Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3510671)   #1001
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of TV coverage, will we get to see support shows like 7 have had in previous years on 10, or is RPM all we ars going to get.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3510684)   #1002
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Speaking of TV coverage, will we get to see support shows like 7 have had in previous years on 10, or is RPM all we ars going to get.
If you get Foxtel you get every support live

however there are meant to be some shows that are coming for supports
Old 2 Mar 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3510698)   #1003
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trackside is supposed to be making a comeback.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3510894)   #1004
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV

Just seen Clipsal on TV up here in Europe It was transmitted Live but most of us would have recorded it rather than watch it at 3am! Top job Motors TV for taking it and even better no 888/Redbull/Wincup one eyed PR man Skaife!! Although Mark Larkham and his white board seemed to be on the missing list as well which was a minus. Is Greg Murphy really as scared of Roger Penske as he looked!!
Old 2 Mar 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3510927)   #1005
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Sorry to dig this comment from a few pages back, but it wasn't like for like contracts if my memory is correct.. Didn't the deal with 7 for the rights change to a profit sharing of advertising revenue generated with v8sc?? probably worked out cheaper for Stokes who brought a lot of that advertising
On a side note, I did notice Coates still sponsor the leaderboard just before the ad break, so Mr Stokes' group of companies hasn't completely bailed.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3511011)   #1006
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jury out on V8 Supercars TV deal after solid start

3 March 2015 - V8 Supercars NewsThe full impact of V8 Supercars' new media rights deal on audience size won't become clear until the first of Fox Sports' exclusive live events later this month Read More
Old 3 Mar 2015, 05:56 (Ref:3511014)   #1007
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
On a side note, I did notice Coates still sponsor the leaderboard just before the ad break, so Mr Stokes' group of companies hasn't completely bailed.

New three year deal..

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/11/...s-association/

Quote:
Coates Hire has extended its association with V8 Supercars for another three years.

The fresh deal takes its the national equipment hire company’s relationship with the category to a 14th consecutive season.

Under the arrangement Coates Hire will provide equipment and services at V8 Supercars promoted events as well as continuing as naming rights backer of the Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint.

V8 Supercars chief executive James Warburton says the Coates Hire extension is one of many planned for the next month.

“I am delighted to say that Coates Hire joins all of our major partners in returning to the sport as the first of many announcements planned across the next month,” Warburton said.

Old 3 Mar 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3511015)   #1008
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still on Percat's ride in a minor way too.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 06:30 (Ref:3511020)   #1009
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
[QUOTEThe full impact of V8 Supercars' new media rights deal on audience size won't become clear until the first of Fox Sports' exclusive live events later this month Read More[/QUOTE]

just for caspers benefit who was concerned i was falling down on the job

what i said last night

you no longer need to be concerned
Old 3 Mar 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3511039)   #1010
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Ratings?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Mar 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3511077)   #1011
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Ratings?
enjoyable show, the bit on scotty mac and the saturday of Clipsal was excellent.

Now if they could just get rid of that buffoon who talked over everyone and made stupid jokes that went on for ever
Old 3 Mar 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3511307)   #1012
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, bit of a UK newbie here so I apologise if this is an obvious question, but are the Aus GP races being broadcast anywhere? Thanks
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3511351)   #1013
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ratings?
is that Liz Ellis?
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3511361)   #1014
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
is that Liz Ellis?
yes it is, she wans't bad, has a family history in motorsport seemed knowledgeable enough and asked some good questions

although the Buffoon often talked over her
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3511419)   #1015
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yes it is, she wans't bad, has a family history in motorsport seemed knowledgeable enough and asked some good questions

although the Buffoon often talked over her
Guessing the buffoon is one Mr M Skaife as he has been doing it for years. As Ross Stone once said on, I think, channel ten the last time they were showing the V8's - sorry to be talking whilst you were interrupting....

Anyway for a thread about channel ten and the broadcasting of the races it appears to be about anything but. I watched it on ten (Foxtel is being installed next week) and overall I think they did a cracker job. Better than 7 as there were fewer ads and less nonsense. However a couple of things that I did notice:

Greg Rust needs to stop referring to cars by their number as in "the number 97 is in pit lane, the number 33 is in the wall." Not only is the rubbish grammar irritating it just sounds like he cant remember who the drivers are or who the teams are. Just stop it, please.

Rihanna Crane is doing her usual level of work. Her report on Sunday was that Chas Mostert's car had a new wing and quarter panel and that was all it needed. Ten minutes later Crompton went through the list - suspension linkages, transaxle, driveshafts etc etc etc.

But anyway overall it was good - shame they cant be bothered doing the remainder of the season properly.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3511420)   #1016
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Guessing the buffoon is one Mr M Skaife as he has been doing it for years. As Ross Stone once said on, I think, channel ten the last time they were showing the V8's - sorry to be talking whilst you were interrupting....

Anyway for a thread about channel ten and the broadcasting of the races it appears to be about anything but. I watched it on ten (Foxtel is being installed next week) and overall I think they did a cracker job. Better than 7 as there were fewer ads and less nonsense. However a couple of things that I did notice:

Greg Rust needs to stop referring to cars by their number as in "the number 97 is in pit lane, the number 33 is in the wall." Not only is the rubbish grammar irritating it just sounds like he cant remember who the drivers are or who the teams are. Just stop it, please.

Rihanna Crane is doing her usual level of work. Her report on Sunday was that Chas Mostert's car had a new wing and quarter panel and that was all it needed. Ten minutes later Crompton went through the list - suspension linkages, transaxle, driveshafts etc etc etc.

But anyway overall it was good - shame they cant be bothered doing the remainder of the season properly.
that's him, he just talked over everyone laughing hysterically at his own jokes

Because this thread has been merged multiple time it has become a discussion point on the new media package

Have you heard something to suggest the other rounds wont be done this year on Foxtel (or are you talking about ten)
Old 4 Mar 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3511422)   #1017
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bit dumb and ignorant of them to use Inside Supercars, as the name was taken
www.insidesupercars.com.au
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3511427)   #1018
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
someone should have filed a trademark then
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:30 (Ref:3511433)   #1019
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post

Agree completely. This extremely annoying terminology is often heard at the Speedway, where one would imagine the commentators are mere rookies.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3511440)   #1020
djr81
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
that's him, he just talked over everyone laughing hysterically at his own jokes

Because this thread has been merged multiple time it has become a discussion point on the new media package

Have you heard something to suggest the other rounds wont be done this year on Foxtel (or are you talking about ten)
I was talking about ten. They did a good job and it would have been nice to see the rest of the rounds on ten in full. Particularly with the commentary team they have. As distinct from Skaife and Ingall.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 01:48 (Ref:3511441)   #1021
djr81
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
Agree completely. This extremely annoying terminology is often heard at the Speedway, where one would imagine the commentators are mere rookies.
I wouldn't mind so much it is just the wilfully incorrect English.

The number 97 car is in pit lane would be fine. The number 97 is in pit lane is just an annoying affectation.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:16 (Ref:3511446)   #1022
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Been reading a fair few comments about the cost of Foxtel. Well, let's do the logical maths.

A month of Foxtel is $50 per month. ($60 if HD channels are selected) Per week that is about $12.50 per week.

That can buy:

A single box meal with KFC
A pub steak meal (barring drinks and extra food/sauces, etc)
About 2-3 beers at the bar.
Roughly 9 liters of fuel. (either diesel or gas/petrol)

I could keep going on and on but to be honest, point made. So for people whinging about the expense, think about it in a mathematical sense.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:20 (Ref:3511448)   #1023
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I want to drink at your pub

but yes you your maths is good
Old 4 Mar 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3511456)   #1024
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proper analogy would be you go to the pub to have a steak dinner but to get it you have to pay for 3 meals a day for the whole month, whether or not you want it. And a guy from overseas can get the steak on its own just fine...
Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3511459)   #1025
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Been reading a fair few comments about the cost of Foxtel. Well, let's do the logical maths.

A month of Foxtel is $50 per month. ($60 if HD channels are selected) Per week that is about $12.50 per week.

That can buy:

A single box meal with KFC
A pub steak meal (barring drinks and extra food/sauces, etc)
About 2-3 beers at the bar.
Roughly 9 liters of fuel. (either diesel or gas/petrol)

I could keep going on and on but to be honest, point made. So for people whinging about the expense, think about it in a mathematical sense.
I am not sure it is whinging. In terms of the reality for families in Australia, there are bigger priorities than Foxtel (such as food & petrol) as you have outlined above.

The fact that less than 1/3rd of Australians have Foxtel is probably an indicator of the bigger priorities facing everyday Australians.

The attitude of those in position to afford Foxtel to those who cannot has absolutely astounded me on this foum & beyond this forum