Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Feb 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3614375)   #1
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC POMEROY TROPHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Anyone going to the Pom next Saturday?

Bauble.
Yep - car #42 and usually garage adjacent scrutineering
Old 13 Feb 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3614390)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
VSCC POMEROY TROPHY

Unique event from a unique club....

Details here- http://www.vscc.co.uk/page/events?eventID=983
Old 14 Feb 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3614574)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Yep - car #42 and usually garage adjacent scrutineering
Look out for a visit from a 6' 6 Adonis with long wavy hair and a physique to die for, if he does not turn up .... there is always me.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3614576)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Look out for a visit from a 6' 6 Adonis with long wavy hair
I'm not going.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3614583)   #5
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Look out for a visit from a 6' 6 Adonis with long wavy hair and a physique to die for, if he does not turn up .... there is always me.
Be good to see either of you

My Nova is running #49 pedalled by my friend Andy - I expect we will share the garage with the GT40, MGB, Turner, and 240Z who are also friends.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3614604)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Confused spectator.....

VSCC website: Spectator info: No Dogs • Members & Guests Only (Membership Cards required)

Sillystone website: This is our first event of the 2016 season and the event is free for all to attend, so bring the family down for their first taste of racing this year!

Old 14 Feb 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3614609)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Confused spectator.....

VSCC website: Spectator info: No Dogs • Members & Guests Only (Membership Cards required)

Sillystone website: This is our first event of the 2016 season and the event is free for all to attend, so bring the family down for their first taste of racing this year!

Not event a grey area in there- Black or White! Maybe one of the Pom regulars can furnish more info.....
Old 14 Feb 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3614614)   #8
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I go to a number of VSCC events but not the Pom so can't be sure but the following entry on the VSCC Facebook page for last year's event states:

As is tradition, this is a closed event, so Spectators will be required to show their VSCC membership card in order to gain entry to the venue on the day. Friends and Family will be permitted entrance, assuming they are travelling to the circuit with you.

As said, that was for 2015 but it does suggest members only is the norm.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3614615)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been open to spectators in the past, we went in 2011.

I will check with Silverstone tomorrow, since they run the gate
Old 14 Feb 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3614635)   #10
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I will check with Silverstone tomorrow, since they run the gate
If you would like to be part of my 'team' and want a pass mail me on littlebertha-at-gmail-dot-com
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3614646)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know the answer, but I enquired some years ago and it was all to do with Public Liability Cover, and that it been 'sorted' thus allowing spectators. Maybe the VSCC do not want the problems of controlling the public, and Silverstone want revenue. Is there a charge to get in?

Answers on a postcard to ......
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3614647)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Just checked Silverstone's web site and as stated earlier public are welcome and entry is free. VSCC stick to 'members only'. Arrive at your peril.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3614651)   #13
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Just checked Silverstone's web site and as stated earlier public are welcome and entry is free. VSCC stick to 'members only'. Arrive at your peril.
Did you get my email?
Old 15 Feb 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3614902)   #14
brands
Veteran

Reply from the Silverstone official twitter account it is open to the public and free.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3614921)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Good news! Hope the weather Gods look kindly on the event.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3615090)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Did you get my email?
I got an e-mail!!!

Sorry I should have replied.

See ya!

Bob
Old 17 Feb 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3615505)   #17
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those still in doubt - scroll to page 8 and print
http://assets.silverstone.co.uk/medi...2016_final.pdf
Old 18 Feb 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3615642)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Nice one Percy! If that doesn't get anyone in, then all that's left is- Do you know who I am?

Old 18 Feb 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3615697)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nice one Percy! If that doesn't get anyone in, then all that's left is- Do you know who I am?

I would suggest that anyone intending to take advantage of Percy's 'scam' should not use it unless the public are being turned away at the gate (unlikely I would have thought). Treat it as a 'get out of jail free' card, after all if too many people use it unnecessarily it might cause problems in the future.
Just a thought.

Hope not to bump into anyone.

Bob.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3615706)   #20
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would suggest that anyone intending to take advantage of Percy's 'scam' should not use it unless the public are being turned away at the gate (unlikely I would have thought). Treat it as a 'get out of jail free' card, after all if too many people use it unnecessarily it might cause problems in the future.
Just a thought.

Hope not to bump into anyone.

Bob.
Bob - how dare you besmirch my reputation as an honest and generous fellow..?
On a serious note - The link is direct from the Silverstone website - nothing dodgy about it at all.
I trust that you'll be buying the coffee on Saturday?
Old 18 Feb 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3615759)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Bob - how dare you besmirch my reputation as an honest and generous fellow..?
On a serious note - The link is direct from the Silverstone website - nothing dodgy about it at all.
I trust that you'll be buying the coffee on Saturday?
P, I did not realise you had any sort of reputation at all, I do apologise, if only I had known about your unblemished, untarnished, immaculate, blameless character, I would NEVER have suggested you could possibly involved In any kind of Scam.

One coffee, black no sugar coming up.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3615793)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Looking at the Silverstone web site I see the Pomeroy ad shows both of Relativetortoise's cars in action.

Friends in high places?
Old 18 Feb 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3615807)   #23
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Looking at the Silverstone web site I see the Pomeroy ad shows both of Relativetortoise's cars in action.

Friends in high places?
Someone has taste.

In reality heads should roll......
Old 20 Feb 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3616294)   #24
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed the mixture of cars. Not clue about the rules but glad the motorsport season has started.

Will post a few pics later.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3616303)   #25
relativtortoise
Racer

One of the toughest Pom's I have ever done

Conditions in Test E Pt2 were very challenging and resulted in the two red flags and lots of non finishers.

Good to finally catch up with Bauble.

On behalf of all those who had their wallets and jackets nicked including myself and the VSCC President I hope you spend the cash wisely......