Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3382288)   #151
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
The great oracle of Wikipedia suggests that merguez are indeed beef or mutton related - which I guess makes sense given their North African origin - also thinking about it makes sense regarding their longevity out of the fridge come June.

I suppose bringing a sausage maker to Le Mans might constitute things getting out of hand?
I can't find Merguez in Nottingham as our Morrison's doesn't stock it. I don't think sprinkling a bit of Schwarz Chili Powder on a pork sausage will really cut the mustard. I haven't even got the right meat.

Never say never to the sausage maker. Looking around some of the set-ups at the Houx campsite, things got out of hand a long time ago...
Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3382310)   #152
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!

I suppose bringing a sausage maker to Le Mans might constitute things getting out of hand?[/QUOTE]

i think that is a little over the top
Old 20 Mar 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3382364)   #153
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You will easily find merguez and harissa at Auchan or Carrefour. For the harissa, choose the brand "Cap Bon" from Tunisia if you find it.

I confirm that merguez are never made with pork.

Last edited by PascaLM; 20 Mar 2014 at 17:41.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3382375)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst I've never really known what I'm eating when I have my merguez, I must admit I always knew it certainly wasn't pork...... Still love 'em though
Old 20 Mar 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3382392)   #155
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Whilst I've never really known what I'm eating when I have my merguez, I must admit I always knew it certainly wasn't pork...... Still love 'em though
I think saying they contain mutton or beef is probably close but suggest the parts used could not be feed to anyone unless they had an very strong added ingredient, they are best left for drunks and those with no tastebuds
Old 20 Mar 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3382404)   #156
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the absence of any interesting cheese and other key ingredients, I swapped a few things around and created a dish which I have christened "gingerflette".

Using brie as my cheese and single cream instead of double cream, my version is not only less pungent for the more sensitive taste bud, but is also much healthier.

Currently in talks with the ACO to have a stall selling it in the village.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3382428)   #157
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think you are unlikely to get a stall in the village but you might get a space behind the grandstands
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3382431)   #158
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
This is a high-quality product Simon. The smell might entice some of the corporate types to stroll out of their hospitality areas behind the pits and spend some money on merchandise in the village.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3382438)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think saying they contain mutton or beef is probably close but suggest the parts used could not be feed to anyone unless they had an very strong added ingredient, they are best left for drunks and those with no tastebuds
I'm surprised you don't love them then, Simon!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3382440)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I like the sound of that, but the problem with the corporate hospitality sort of people is they have deep pockets and short arms and hate actually having to pay for things with their own money, after 30 years in the city know the sort
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3382442)   #161
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I'm surprised you don't love them then, Simon!
Ho Ho I think you know that those "horses willys" as we used to call them are something I always avoid
Old 20 Mar 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3382446)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah well, no accounting for taste! I'll have the merguez and leave the tartiflette to you....
Old 20 Mar 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3382453)   #163
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That sounds good to me
Old 21 Mar 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3382653)   #164
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What ..... a possible split in the 10 10th'ers over sausage and a plate of crap tasting cheese ..... whatever next !!!

There should be some sort of a competition for the 10 10ths meeting . Like a sort of quiz type thing and the loosers gotta eat the one they dislike the most ..... be a fair amount of Merguez converts I reckon .

How about a tartiflette fight ?
Old 21 Mar 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3382654)   #165
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What ..... a possible split in the 10 10th'ers over sausage and a plate of crap tasting cheese ..... whatever next !!!

There should be some sort of a competition for the 10 10ths meeting . Like a sort of quiz type thing and the loosers gotta eat the one they dislike the most ..... be a fair amount of Merguez converts I reckon .

How about a tartiflette fight ?
Do you mean a cheese fight like this one ? (Translation here)

Last edited by PascaLM; 21 Mar 2014 at 14:06.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3382663)   #166
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I have to say this now... Let's not forget one of the old things of the meeting - the booze/liqueur!
Old 21 Mar 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3382671)   #167
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Do you mean a cheese fight like this one ? (Translation here)
One of my all time favourite scenes from 'Asterix the Gaul'

Old 21 Mar 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3382724)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ok, I have to say this now... Let's not forget one of the old things of the meeting - the booze/liqueur!
Ah, who needs alcohol when you have meat and cheese!
Old 22 Mar 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3383015)   #169
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ah, who needs alcohol when you have meat and cheese!
Why can't we have meat and alcohol, and no chesse
Old 22 Mar 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3383030)   #170
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Why can't we have meat and alcohol, and no chesse
Why be selective at all?
Old 22 Mar 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3383035)   #171
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Why be selective at all?
I don't think the table is big enough if we keep doing this
Old 22 Mar 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3383047)   #172
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I come down late I might bake cake for the table too
Old 22 Mar 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3383073)   #173
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CAKE!
Old 22 Mar 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3383093)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Must point out that if ian and i and the rest of the TR campsite get hungry there might not be any cake left after we collect her on friday evening
Old 22 Mar 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3383102)   #175
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Must point out that if ian and i and the rest of the TR campsite get hungry there might not be any cake left after we collect her on friday evening
Don't do that to me Simon, you don't know me when I've heard there might be cake