Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Mar 2015, 10:28 (Ref:3511982)   #1051
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Race day with Scotty Mac

Awesome little behing the scenes package

Thanks to Foxtel and V8 supercars and free to those without health insurance

but if you are anti Foxtel please dont watch this, keep your standards
Not Anti Foxtel or any other, just hate paying the Aust tax for content that the rest of the world receives at half the cost, but then ex aussie Rupert M , wants to control us and the content we receive,
just saying
Old 5 Mar 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3511993)   #1052
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Just watched it.. what was Mr Skaife thinking?

Ms Ellis was leading the chat in a logical, sensible way, while Mr Skaife kept chasing the cheap laughs. Makes no sense

Wonder if there will be an interchange with Mr Ingall?
he was really average. It would cause me to longer watch. hopefully he will learn for next week
Old 11 Mar 2015, 02:46 (Ref:3513901)   #1053
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
The only place to see all V8 Supercar rounds is on TEN this year, whether it is highlights or live coverage of any SuperStreet, SuperSprint, International or even Enduro rounds. As FOX Sports aren't televising V8s at Albert Park
broadcast of v8 supercar for GP
Old 11 Mar 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3513904)   #1054
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TEN also have the rights as Richard Craill and Jack Perkins are commentating the V8 race for Ten Sport. TEN also televising Touring Cars, Porsche Carrera Cup and Ultimate Speed Comparison. I don't get as to why V8 Supercars won't put up TV times for Ten as well
Old 11 Mar 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3513924)   #1055
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't get as to why V8 Supercars won't put up TV times for Ten as well
Agreed, hence my query in the other thread.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3513982)   #1056
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Ten haven't publicised the broadcast times for the last few years when they've been broadcasting the GP - I think that they all want us to spend the day in front of the goggle box.

It'll be an improvement if they DO televise all the support races, has been too much waffling with "celebrities" in past years.

It may well be that ten haven't confirmed to V8s what the exact broadcast times are?
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:02 (Ref:3513989)   #1057
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Ten haven't publicised the broadcast times for the last few years when they've been broadcasting the GP - I think that they all want us to spend the day in front of the goggle box.

It'll be an improvement if they DO televise all the support races, has been too much waffling with "celebrities" in past years.

It may well be that ten haven't confirmed to V8s what the exact broadcast times are?
Ten broadcast all support categories in 2014. Ten haven't released the schedule as to what they are televising, however there have been cases they have when a V8 Supercar race is on after qualifying. From what I can gather 2 Touring Car races, 4 V8 Supercar races, 3 Porsche Carrera Cup races and 2 or 3 Ultimate Speed Comparisons. There will still be "celebrities" but it could be less than previous years
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3514090)   #1058
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Ten broadcast all support categories in 2014. Ten haven't released the schedule as to what they are televising, however there have been cases they have when a V8 Supercar race is on after qualifying. From what I can gather 2 Touring Car races, 4 V8 Supercar races, 3 Porsche Carrera Cup races and 2 or 3 Ultimate Speed Comparisons. There will still be "celebrities" but it could be less than previous years
That would be good - I have clear memories of them talking rubbish with talking heads as GT cars go past in the background but that may have been 2013.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3514130)   #1059
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That would be good - I have clear memories of them talking rubbish with talking heads as GT cars go past in the background but that may have been 2013.
Ten would possibly have:
Neighbours
Studio10
The Living Room
The Bachelor
MasterChef
Big Bash League
The Project
The Biggest Loser
Family Feud
Bondi Rescue
Shark Tank
Wonderland
Plus more
Old 11 Mar 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3514315)   #1060
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct.. Every F1 session, Every V8 race, every Carrera Cup race, 3x Speed comparos and sat + sun Heritage Tourer races. And we've got Larko rolling round for the V8's and possibly some of the HTC stuff!
Old 12 Mar 2015, 03:00 (Ref:3514366)   #1061
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I nearly bought Foxtel, but then decided not to. Affordability is not a problem, it's less than 1% of my salary, but as a wise man once said, "unsuccessful people focus on price, successful people focus on value."

I looked at it and realised I just couldn't see $50 worth of value in it. I don't watch football, I won't watch the std. entertainment channels and I recorded the C10 coverage of Clipsal and fast forwarded through a lot of it.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3514367)   #1062
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I nearly bought Foxtel, but then decided not to. Affordability is not a problem, it's less than 1% of my salary, but as a wise man once said, "unsuccessful people focus on price, successful people focus on value."

I looked at it and realised I just couldn't see $50 worth of value in it. I don't watch football, I won't watch the std. entertainment channels and I recorded the C10 coverage of Clipsal and fast forwarded through a lot of it.
sounds like you will enjoy the highlights package ch ten are going to show
Old 12 Mar 2015, 03:09 (Ref:3514369)   #1063
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
sounds like you will enjoy the highlights package ch ten are going to show
Yeah, it might suit me just fine, but it will have to be shown early enough for me to avoid hearing the results. I find it very heard, almost impossible to watch a replay when I know the results.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3514403)   #1064
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
Correct.. Every F1 session, Every V8 race, every Carrera Cup race, 3x Speed comparos and sat + sun Heritage Tourer races. And we've got Larko rolling round for the V8's and possibly some of the HTC stuff!
Thanks Craillsy. I can't wait for Larko at his best. Best of luck with the calling
Old 12 Mar 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3514413)   #1065
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see they have C10 info up now

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/view/tv-schedule

Times are slightly different....and most C10 entries have smaller time slots
Old 17 Mar 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3516202)   #1066
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Inside supercars. Tuesday nights at 7.30 on Fox is a really enjoyable show

The fixed the buffoon issue. was much better tonight, much less guffawing.

David Reynolds interview was a great watch
Old 19 Mar 2015, 02:06 (Ref:3516976)   #1067
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah somebody has been kind enough to upload the episodes on youtube so I've been watching it there and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised. It's been exactly the right mix of light hearted banter and serious discussion.

My only gripe is that segment they had this week where they talk to a driver's wife. Please don't do that again, it was boring and I don't think most of us care what their trophy wives get up to at home.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3517026)   #1068
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Episodes 2 and 3 were much different to episode 1. Liz Ellis wasn't asked back, with Riana moved to the desk instead of standing awkwardly standing on the side. I'd get rid of the silly little games between drivers. Talking about the sport is what they do best.

van Gis was interesting in episode 2, stating that the starter motor had copped a flogging at Bathurst last year, plenty of cutting the engine under safety car. Tekno also changed the engine mapping during the half time red flag which may have contributed to the fail.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3517043)   #1069
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
van Gis was interesting in episode 2, stating that the starter motor had copped a flogging at Bathurst last year, plenty of cutting the engine under safety car. Tekno also changed the engine mapping during the half time red flag which may have contributed to the fail.
Interesting stuff.
Really felt for them that day, they were looking very very good

might have to check these episodes out
Old 20 Mar 2015, 01:01 (Ref:3517311)   #1070
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Are they full eps on YouTube or just segments?
Old 20 Mar 2015, 05:46 (Ref:3517334)   #1071
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guy doing it has been posting the episodes in full.

Episode 3 here.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3517388)   #1072
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks Buckshot
Old 24 Mar 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3519191)   #1073
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Riana does not add any value at all.

She appears to ask the dumbest questions and only appears to be interested in trying to be friendly with the drivers.

I am under the understanding that there are some teams and drivers that don't want to waste their time with her "interviews"

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 24 Mar 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3519192)   #1074
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by redesp View Post
IMO Riana does not add any value at all.

She appears to ask the dumbest questions and only appears to be interested in trying to be friendly with the drivers.

I am under the understanding that there are some teams and drivers that don't want to waste their time with her "interviews"
I thought she was good the previous week in the chair, but not so good on the media wall, not a fan of the wall so far.

I would be thinking if some teams or drivers ignore Riana then they will miss out on tv time, not real intelligent
Old 25 Mar 2015, 06:22 (Ref:3519247)   #1075
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When she hasn't got a director in her ear, yammering away, she's fine.

Perhaps the faith isn't quite there yet to allow her to freestyle a bit more?