Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Spa 6Hrs Endurance
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

14 Sep 2017 to 17 Sep 2017 23:30 to 21:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

The annual pilgrimage to Spa for the 6 hrs and support races.

The latter will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge and combined MRL sports car grids, plus Masters series. U2TC will also have 2 x 40 minute races.

Old 31 Jan 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3708076)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like it. Still excellent value for money IMO. Far better value than the TV licence fee.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3708084)   #17
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sounds like it. Still excellent value for money IMO. Far better value than the TV licence fee.
Yes, I'm not suggesting it's expensive for the track time and the status of the race!

Looking at some Silverstone Classic entry fees though, they don't seem to have increased by anything like that percentage over the same period, so I'm thinking it's Spa circuit that has caused the major change for the 6.....
Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3708099)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!MGDavid has a real shot at the podium!
examination of the historical data shows the Pound-Euro rate almost the same now as it was in Feb 2012. Make of that what you will!
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=EUR&view=5Y
Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3708101)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You clearly have lots of spare time. Nonetheless then it is hopefully the track costs rather than any other reason.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3708109)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
examination of the historical data shows the Pound-Euro rate almost the same now as it was in Feb 2012. Make of that what you will!
Interesting. Trouble at the moment is that it yo-yo's so much, and anyone with a large payment to make in several months time would be taking a risk basing their calculations on today's rate, which according to siri is 0.86....
Old 31 Jan 2017, 23:46 (Ref:3708248)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The TV license is exceptional value for money.
You get to know value when your a UK resident and pay taxes!

Sorted the hotel.

MB , that was place we stayed in 13.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3708296)   #22
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Sorted the hotel.

MB , that was place we stayed in 13.
Glad you're sorted.

So right but wrong then......
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3709297)   #23
terence
Subscriber
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for info.Track rental at Spa has gone up a fair bit in recent years.Wasnt so long ago you could rent it for around 12000)
Old 14 Jul 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3751240)   #24
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
It's been mentioned by an organiser that this year will mark the Spa 6hrs meeting's 25th anniversary. Anyone confirm that? Fingers crossed the proposed Memorial Barry S-S race will be well supported in his memory. From not even expecting to be there, looks like I am now driving in 3 races, including the 6. Good job I didn't make any alternative plans for the weekend......
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3751577)   #25
terence
Subscriber
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's been mentioned by an organiser that this year will mark the Spa 6hrs meeting's 25th anniversary. Anyone confirm that? Fingers crossed the proposed Memorial Barry S-S race will be well supported in his memory. From not even expecting to be there, looks like I am now driving in 3 races, including the 6. Good job I didn't make any alternative plans for the weekend......
Why would you?😁
Old 16 Jul 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3751585)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You could be Right there Mike. I first went in 92 and ran a car in the F2 race. Thats when I could not get the transit up Eue Rouge.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3752093)   #27
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just dug out my old result sheets. The first 6 hours was run on July 17/18 1993, and track time was all on one day with qualifying in the morning and the race starting at 12 noon, so it will be the 25th anniversary in 2018. 40 cars qualified and 27 finished the race including a Vauxhall Victor!

The 1994 race was held over 2/3 July and 59 cars qualified and 35 finished. 3 x GB teams finished in 1993 and 2 x GB teams in 1994. We finished both years and the car (TVR Grantura) is still going strong and is now owned by Robi Bernberg.

Perhaps the organisers might like to consider a freebie entry to those of us who competed in the first one?
Old 17 Jul 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3752097)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

England
good old Sussex by the sea
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lap times have probably come down 25% , possibly getting to 2:42 this year ?
Old 17 Jul 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3752102)   #29
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lap times: Going back to the result sheet again here are a few times from the 1993 race, in all cases the fastest lap by that type of car.

N Reis Elan (winners) 3.09.12
G Sevin Porsche 911 3.13.14
D Welch Healey 3.15.82
G Peeters MGB 3.18.53
M Madel E type 3.18.99
M van Thiel Mini Cooper S 3.24.78
S Hadfield Elite 3.24.98
N Lees Grantura 3.26.81
H Wellink Vauxhall Victor 3.54.07

As far as I remember tyre rules were fairly relaxed, we ran Avon ZZs, and I think some cars were on Dunlop Rs. Most people drove to finish, we certainly did and the car was in rally trim with pressed steel wheels, non close ratio box and we even had the Halda running throughout!
The next year we had a C/R box, Oselli engine, alloy wheels, competition brakes..... and covered one lap less! Mind you there was a 40 minute safety car during a hailstorm of biblical proportions which blew the startline gantry through 90 degrees. Happy days, and I'm there this year too, but only in the HSCC race.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3752129)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

England
good old Sussex by the sea
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my first visit in 2004 in the Cortina GT I just got under 3:30 . . . last time in 2015 did a 3:14 pleased with that, I don't think theres any more in the car reliably or legally. I'm trying to get there for hscc races as well they are good fun and good value, but Arthur starts a new school the week before, and its his birthday that weekend as well so I'm struggling!