Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Aug 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2525230)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The "where are they now?" thread

Sorry if there's been a bit of duplication, I tried searching for similar threads but couldn't find any.

This is a thread for discussing names that appear to have disappeared back under the radar.

Here's one guy that seemed to have disappeared : Erkut. He wasn't amazingly fast, but he was a lot better than many of the other BTCC drivers, especially in aging machinery managing to score a point in a race which, if I remember correctly, was one where kayaks would have been better machinery. He drove last year but hasn't came back, probably due to budgets. Does anyone know if he's doing any racing this year?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2525274)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe he's racing back in Turkey this year, but was considering a return in 2010.

I'll add a couple for people to resolve - Mickey Doyle, Richard Marsh, Chris Stockton.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2525500)   #3
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Doyle is probably still working for the family business In-Tune?

Chris Stockton I can't seem to find, although his family are involved in Equestrian Eventing!

Richard Marsh I'd guess has decided to concentrate on business, his website is no longer up.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2525615)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
I believe he's racing back in Turkey this year, but was considering a return in 2010.

I'll add a couple for people to resolve - Mickey Doyle, Richard Marsh, Chris Stockton.
Had a check, could find little evidence that the TTCC still even exists.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2525707)   #5
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14 View Post
Richard Marsh I'd guess has decided to concentrate on business, his website is no longer up.

I don't recall Richard Marsh being a racing driver
Old 21 Aug 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2525711)   #6
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my dad and I used to help "stocko" when he did champion of oulton ff1600
he was a top if no tthe top cross country rider in uk/europe(not quite sure) and always had to fit racing around this
he had major work commitments too and functions that took up a load of time, was great to see someone i used to know well in btcc, couldnt tell you now where he was

He was genuinly excited for racing , maybe he lost the bite
Old 21 Aug 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2525727)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of Chris Stockton's businesses: http://www.stocktonandstratton.co.uk/
Old 21 Aug 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2525758)   #8
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Marsh was out in the Kumho BMW's a couple of weeks back, I think.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2526112)   #9
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Micky Doyle and In-Tune still have the Civic, and want to get it back out, budget permitting. He was at Knockhill at the weekend I gather.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2530026)   #10
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Sorry if there's been a bit of duplication, I tried searching for similar threads but couldn't find any.

This is a thread for discussing names that appear to have disappeared back under the radar.

Here's one guy that seemed to have disappeared : Erkut. He wasn't amazingly fast, but he was a lot better than many of the other BTCC drivers, especially in aging machinery managing to score a point in a race which, if I remember correctly, was one where kayaks would have been better machinery. He drove last year but hasn't came back, probably due to budgets. Does anyone know if he's doing any racing this year?
Maybe im wrong but i don't seem to remember him being better than many of the other btcc drivers? i mean out of 2 full seasons plus a couple of races for vxr in 2006 he scored 2 points.

Wheres Owen Murray these days? Raced an Alfa a couple of years back.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2530037)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
Wheres Owen Murray these days? Raced an Alfa a couple of years back.
Racing in the SEAT Eurocup for two years. Easier to find if you spell his name right

It's Eoin Murray.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2530043)   #12
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
lol i knew it i hadnt spelt it right.
tbh his was the first name that came to mind and i hadnt actually done the looking part.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2530472)   #13
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Phonetically you were correct.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2532017)   #14
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
Maybe im wrong but i don't seem to remember him being better than many of the other btcc drivers? i mean out of 2 full seasons plus a couple of races for vxr in 2006 he scored 2 points.
I seem to remember his VXR car was a converted show car or something, there was some issue with it. When he was running with Tech-Speed he looked pretty good though. He said he'll be back next year, so lets hope he returns.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2532057)   #15
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
I seem to remember his VXR car was a converted show car or something, there was some issue with it
I believe that Kizilirmak made his BTCC debut in a former show car that had been used for sponsors rides.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2533132)   #16
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether he is good or not, it is by far the best Turkisch racingdriver I know. That makes him sort of interesting anyway.
That reminds me, would that Hairuman or something from Malasia still drive slowly and crash into cars somewhere? And his teammate Shaun Watson Smith? They drove in the BTCC for Proton in 2004.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2533144)   #17
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farique won the Asian Touring Car Championship a couple of years back. He's still racing Petronas-backed cars elsewhere I believe.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2533371)   #18
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
shaun watson smith raced in the south african production car championship in 2008.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2533397)   #19
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Farique's driving a BMW Z4 for Team Petronas in some sort of Asian endurance series.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2533863)   #20
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I remember correctly it could be Super Taiku (sp?).
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2534061)   #21
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Correct with the Hairuman thing. Team Petronas even has the Stuck's involved!

http://www.teampetronas.com
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2534069)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Correct with the Hairuman thing. Team Petronas even has the Stuck's involved!

http://www.teampetronas.com
Racing a BMW? Isn't Hans Joachim Stuck connected to Volkswagen Motorsport since a few years?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2534077)   #23
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Racing a BMW? Isn't Hans Joachim Stuck connected to Volkswagen Motorsport since a few years?
Good point - he better be careful http://www.hansstuck.com/en/career.html
Old 3 Sep 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2534095)   #24
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Hairuman is doing well over there, has he improved massively, or are the other drivers there just hopeless. I mean, they surely can't be bad enough for the Hairuman we saw to beat them.

Watson-Smith was really good though, and I'd really like to see him back in the series. He nearly got a podium in the Proton, which, judging be his team mates performances, was a horrible car. I'd like to see him back in because i think he could do very well in a half decent car.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2534117)   #25
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
I felt sorry for Hairuman. He was thrown in at the deep end by his sponsor and it was too much of a learning curve for him. But who would turn down the chance of a paid works drive in a high profile series like the BTCC?