Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3224033)   #26
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Just like to express my disgust at any support for Massa (on this or other threads). A typical quote "People forget how good he was before his accident..." No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooo! People don't forget how good he was (i.e. He wasn't that good).
Complete bull !! Get over yourself ! Good solid race from Massa today, in the first team home today without any sign of friction between the teammates caused by the team...
Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3224598)   #27
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
Complete bull !! Get over yourself ! Good solid race from Massa today, in the first team home today without any sign of friction between the teammates caused by the team...
Started 2nd, finished 5th. Did not threaten for a podium finish despite Alonso being out of the race. Sympathisers describe his race as decent, good and/or solid. Hmm...
Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3224615)   #28
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Started 2nd, finished 5th. Did not threaten for a podium finish despite Alonso being out of the race. Sympathisers describe his race as decent, good and/or solid. Hmm...
Its a bit difficult to judge in my view, for we don't know where Alonso would have ended up, if he hadn't retired from the race.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3224619)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
5th isn't decent behind the RB skulldggery and a resurgent Mercedes team?
Old 25 Mar 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3224653)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good, solid, decent...pretty much the words i would use to describe a drive by a car that qualified better than their overall race day pace ultimately indicated.

if people were saying his drive was great, stellar, or epic then i would agree we are going overboard but why not go overboard with Massa???

he comes across as such a great guy and totally different than the other drivers on the grid...which given the amount of posts lambasting the lack of quality and sportsmanship etc which some of the other drivers posses its nice to be able to cheer for someone we feel good about building up instead of tearing down.

agree to disagree but even you have to admit that so far he is doing much better as of late.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3224699)   #31
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just like to express my disgust at any support for Massa (on this or other threads). A typical quote "People forget how good he was before his accident..." No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooo! People don't forget how good he was (i.e. He wasn't that good).

The supposed "beating" of Raikkonen had more to do with Raikkonen being stuck in his own ways and not communicating with the team better. That's alright when you're winning, but when you're not getting the most out of the car, it puts the team off supporting you. Ferrari favoured Massa fo a while and once he was of of the equation with his accident in Hungary, Raikkonen immediately produced good results, and even won. I'd like to point out that communication with the team is something that is done off-track and has nothing to do with driving.

2008? It would've have immediately diluted the value of the F1 title for the rest of time if Massa had won it. It also shows how much has to align for Massa to win a title. He has to have one the better cars, even the best at some tracks, and he has to be on form in what is the worst season of F1 since I've followed it (1990), in terms of the standard of driving of the frontrunners. To point out how **** it was, Raikkonen (who was definitely **** for 90% of '08) was a massive chance for the title til a couple of races left!

Massa is a massive soft**** who fills his daks when things get hard on the track. He's a frontrunner. He's had it easy for most of his career. He's ****.
I'd suggest people would be more interested in what you have to say if it wasn't strewn with bad language. On the other hand, most of the rest of what you have written doesn't seem to make much sense either.

Just out of interest, which FormerF1Champ are you?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3224823)   #32
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Its a bit difficult to judge in my view,for we don't know where Alonso would have ended up, if he hadn't retired from the race.
Masssa would've been at best, 6th. It's fair to conclude that Alonso would've finished 5th or better. Alonso's presence also would've forced Hamilton off the podium, I suspect.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3224861)   #33
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The supposed "beating" of Raikkonen had more to do with Raikkonen being stuck in his own ways and not communicating with the team better. That's alright when you're winning, but when you're not getting the most out of the car, it puts the team off supporting you. Ferrari favoured Massa fo a while and once he was of of the equation with his accident in Hungary, Raikkonen immediately produced good results, and even won. I'd like to point out that communication with the team is something that is done off-track and has nothing to do with driving.

2008? It would've have immediately diluted the value of the F1 title for the rest of time if Massa had won it. It also shows how much has to align for Massa to win a title. He has to have one the better cars, even the best at some tracks, and he has to be on form in what is the worst season of F1 since I've followed it (1990), in terms of the standard of driving of the frontrunners. To point out how **** it was, Raikkonen (who was definitely **** for 90% of '08) was a massive chance for the title til a couple of races left!

Massa is a massive soft**** who fills his daks when things get hard on the track. He's a frontrunner. He's had it easy for most of his career. He's ****.
I very rarely post on the F1 forum (not sure why really), but read the various threads with great interest. I have to say this has to be one of the most moronic, ignorant and ill informed posts I've read in the time I've been on 10/10's. It's good on here because in the vast majority of cases people are very respectful and can have a sensible discussion. It also helps that the moderators do an excellent job of stopping the sort of idiotic, nasty and antagonistic posts you see else where on the internet. This one appears to have slipped through the net.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3224879)   #34
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I very rarely post on the F1 forum (not sure why really), but read the various threads with great interest. I have to say this has to be one of the most moronic, ignorant and ill informed posts I've read in the time I've been on 10/10's. It's good on here because in the vast majority of cases people are very respectful and can have a sensible discussion. It also helps that the moderators do an excellent job of stopping the sort of idiotic, nasty and antagonistic posts you see else where on the internet. This one appears to have slipped through the net.
It's all very well to have a crack at a post, or at a particular poster, including mine/me. The mistake you've made with this rare contribution is that, while you've freely expressed how you've felt about this particular post of mine, you have not chosen to analyse what was written and produced a counter argument to any of my points, not one. You've just gone on a personal attack. I could do the same in return, but you're an significant poster. Who are you arguing with?

Quote:
I very rarely post on the F1 forum
Good.

Quote:
(not sure why really),
You can't make a point?
Old 26 Mar 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3224909)   #35
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's all very well to have a crack at a post, or at a particular poster, including mine/me. The mistake you've made with this rare contribution is that, while you've freely expressed how you've felt about this particular post of mine, you have not chosen to analyse what was written and produced a counter argument to any of my points, not one. You've just gone on a personal attack. I could do the same in return, but you're an significant poster. Who are you arguing with?
1 - The rule here is criticise the post not the poster, which is exactly what I've done unlike you.

2 - I did analysis it hence the comment the ill informed and ignorant.

3 - No personal attack on you, I don't know you.

4 - I'm not arguing with you, just commenting on your post.

5 - All posters on here are siginifcant, I think you may have meant to say insignificant in an attempt to insult me. Oh sorry I forgot you're not going on a personal attack.

I'll step out of this post now to avoid it degenrating into a slanging match and spoiling it for everybody else.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3224911)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Felipe has however out qualified Alonso in the last 4 GPs!
Old 26 Mar 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3224949)   #37
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
1 - The rule here is criticise the post not the poster, which is exactly what I've done unlike you.

2 - I did analysis it hence the comment the ill informed and ignorant.

3 - No personal attack on you, I don't know you.

4 - I'm not arguing with you, just commenting on your post.

5 - All posters on here are siginifcant, I think you may have meant to say insignificant in an attempt to insult me. Oh sorry I forgot you're not going on a personal attack.

I'll step out of this post now to avoid it degenrating into a slanging match and spoiling it for everybody else.
1) I have not attacked the poster.

2) You may've done some analysis and come up with the conclusion that it is ill informed and ignorant in your own mind. But you have not made it clear why this is the case. I can quote wnut's post which follows and say it's the most meaningless, stupid stat I have ever read on 10 10ths. However, until I explain my point of view, it can only be viewed as a whack at the person who wrote it. I've not come across anyone, let alone you, making a counterpoint to my original post.

3&4) I could've chosen a different word at the time. But anyway...

5) Insignificant as in you "very rarely post on the F1 forum". But yes, I could've chosen a better word.

As far as you last line is concerned? Too late.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3224957)   #38
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
1) I have not attacked the poster.

2) You may've done some analysis and come up with the conclusion that it is ill informed and ignorant in your own mind. But you have not made it clear why this is the case. I can quote wnut's post which follows and say it's the most meaningless, stupid stat I have ever read on 10 10ths. However, until I explain my point of view, it can only be viewed as a whack at the person who wrote it. I've not come across anyone, let alone you, making a counterpoint to my original post.

3&4) I could've chosen a different word at the time. But anyway...

5) Insignificant as in you "very rarely post on the F1 forum". But yes, I could've chosen a better word.

As far as you last line is concerned? Too late.
Just GROW UP!

Steve McQueen.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3225026)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sorry but this thread is closed.

We usually give freedom to the users to debate the subject hoping that they abide to the rules and etiquette.

FormerF1Champ's post didn't go unoticed. He did use bad language but we prefer to wait for someone to report the post instead of taking a direct action sometimes. That's the way to go. If any user feel offended or upset with someone else's post, please REPORT the post so we can do something about it.
This is a friendly forum so we expect that everyone's respect each other.
If you have a personal argument, please use the PM system or contact the staff, and we try to find a solution.
One advice : Think before you post.