Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3051875)   #101
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Toby Moody was excelent, agrre with the person above regarding Tim but i suppse he hasnt commentated since November so will pob be back to his usual best for Donny.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3051884)   #102
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the curfew was 6pm.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3051890)   #103
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
I thought the curfew was 6pm.
It is 6:30
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3051891)   #104
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Towing straps are now law in the msa rule book are they not?
I used to have a large metal eye but was made to change it for the useless strap.
Plato makes me so angry, he thinks its ok just to punt people off and that move on Newsham was never on.
Was I the only one to notice that on the race three podium that Andrew Jordan would not even make eye contact with Jason?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3051900)   #105
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I thought Toby was excellent. ''You spin me right round baby!''

Tim Harvey didn't appear to be firing on all cylinders this weekend..
Eh. I guess I'll get used to him over the year, but stuff like "This is bumping and this is on the graaaaaaaaaass" - can he just not commentate normally?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3051907)   #106
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
I used to have a large metal eye but was made to change it for the useless strap.
Plato makes me so angry, he thinks its ok just to punt people off and that move on Newsham was never on.
Was I the only one to notice that on the race three podium that Andrew Jordan would not even make eye contact with Jason?
I think the rule just gives a diameter needed for a towing attachment, and the only feasible way to achieve that is with a strap. I may well be wrong, though, I haven't thoroughly checked the blue book in a couple of years.

I agree totally about Plato. He should have been DQ'd from race 1 IMO. Anyone else winning a race on a car's competitive debut I'd be impressed by, but the manner he does it (and then acts holier-than-thou after) really grates with me. I turned off as soon as the chequer fell and it went to the in-car - I have no interest in hearing the commentators try to see if there's any room left up Plato's backside with himself already in there.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3051908)   #107
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't usually come on this thread, and I don't follow the BTCC, but I agree about those moves by Plato. I saw the last race, and couldn't believe it- presumably this is now standard practice in this series. I know the spectators love it, so perhaps the stewards allow it to keep the peace.

If you nudge a car on full power on the rear three-quarter, it will nearly always slew or spin, and certainly lose momentum. JP did it deliberately.Surely second place in the first season for the car would have been good enough, or is the pressure to win that hard?

I can't see success helping sell the cars - the road test in this month's Motor Sport is pretty damning.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3051915)   #108
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well that was an interesting day at Brands! Incidents in just about all the races but it has to be said Plato really does need sorting out - the move on Newsham was never on, Plato used the pitlane exit and grass to get alongside him, I'd have said it was "all four wheels off" anyway even without the punt. The worst bit about it is that you know it's coming - Plato gets up behind another driver and you're just waiting for the punt. Year after year he gets away with it - why? On the plus side I though Lea Wood had a good day in the Vectra and Newsham had a good recovery from the punt.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3051920)   #109
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see Gordon Shedden has lost his Race 3 4th place because the team worked on his car during the red flag. Shame as that was a good drive from him.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3051924)   #110
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I see Gordon Shedden has lost his Race 3 4th place because the team worked on his car during the red flag. Shame as that was a good drive from him.
Interestingly (for the anoraks amongst us) that's not what the notification on the result say, it says "not running at time of red flag".

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&tabletype=gif
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3051927)   #111
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it might be good telly to some but plato was out of order, does no one have the balls to penalise him ?
we , as drivers have been told to not exceed the track limits and i goes without saying you dont punt some one off to gain a place you race your way around the bloke in front , not through them !!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3051932)   #112
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato was totally out of order and liked seeing Matt Neal give as good as he got in race 2

Oh and today the marshalls negligence to the value of the cars was p*** poor, ripped the front off of Smiths Focus then done the same to the back and the front of the Golf. No excuse for this. Oh and they ripped the front bumper off of Newshams Vectra aswell, everyone sat around me was shouting in disgust. I normally wont critisize marshalls but today they were just being totally ignorant.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3051933)   #113
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very well saying Plato should have been disqualified etc, but it wasn't just him that caused a collision throughout the three races. People like to criticise him but what of the others that caused needless collisions?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3051942)   #114
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Erm look at the video again, Plato and Jordan were laughing and joking on the podium
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3051950)   #115
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
For the person who asked how did Foster end up on his roof, he had a big powerslide on the exit of Druids and couldn't/didn't save it, he then went into the inside barrier backwards and hard, then flipped. No other cars were involved. I was sat in the Paddock grandstand and saw it all.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3051955)   #116
Tom Bee
Racer

United Kingdom
Knickerbrook
Tom Bee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Platos driving was poor the move on Newsham was 100% his fault IMO which was clear to see if u looked where Platos car ended up, there was no chance that it would of worked. I think Newsham was in the right and I thought it was insane that Plato was blaming him.

I dont want to critisise the marshals as I am 1 (Oulton Park), however I do think they went the wrong way about snatching Smiths car.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3051962)   #117
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is made worse by the gravel at Brands, works better than most other circuits. It actually stops cars
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3051975)   #118
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Interestingly (for the anoraks amongst us) that's not what the notification on the result say, it says "not running at time of red flag".

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&tabletype=gif
I did think as he was already in the pits and being worked on it's strange they can exclude him for his car being worked on.

But if that's the case then surely they shouldn't have allowed him to take the restart?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3051978)   #119
trebor901
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
The problem is made worse by the gravel at Brands, works better than most other circuits. It actually stops cars
Yeah but thats not the point, it happens almost every time BTCC goes to Brands ive even seen it on more than one occasion where a marshall somehow managed to get one of them massive crane/snatch vehicles stuck in the gravel causing an even longer safety car period
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3051989)   #120
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Will ITV stay with it, though?
My Sky box didn't. Which was a blessing in a way as I didn't have to endure an extended Tesco advert after the chequered flag dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I thought Toby was excellent. ''You spin me right round baby!''

Tim Harvey didn't appear to be firing on all cylinders this weekend..
JP should've supplied him with some Kx.

Toby Moody was alright, a bit hesitant at times and some identifying issues, but not bad. He looks younger than he sounds!

I wish I'd had money on Plato winning race three, it was on the cards. Just like 2009......

Shocking amount of crashes today in all the classes, first day over-exuberism?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3051991)   #121
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
You think it is marshals that drive the JCBs @ Brands - wrong.
Circuit staff.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3051993)   #122
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What did O'Neil say about a possible return? Did he mention the Cruzes? Whats the deal?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3051999)   #123
trebor901
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
You think it is marshals that drive the JCBs @ Brands - wrong.
Circuit staff.
well then they need some damn good training on how to use them properly because they are awful at times
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3052004)   #124
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when they say four wheels off track is the boundary the track edge of the kerbing or the grass edge of the kerbing?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3052005)   #125
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What did O'Neil say about a possible return? Did he mention the Cruzes? Whats the deal?
Cars are sitting there ready with Toca turbo power, but no funds to run them.