Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Oct 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2968073)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans Classic

The entry forms are out for the next edition of LMC.

It is in my opinion the best of all the Historic Meetings but very French.

Scrutes are a shambles but food good.

Have retired from putting Teams together and have entered fewer cars.

If you have a car that is eligible give it a go ,to good to miss!

Same track that RW uses in grown up race.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2968115)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Scrutineering isn't the best, it was only about 5 hours waiting though
Old 12 Oct 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2969932)   #3
Adam Ruddle
Rookie

England
Saddleworth
Adam Ruddle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1962 Corvette

Would this be the right place to ask if there is anyone out there who fancies co-driving my (in preperation) '62 Corvette at Le Mans Classic 2012 (for a sensible share of the entry costs)?
Anyone interested can get me via my blog.
http://scuderia-scirocco.blogspot.com/

Adam
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2969998)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PM sent Adam.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 04:53 (Ref:2995377)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Posts from previous thread merged.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2995412)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ahh yes I remember now, Riley's and Harry's aren't. I'll clean those then . . . just been tuning/building a few Lambretta/Vespa engines so the new metric spanners have been run in. M7 nuts and bolts . . only on a Piaggio!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2997158)   #7
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
ahh yes I remember now, Riley's and Harry's aren't. I'll clean those then . . . just been tuning/building a few Lambretta/Vespa engines so the new metric spanners have been run in. M7 nuts and bolts . . only on a Piaggio!

weeell, we had some artist engineers in Germany in the 50ies who fitted M7 fine pitch screws as core diameter is actually larger than M8 coarse to certain bikes.
Stunts like contributed to their employers going bust
But isnt this OT ?

To take this back to LMC:
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself and entered it for LMC grid 2 today.
If this is some kind of record, please tell where to get my trophy

Rudolf
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2997163)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself and entered it for LMC grid 2 today.
If this is some kind of record, please tell where to get my trophy

Rudolf
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2997208)   #9
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself

Congratulations Rudolf

I travelled up to Buxton yesterday specifically to bid on the Kieft, so I was part of your competition at the auction. Over 4 hours each way and I went home with an empty trailer.

It was one of the few cars that exceeded the top estimate as most were falling short of the bottom figure. But then this was the only car of real interest, with factory competition history from 1954. A good buy I think.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an entry for LMC with this.

Good luck.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2997292)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Congratulations Rudolf

I travelled up to Buxton yesterday specifically to bid on the Kieft, so I was part of your competition at the auction. Over 4 hours each way and I went home with an empty trailer.

It was one of the few cars that exceeded the top estimate as most were falling short of the bottom figure. But then this was the only car of real interest, with factory competition history from 1954. A good buy I think.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an entry for LMC with this.

Good luck.

Brian
sorry for the inconvenience, I just had to....
I only travelled to the fax machine
(then had to call my secretary to explain it)

Personally, I thought the estimate was low on purpose and expected it to exceed that, especially compared to what a Lotus 11 fetches these days with the Kieft beeing so much rarer and invitable.

Rudolf
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2997222)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Well done Rudolf . . .an old friend of mine has a Kieft Scooter and has always harped on about their pedigree and how he'd love to have a car to go with it. Hopefully look forward to seeing it.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2998752)   #12
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg

We have 2 LMS threads now...
Jons and Peters
which one to use now ?

in "location" La Sarthe is missing an "e", pains me to see that and reflects badly on this great community

first selection meeting is this week
the the wait begins for the first published entry list

hoooooooope

Rudolf
Old 15 Dec 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2999999)   #13
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hoooooooope

Rudolf[/QUOTE]

Any idea when they usually release that first entry list?
Thanks
Old 15 Dec 2011, 10:52 (Ref:3000141)   #14
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post

hoooooooope

Rudolf
Any idea when they usually release that first entry list?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

It used to get published a few days after the 15th and every 15th in the months after.
Last time it took much longer, especially the 1st one in December, I remember waiting until after X-max and checking the website daily in a compulsive manner....

Usually the kind folks here publish a link within hours.
Watch this space

Rudolf
Old 12 Dec 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2998767)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nobody's perfect. I'll edit the location.

Use this one, I'll merge the other into it.

Edit made.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2998900)   #16
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nobody's perfect. I'll edit the location.

Use this one, I'll merge the other into it.

Edit made.

Thank You
I was only trying to be helpfull
its the anorak in me

Rudolf
Old 13 Dec 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2999186)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can all threads on this be merged?
Old 13 Dec 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2999192)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Done.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2999266)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thanks sir!
Old 15 Dec 2011, 11:35 (Ref:3000167)   #20
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will do - thanks.........
Old 15 Dec 2011, 12:10 (Ref:3000171)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It's a French time table and most of the cars in first batch will have submitted entries two months ago.

Expect French and CER/Tour Auto etc bods to be on first list and rest of us to follow.

Be months if you have a 911 unless its one usually accepted on Patrick Peter events.

Shakeout will not be until Feb/March.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 09:10 (Ref:3001784)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It's a French time table and most of the cars in first batch will have submitted entries two months ago.

Expect French and CER/Tour Auto etc bods to be on first list and rest of us to follow.

Be months if you have a 911 unless its one usually accepted on Patrick Peter events.

Shakeout will not be until Feb/March.
and somewhat ironically for an event that prides itself on authenticity it allows '65 2.0 911 entrants which is bizarre as that model never raced at Le Mans!!
Old 19 Dec 2011, 19:57 (Ref:3001977)   #23
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
and somewhat ironically for an event that prides itself on authenticity it allows '65 2.0 911 entrants which is bizarre as that model never raced at Le Mans!!

I a grid this size You will allways find some funny cars.
worth a mention in 2008 :

an LHD (!) Singer engined HRG 1500 in the pre war grid
quite apart from the fact, that a proper pre war HRG Le Mans entry should be of the Meadows engined variety, I strongly believe this to be a post war car, passed off as a pre war, the owners certainly made sure to keep the bonnet cover shut and the chassis plate hidden, I really tried to get a peek but never managed
Anyway, I dont see how one should be able to get an HTP for a left hooker that was never made and raced in period

a 1969 (!) Porsche 914, this is interesting, because it cant be a proper 6 cylinder car then, as 914-6 production only started in 1970

I am sure there are more.....

Rudolf
Old 20 Dec 2011, 07:14 (Ref:3002120)   #24
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only a Le Mans thing - I fondly do remember the Alfa 8C Monza at Ollon-Villars last year and this year at Montlhery - steering wheel on the left ! Lots of Alfa and Zagato badges + twin wheels. And never an open bonnet....did sound like 8cylinder inline, but more of the more US variety...
If organisers do believe anything (or want to believe - after all, it was the only "8C" at both events, does look good in the magazine reports....) - this happens.

Ralf
Old 20 Dec 2011, 07:25 (Ref:3002124)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I a grid this size You will allways find some funny cars.
worth a mention in 2008 :

an LHD (!) Singer engined HRG 1500 in the pre war grid
quite apart from the fact, that a proper pre war HRG Le Mans entry should be of the Meadows engined variety, I strongly believe this to be a post war car, passed off as a pre war, the owners certainly made sure to keep the bonnet cover shut and the chassis plate hidden, I really tried to get a peek but never managed
Anyway, I dont see how one should be able to get an HTP for a left hooker that was never made and raced in period

a 1969 (!) Porsche 914, this is interesting, because it cant be a proper 6 cylinder car then, as 914-6 production only started in 1970

I am sure there are more.....

Rudolf
Rudolf,the HRG has always had it's Singer engine,if you had asked to look under the bonnet,I'm sure you would have been made more than welcome.