Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Sep 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3451633)   #601
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
This car in GT3 version will be awesome :-) … better than the current one IMHO.

I like more this view of the car: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ew-super-coupe
No GULLWING = No Awesome. Like a Lambo V12 without Scissor doors.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3451649)   #602
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Is this the new SLS? I prefer the current one.

EDIT: Yes it is: Mercedes AMG GT.

More photos:
http://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/merced...en-fotos-69953
It's not the new SLS, it's the GT. This will be about half the price of the SLS and is aimed directly at the Porsche 911.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3451677)   #603
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
ART running Lexus. Lexus = Toyota. Nico Lapierre drove for ART, drove for Toyota! Will no doubt see him in their car again
Old 10 Sep 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3451723)   #604
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ART story brings up the interesting point about which manufacturer is playing by the 'spirit' of GT3 and which isn't. ART this season seemed to indicate that McLaren was finally taking things seriously, but apparently it's not enough. Then again, the 12C continues to have a dismal record at the marquee long distance events.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3451778)   #605
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad that the AMG GT won't be having those gullwing doors like the SLS. Oh well, I guess those factory doors will be replaced by some tuner shop.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3451802)   #606
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I guess those factory doors will be replaced by some tuner shop.
The tuner (of the AMG GT) won't probably supply the accident response system of AMG in case of upside down in which the door anchorage explodes enabli9ng the driver get out of the car despite the Gullwing doors. This maybe makes expensiver the Gullwing doors, a reason why it's been removed in a half price segment.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3451812)   #607
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
ART running Lexus. Lexus = Toyota. Nico Lapierre drove for ART, drove for Toyota! Will no doubt see him in their car again
Just to update - as per tweet this morning - "Earlier story ref Lexus/ ART has been withdrawn - I'm assured that reports of team testing the RCF are incorrect & that McLarens will remain"
Old 10 Sep 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3451833)   #608
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the update: I'm just happy to hear they'll be back, hopefully still in Blancpain.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3451842)   #609
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's one of the prettier modern sports car designs I have seen. Nice there are still people out there who can draw curves. Folds and creases are getting old—nothing wrong with them but it seems most new cars are all angles. Flowing curves are natural and timeless.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3451896)   #610
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
you say that like its a bad thing!
20 years after they stopped production I am still undecided about the 928.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3451901)   #611
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
20 years after they stopped production I am still undecided about the 928.
The only thing I ever decided about it was it was 4 more than the 924 but 16 less than the 944.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3451902)   #612
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
That's one of the prettier modern sports car designs I have seen. Nice there are still people out there who can draw curves. Folds and creases are getting old—nothing wrong with them but it seems most new cars are all angles. Flowing curves are natural and timeless.
I as well appreciate curves. They seem to stand up well over time.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3451903)   #613
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 11 Sep 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3452036)   #614
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Just to update - as per tweet this morning - "Earlier story ref Lexus/ ART has been withdrawn - I'm assured that reports of team testing the RCF are incorrect & that McLarens will remain"
There goes my theory.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3453163)   #615
TF110
Veteran

United States
Reiter has big plans for their Gallardo next year- http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...-r-ex-gt3.html
Old 14 Sep 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3453230)   #616
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
LOL R EX = Reiter extension, like a Call of Duty expansion pack... I wonder how it will look.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3453241)   #617
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
LOL R EX = Reiter extension, like a Call of Duty expansion pack... I wonder how it will look.
I am sure this R-EX package will be available as "DLC" for existing Lambo GT3 owners.

BTW interesting to read this interview. For me Reiter > Lambo factory.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3453246)   #618
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I am sure this R-EX package will be available as "DLC" for existing Lambo GT3 owners.

Old 14 Sep 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3453261)   #619
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of the Huracan GT3, seeing Audi involved in developing the car worries me as they'll make it un-competitive in order for the R8 to win most of the time.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3453294)   #620
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Maybe from the Reiter lorry during the delivery. In the end it's like a game, you cannot play if you don't own the original LP600+ (Where the FLV kit is mounted)
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3453295)   #621
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
They won't. Otherwise they just wouldn't bother.

With Bentley having lost their only customer so far, I wonder if they're going to sell (m)any cars this off-season. The M-Sport customer programme wasn't looking so hot at Donington either.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3453301)   #622
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

With Bentley having lost their only customer so far,
Did they? IIRC it was a Dutchman.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3453302)   #623
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
That's Viper, no? Generation Bentley is/was the only customer I know of. Not saying there aren't others, but I've not read about them if so.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3453306)   #624
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
On the subject of the Huracan GT3, seeing Audi involved in developing the car worries me as they'll make it un-competitive in order for the R8 to win most of the time.
I seee more than assembling both cars s so similar (Based same platform) it could be done in same factories and almost lines, so a separate assembly is not optimal. Out of the factory I suppose Lamborghini motorsport should take care. Even it is supposed Lamborghini built a special purpose building at Sta agata for high tech cars where a GT3 could be built.

Quote:

With Bentley having lost their only customer so far, I wonder if they're going to sell (m)any cars this off-season. The M-Sport customer programme wasn't looking so hot at Donington either.
English GT3 Cars got high problems with prices, Not onlyThe MP412C being one of the most expensive, but also, Hans reiter claimed he could build a Camaro and a lambo for the price of a Bentley.

Last edited by urdragon; 14 Sep 2014 at 19:05.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3453312)   #625
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Aren't the Dyson cars customer cars?