Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1269710)   #1
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
MDK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Project Gotham 3!!!

I read today on gamesindustry's website that Microsoft are set to release a third installment of Project Gotham for the Xbox2. I knew they could'nt ignore the most succesful online Driving game on the Xbox even with the imminent release of the mighty Forza.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1270286)   #2
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a huge fan of arcade racers but I've been a fan of this series since Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast, superb games.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1270632)   #3
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Sure. The game has superb handling and force feedback. All the cars feel different - a great feat for the massive library of cars Gotham has. Looking forward to Forza in a big way.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1274099)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great game, it was what convinced my Live! was worth having. It's simply superb online. Can't wait for number 3.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1274118)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could do with that little something extra for non-Live players though.

The level of repetition of challenges on Project Gotham 2 bordered on the fringes of brain dissolving.

Still a great game though.......nice variety of cars and some tracks were OK. Handling was pretty refined too. Nice game! Looking forward to PGR3!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1274184)   #6
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel sorry for anyone who never experienced pgr2 on x-box live, most fun i've had on a game. i hope they tone down some of the cone challenges, that one in the grand touring class at hong kong had me tearing my hair out trying to do it on platinum, i managed though(and then realised the speed 12 wasn't to my tastes, too soft).
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1275127)   #7
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Michael RCV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love PGR2. I'm pretty awesome, I won a online tournament last week! Wasw very close.

I've got all platinums, took a long time but the game has a great feeling.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1275327)   #8
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael RCV
I love PGR2. I'm pretty awesome, I won a online tournament last week! Wasw very close.

I've got all platinums, took a long time but the game has a great feeling.

Really?! How do you get into these tournaments? Never done one before. Can you point me in the right direction? I'd imagine it's pretty tense. What was the format? Like a football tournament?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1275493)   #9
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
It was on www.thelastmanstanding.net

It was the first one they did but look out for more in the future.

Was quite tense, 10 laps with a guy breathing down my neck got the heart pumping quite abit!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1275715)   #10
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i played PGR2, i felt it was very unrealistic, (I.E tap the brake pedal at 215 mph in enzo, bring it down to 100 mph in a matter of meters). apart from this great fun, the nurbs isnt so good thou.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1276105)   #11
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
i played PGR2, i felt it was very unrealistic, (I.E tap the brake pedal at 215 mph in enzo, bring it down to 100 mph in a matter of meters). apart from this great fun, the nurbs isnt so good thou.
How many times have you played the Nurbs? I found that when I first stared playing it I hated it. After about the 200th time, I began to love it - got a 6:06.525 without cutting any corners. It's very tense and makes for great racing when you're up against other people who know it well. Would'nt say it's the most realistic representation of a track, but I would say it's more fun than the GT4 version. GT4's Nurb will be very difficult for overtaking if the game ever does reach online status. I won't be buying it again though coz' it blows.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1276109)   #12
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many times have I played nurbs well urm everyday while i had the xbox in my room.
its fun I cant take that away from the game. Infact the only reason I stoped was for the realise of grand theft auto san andreas.
As i said the brakes are TOO good, The cars arent so well reprensented. I.E cars tend to let the back end go out way to much from just tapping the break for quicker corners .........
Old 12 Apr 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1276457)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK
Would'nt say it's the most realistic representation of a track, but I would say it's more fun than the GT4 version. GT4's Nurb will be very difficult for overtaking if the game ever does reach online status. I won't be buying it again though coz' it blows.
But thats what its like in real life.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1276623)   #14
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if any of you have heard of ourcolony.net it is a Microsoft advertising campaign for the xbox 2 probably going to be called xbox 360.

Anyway the site works along the lines of the ilovebees.com site which was used to promote halo 2 it gives out clues for people to follow in the end leading to the advertised product.

So far ourcolony.net has released images of whats belived to be the new xbox controller, and now it has released what is belived to be the first render image of project gotham racing 3.

This is the image:

This is the gamespot news article about the image:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04...s_6122119.html
Old 12 Apr 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1276742)   #15
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kimbley
I don't know if any of you have heard of ourcolony.net it is a Microsoft advertising campaign for the xbox 2 probably going to be called xbox 360.

Anyway the site works along the lines of the ilovebees.com site which was used to promote halo 2 it gives out clues for people to follow in the end leading to the advertised product.

So far ourcolony.net has released images of whats belived to be the new xbox controller, and now it has released what is belived to be the first render image of project gotham racing 3.

This is the image:

This is the gamespot news article about the image:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04...s_6122119.html

It looks like a PGR3 screen, or render.

Most important thing is that its a Ferrari [b]36[b] further hinting at the new name.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1276751)   #16
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
But thats what its like in real life.
For sure. But it won't make for great online racing like PGR2's version, will it.
Realism's good, but I think a small compromise has to be made for the greater good of the game.
Screenshot looks AWESOME!!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1276822)   #17
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the online racing - never done it, don't have the technology - how do you keep people racing cleanly ? i.e. no Rossi/Fisichella type tactics
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1277020)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knowing what the current Xbox is capable of how much of a leap in graphics we saw between the last last generation and the current one I'd be very suprised if that's a render. It looks simply awesome!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1277225)   #19
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
About the online racing - never done it, don't have the technology - how do you keep people racing cleanly ? i.e. no Rossi/Fisichella type tactics
I guess it's down to trusting the people you game with. I race with a bunch of guys who race clean but understand that stuff still happens in races, so it's cool. You do however get people who just race to win and don't care how they do it. Others just play to mess you up. If you have a fundamental set of rules (nothing complicated) then you can crack on from there.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1277232)   #20
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon
Knowing what the current Xbox is capable of how much of a leap in graphics we saw between the last last generation and the current one I'd be very suprised if that's a render. It looks simply awesome!
What do you mean? That it may be an in game shot?? Cool!! I hope that it is. That's what I would expect from the next gen console. I think that as the competition between Sony and Microsoft heats up the stakes are very high at the moment so they will both be going for the jugular in terms of performance.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1277664)   #21
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
generally people online are alright at clean racing, most will apologise if they mess up and take youwith them. i have raced a few people who were dirty, but they get kicked out of games soon enough. the most satisfying feeling is beating someone who is driving to aggresively, trying to keep you behind them by swerving wildly, i just line them up like mansell at silverstone 87 and it's the best feeling.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1278722)   #22
MDK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R
generally people online are alright at clean racing, most will apologise if they mess up and take youwith them. i have raced a few people who were dirty, but they get kicked out of games soon enough. the most satisfying feeling is beating someone who is driving to aggresively, trying to keep you behind them by swerving wildly, i just line them up like mansell at silverstone 87 and it's the best feeling.
Yeh class!! I can't help sometimes though getting angry with people who mess up my race intentionally and sometimes end up resorting to bashing them around a bit. This usually ends up with me losing the race and feeling a tad miffed. lol. Normally though I always race fair though. Had some great races last night on PGR2 - started using manual again and this has really helped. I switched back to automatic for a while and thought it was ok, but as soon as i switched back to manual I could tell the difference.