Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jan 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3497442)   #726
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Does Ten still have the rights to Tudor? I enjoyed watching their coverage even if I had to record it as it was usually on at some ungodly hour haha
Old 25 Jan 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3497452)   #727
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
Where do you get this info from? I know that FOX Sports couldn't secure the rights to Daytona 24 and USC but I think NASCAR also belongs in that group. http://hityourmarks.com/2015-rolex-2...-details/8036/ this website says that Network Ten has the rights. Shouldn't IndyCar be on FTA but as a highlight package just like Formula E. What a shame if true if they are all gone from FTA or Pay TV
I guess all will become obvious in a few weeks when the NASCAR series starts.All I heard was that because Foxtel have spent so much of their motorsports budget on V8's and from next year on F1 they had much less to spend on rights for other motor sport.They made NASCAR an offer for their package ,which includes Tudor Series,which was a fraction of what they have paid in the past.NASCAR said no thanks.Negotiations may still be continuing but Foxtel do not have the money left in their budget to pay anything like what they have paid in the past when NASCAR was the flagship of their motor sport programming.
As regards what another poster said the US Fox rights have nothing to do with the Australian rights which expired at end of 2014.Also One HDR has no Daytona 24 replays scheduled.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3497502)   #728
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Sebring 12 Hour, Petit Le Mans - I reckon they would have plenty of Australian motorsport fans.

I am sure even you would agree that V8 practice sessions isnt a worthwhile exchange for these blue ribband events
I agree but the V8 practice sessions will likely rate better, so from a commercial point of view I can understand the decision.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3497817)   #729
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foxtel may not be willing to part with as much money for NASCAR now that Mr Ambrose is no longer a part of the series, and he would have been a significant catalyst for many of Foxtel's viewers to watch NASCAR?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3497933)   #730
AnEmmoFan
Rookie

AnEmmoFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There have been several comments about the new V8 deal that includes live coverage on Foxtel of all practice sessions. As a general point I am not convinced that practice sessions on Tv put motor sport in a good light. In F1, practice sessions can go on for extended periods without any cars on the track - not a good look. On a similar basis, NASCAR practice sessions are tedious. Practice sessions do not involve real competition, like a qualifying session or a race. Would you watch golfers, footballers or cricketers practising?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 09:56 (Ref:3497939)   #731
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEmmoFan View Post
There have been several comments about the new V8 deal that includes live coverage on Foxtel of all practice sessions. As a general point I am not convinced that practice sessions on Tv put motor sport in a good light. In F1, practice sessions can go on for extended periods without any cars on the track - not a good look. On a similar basis, NASCAR practice sessions are tedious. Practice sessions do not involve real competition, like a qualifying session or a race. Would you watch golfers, footballers or cricketers practising?
good news, qualyfying will also be live. not on multi hour delay like 2014
Old 27 Jan 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3497944)   #732
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish V8SC would come out and detail exactly what the FTA deal is.

Based on my research of the irrelevant ramblings of so-called 'fans' on Facebook, it seems that most believe there is no such FTA deal, or that it is only limited to 6 undisclosed races.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3497946)   #733
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
I agree but the V8 practice sessions will likely rate better, so from a commercial point of view I can understand the decision.
I'm sure your right with this.... but by the same token how high do we expect ratings to be for V8 practice when they are on Fridays?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3497961)   #734
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Based on my research of the irrelevant ramblings of so-called 'fans' on Facebook, it seems that most believe there is no such FTA deal, or that it is only limited to 6 undisclosed races.
I thought the 6 races ... well, weekends ... had been disclosed some time ago as Clipsal - Townsville - Sandown - Bathurst - Gold Coast - Homebush? That loads the live FTA package heavily towards the second half of the year. Perhaps the thinking is to give us a teaser with Clipsal, and hope that some people will miss the live action and get Foxtel after missing a few events. The part of the FTA deal I am waiting for is what will the highlights package be? Will it be 1 hour of practise/qualifying/racing shown at midnight on Sunday, or will we get something more useful like 2 hours at 10pm on both Saturday and Sunday?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3497962)   #735
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I recall (not 100%) it being a 1 hour highlights per round on the Sunday at 4pm
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3497972)   #736
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
good news, qualyfying will also be live. not on multi hour delay like 2014
On FTA?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3497974)   #737
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
I thought the 6 races ... well, weekends ... had been disclosed some time ago as Clipsal - Townsville - Sandown - Bathurst - Gold Coast - Homebush? That loads the live FTA package heavily towards the second half of the year. Perhaps the thinking is to give us a teaser with Clipsal, and hope that some people will miss the live action and get Foxtel after missing a few events. The part of the FTA deal I am waiting for is what will the highlights package be? Will it be 1 hour of practise/qualifying/racing shown at midnight on Sunday, or will we get something more useful like 2 hours at 10pm on both Saturday and Sunday?
It's 6 weekends - Clipsal, Townsville, Sandown, Bathurst, Gold Coast and Sydney. Speedcafe have said over 80 hours of live coverage from the 6 big events. Exactly there is too much uncertainty about this deal as V8SC haven't really specifically told the viewers what there is in the deal. All I know is that 4pm Sundays is for the 8 round weekends of the c'ship. Ten's live coverage starts Feb 27
Old 27 Jan 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3497981)   #738
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, my understanding too, is on top of the 6 live events, the rest will be shown as highlights packages.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3498146)   #739
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Added the new sports package to my basic plan. be aware people that you can add or remove that plan month to month if you like if you already have foxtel. I don't mind either way as I get UFC, AFL and the V8s for $25 per month. The only catch for the Foxtel deal is that you need to have the "basic" package for 12 months only and or remove sports package as you wish. Previously (last year) I would add the sports package for 1 month at the beginning of the AFL season just to watch all the Preseason games which was a lot cheaper than going to the game
Old 28 Jan 2015, 03:13 (Ref:3498174)   #740
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Foxtel's programming for February gives some details of their V8 telecasts
-Clipsal has 10 hours live each of the 4 days.A bit surprised that they are showing all that on Thursday when there are no V8 Championship cars on track.This must mean that they are going to show all practice/ qualifying for the support categories as well during the year.
-Only showing the Sunday of the test weekend which shows Warburton's lie about not being able to hold it the weekend after because of the Saturday clash with the Australia v England World Cup up for what it was.
-No NASCAR telecasts listed which means it is collateral damage in the V8 deal.Negotiations may still be continuing but time is running out particularly as they knew the situation from the time they signed the 2016 F1 deal.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 03:33 (Ref:3498176)   #741
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lack of FTA V8 coverage is upsetting for many.
I realise a heap of fans will throw cash at Foxtel and talk about their gazillion hours of live pracs/quals/etc.

But just recently I have realised another group of people that will miss out and potentially cripple the sport in the years ahead. This group doesn't generally get a say in whether Foxtel will be hooked up at home. And that's all the young fans, all the kids who have made certain drivers their heroes and are often just as fanatical about race weekends as their fathers and uncles.
Certainly my youngest boy will be missing out, and the result is his attention will be snapped up by cricket and footy. It was when he recently had some friends over that I realised this issue. The oldest kid out the front that day was several years older than my boy (about 13 or 14 I reckon) and he was pretty upset pointing out just how long the break was between Clipsal and Townsville. He can recall podium places and winners from previous years so he obviously has some level of passion, and he gave me the impression that the ride is over, and Tander has just lost a supporter because this boys family are not in the position to even entertain the idea of Foxtel. I did mention to him that there will be highlight packages and I got a teenage eyeroll - I really had no comeback at that point ;-) !
Now I know where my interest in the sport came from and it wasn't from the 90's.
Makes me wonder where the next generation of fans are coming from.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 05:25 (Ref:3498186)   #742
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I'm sure your right with this.... but by the same token how high do we expect ratings to be for V8 practice when they are on Fridays?
Short answer - not very high. But the die hards can IQ record the sessions and watch them later.

AnEmmoFan brought up the comparison of how many people watch golfers, footballers or cricketers practicing? Again, the answer is not many besides the die hards, but for big events the practice sessions can get a decent crowd. I will probably (record and) watch practice for Clipsal.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 05:34 (Ref:3498190)   #743
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
No NASCAR telecasts listed
Where is is this information from? The current TV guide only lists programs up to 11 February.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 06:31 (Ref:3498194)   #744
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Foxtel's programming for February gives some details of their V8 telecasts
-Clipsal has 10 hours live each of the 4 days.A bit surprised that they are showing all that on Thursday when there are no V8 Championship cars on track.This must mean that they are going to show all practice/ qualifying for the support categories as well during the year.
-Only showing the Sunday of the test weekend which shows Warburton's lie about not being able to hold it the weekend after because of the Saturday clash with the Australia v England World Cup up for what it was.
-No NASCAR telecasts listed which means it is collateral damage in the V8 deal.Negotiations may still be continuing but time is running out particularly as they knew the situation from the time they signed the 2016 F1 deal.
What about FTA details. I can't see the V8 SuperTest in the schedule on the Ten Network. Wouldn't Ten also have 10 hours of live coverage on Friday/Saturday and Sunday considering that Fox/Ten will be simulcast live for Clipsal. Ten needs NASCAR to fill the airtime otherwise there will be a big hole
Old 28 Jan 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3498198)   #745
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Where is is this information from? The current TV guide only lists programs up to 11 February.
February Foxtel magazine is out now
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3498208)   #746
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
What about FTA details. I can't see the V8 SuperTest in the schedule on the Ten Network.
Simple. 10 are not covering the test
Old 28 Jan 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3498223)   #747
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Simple. 10 are not covering the test
10 are suppose to have a highlights package
Quote:
Network Ten will televise a one-hour highlights package of the SuperTest on Sunday afternoon. - V8 Supercars
Old 30 Jan 2015, 01:25 (Ref:3498923)   #748
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TUSC is available free live streamed from their site for the whole race (except in US when it's on Fox).
Old 2 Feb 2015, 05:05 (Ref:3499967)   #749
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently there's no Fox coverage of the test on Saturday ? Glad I'll be at Bathurst
Old 2 Feb 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3499980)   #750
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have just looked at Foxtel online programming for this wend and all I can see is that from 9am on Sunday is LIVE. On both Fri & Sat they are show Winton from 2014.
Now Im all for Foxtel showing the v8, but Imust have misherd cause I thought both days were Live from the creek this wend.But its just all day on Sunday.
Oh well we be flicking back and forth between channels then.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish