Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1434483)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi could "stay at McLaren forever"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4315614.stm

The Finn's been rubbishing talk of a move - and says continued success would keep him where he is
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1434485)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Key word being 'could' here.

Still, better than 'won't'.

Personally, I wouldn't leave if I were Kimi. Ron bends over backwards for him, so why leave?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1434489)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.

He's probably realised McLaren are on the verge of an era
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1434491)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still KB, I worry about next year.

McLaren are onto something good, clearly. But I still have doubts about Mercedes ability to cope with next years format early on.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1434508)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, you know the saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

Uhm, well...

BTW

Quote:
Raikkonen's shot at the 2006 title was ruined by technical problems
I really want that crystal ball they're using!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1434509)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
When Kimi joined Mclaren I just presumed he would be there for a long, longtime (possibly the rest of his career). All this talk of Ferrari etc. I have viewed with a large dollop of scepticism, but never thoguht it utterly impossible (strange things do happen at times).

I don't see Kimi leaving too soon...I just don't see WHY he would. But, then, if, for some reason, Mclaren/Mercedes have unreliability issues that cause titles to be lost...

As things stand, I expect he will be in grey for sometime to come.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1434511)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

White, to be more accurate.

His car is silver.

Where did you get grey from?

Old 15 Oct 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1434513)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nothing is impossible. Still, I would be very surprised if Kimi left McLaren. Clearly, most champions had their success with one team. Kimi should stay at McLaren, they're a competitive team and they can clearly build a good car.

As for next year, I'm afraid I'm with knowlesy. The new engine will show what the team can do. With a good engine McLaren can fight for both titles, but the engine has always been their weak point. Hopefully Mercedes will make something good for next year.....
Old 15 Oct 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1434524)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Hrrrmm, well, fair enough knowls, you awkward git, I will re-phrase.

Kimi will remain employed by the Mclaren corporation (whatsoever its official title may be), more specifically by Team Mclaren Mercedes, as a full-time driver in its F1 operation for some years to come. The colour schemes used by said Team Mclaren Mercedes will prove irrelevant with respect to said driver's continued employment.

Right, I hope that covers it
Old 15 Oct 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1434565)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I simply can't argue with that.

That is top class.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1434624)   #11
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
who would replace Raikkonen?
Piquet?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1434628)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The son of Ayrton Senna.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1434648)   #13
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
The son of Ayrton Senna.
Ayrton Senna never had children, as far as I'm aware. Perhaps you mean his nephew Bruno? He raced for Raikkonen in British F3 this year.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1434794)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Ayrton Senna never had children
My point exactly.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1434830)   #15
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kimi win the title and walk from McLaren next season.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1434841)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Why on earth would he do that?
Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1435180)   #17
bumpsteer
Rookie

bumpsteer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the salary he's paid by McLaren will be enough to keep him there for a few more years.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1435195)   #18
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
nah, anyone who can afford to (bar Renault) would be more than willing to pay him double the money he's paid now.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1435197)   #19
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he comes up short again next year I can't see him staying at McLaren. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in a Toyota before long.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1435203)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

McLaren probably remains his best bet in terms of winning.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1435211)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see any better option than Mclaren. He will stay.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1435369)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4315614.stm

The Finn's been rubbishing talk of a move - and says continued success would keep him where he is
I personally think he will go to Ferrari, but is currently saying what McLaren and Ron Dennis want to hear.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1435522)   #23
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Could be true, hopefully not though
Old 16 Oct 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1435555)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ayrton Senna never had children, as far as I'm aware. Perhaps you mean his nephew Bruno?
You're right he never had, although some claim their sons are his children.

Quote:
He raced for Raikkonen in British F3 this year.
Raikkonen ?

Anyway, I fear Bruno is not up to the task of continuing the name's family in the sport.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1435579)   #25
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
McLaren probably remains his best bet in terms of winning.
Nothing is guarenteed in F1, McLaren could get it all wrong again ala 2004. If Mercedes can't nail down the reliability I don't think many people would blame him for switching teams.