on the dirty part of the track. We touched, and he went out. He was quite upset, but that was not my responsibility, that’s just a racing incident.
Again, the best news is the Major's okay.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2536131)   #63
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm impressed by that TV coverage. The radio transmissions enhance it. Even though the commentary was in a language I don't speak, it looks much more professional than Motors TV's attempts ever did, with the hapless Cole and Kirby combo.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2536137)   #64
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting video, the "crowd" was not one row deep and the Paddock Grandstand has more in at a 750 meeting.
I think it would be fair to say what works in Germany is not automatically a hit here.
Not sure how long to run on the contract but from the BTCC, WTCC and DTM this is the weak link.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2536183)   #65
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Interesting video, the "crowd" was not one row deep and the Paddock Grandstand has more in at a 750 meeting.
I think it would be fair to say what works in Germany is not automatically a hit here.
Not sure how long to run on the contract but from the BTCC, WTCC and DTM this is the weak link.
Personally, I found it quite comfortable in it's roominess - they should let that few people into every race
Old 7 Sep 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2536215)   #66
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
One year left on a three year deal IIRC, which doesn't happen very much, anymore, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm impressed by that TV coverage. The radio transmissions enhance it. Even though the commentary was in a language I don't speak, it looks much more professional than Motors TV's attempts ever did, with the hapless Cole and Kirby combo.
Likewise CC, the radio traffic adds a lot.

What happened to Oliver Jarvis?
Old 7 Sep 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2536271)   #67
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It may look that way in a short clip, but if you had to suffer through a whole race you'd see it's amateurish at best. The radios are nice, but because they are put on air without explanation and without telling the commentators, it's often just people talking over each other - and many times you don't even know who's talking to whom. And "hapless" would be charitable for both of the commentators. Reuter at least knows what he's talking about, but he can't talk - some people just aren't cut out to be commentators. And in most unusual situations you can rely on their first attempt of an interpretation to be incorrect.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2536432)   #68
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
It may look that way in a short clip, but if you had to suffer through a whole race you'd see it's amateurish at best. The radios are nice, but because they are put on air without explanation and without telling the commentators, it's often just people talking over each other - and many times you don't even know who's talking to whom. And "hapless" would be charitable for both of the commentators. Reuter at least knows what he's talking about, but he can't talk - some people just aren't cut out to be commentators. And in most unusual situations you can rely on their first attempt of an interpretation to be incorrect.
I second that !!
Usually I switch the TV commentary off (did that in the Klaus Ludwig days too) and turn DTM Radio online streaming on. It is a tad behind but way better. Not sure though how Stefan Heinrich sounds alone because I haven't tuned in since Stefan Moser left to be VW's press speaker.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2536450)   #69
Mockenrue
Racer

United Kingdom
Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK
Mockenrue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
What happened to Oliver Jarvis?
He got touched by Green, who received a drive through penalty as a result.