Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 5 Jun 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1929403)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stolen - Aston Martin DB4 / DB4GT

I recently received the following message from our member, Robert Bailey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bailey
Hi John, a very good friend, about a month ago, lost via theft his DB4 GT replica. To view it, it was a perfect example, with 12 plug head, 2 x disties and shortend. So where could I place notice in the forum?
From the latest issue of AM News, I can add that Rob's friend is a member of the AMOC and that the car was stolen in Melbourne. The colour is in AM racing green, has chassis number DB4/180R and engine number 370975. Any Aston DB4 is valuable and this one having been uprated with that special head etc is no exception. Although there has been plenty of publicity both locally and internationally in the classic car movement and a car like this might be difficult to move on, the fear is that it could be broken up for its valuable parts, particularly that twin plug cylinder head. Anyone hearing of unusual transactions involving such items should contact the AMOC.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1929426)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard about this through some friends. It made the local papers due to the nature of the theft.
He was quite unlucky and I wish him luck having it recovered. Must be hard to get out of Australia.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2473908)   #3
wes_fran
Rookie

wes_fran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Bailey

Hi Robert am wondering whether you are the same Robert that raced in New Zealand Saloon Cars - Speedway Western springs Auckland back in the mid sixties
Old 2 Jun 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2473919)   #4
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes_fran View Post
Hi Robert am wondering whether you are the same Robert that raced in New Zealand Saloon Cars - Speedway Western springs Auckland back in the mid sixties
No ,raced Historics in Australia for 25 years.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2474497)   #5
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you recover the car safely Rob, if it is any consolation a year or two ago a GTHO Phase III in Perth was recovered untouched after the publicity made the thieves realise they would not be able to pass it on as it was to readily identifiable.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2474526)   #6
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I hope you recover the car safely Rob, if it is any consolation a year or two ago a GTHO Phase III in Perth was recovered untouched after the publicity made the thieves realise they would not be able to pass it on as it was to readily identifiable.
not my car,but a friends was recovered about 6 months ,undamaged sitting in a garage.Sounds like the same problem the thieves had with the HO.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2475298)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rob, that's truly excellent news that the car was recovered and undamaged too. Great result.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2475703)   #8
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Great forum John,well done to the owners and his side kicks.