Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Sep 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2753708)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Xbox wheel for rFactor - Help

Hey guys,

Got the 360 wireless pc device and hooked up my wheel no problems.

Where the huge problem lies is that it's constantly in reverse and accelerating, and no matter what I do, I cannot change it.

As you can imagine i'm at my wits end, please help a fellow desperate racer

Selby
Old 2 Sep 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2753719)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
This is so frustrating lol I've even managed to begin creating my own tracks, but they're no good using a keyboard. So i've bought this device, then couldn't install the driver because it was Win 7. Found it, installed it. But now this lol It's honestly just my luck...

I got my girlfriend staying tomorrow til Tuesday aswell, so this will be a bit out of bounds and I desperately desperately want to use it

Selby
Old 6 Sep 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2755239)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Guys, please... haha i'm so desperate now. I don't want to add this device to the list of products i've bought, havn't been able to operate properly, and therefore just left them to gather dust. This has so so much potential, I just need a bit of advice, and I know there's certainly alot of clever cats here as far as rFactor/wheels go.

Thanks again in advance

Selby
Old 6 Sep 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2755440)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does the wheel still work okay when connected to an Xbox 360?
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2755972)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeah it works fine. One thing to note is on the set up/configuration on rFactor, it shows that i'm pushing down on the middle pedal (despite having 2 pedals), so i'm not sure what's happening there.

Selby
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2755974)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The reason I asked is I've been trying to do some research on the net. I have found stuff talking about symptoms similar to the one you are having, but all those cases are to do with faulty wheels which have the issues all the time. Your problem only seems to be on PC.

As for the pedal indicator in Rfactor have you tried reassigning the throttle/brake axis?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2756094)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I'll try re-assigning it once again, definitely. Just seems really strange!!

Thanks for this initial help though, appreicated.

Selby
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2759656)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
This thread can be closed, guys.

Turns out that (from what I can gather..) there was interference with the signal when I was trying to program the wheel in. Something must have told it I was pressing down on the accelerator when I went to program in the button for 'reverse'.

Selby
Old 23 Aug 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3123300)   #9
ockerman4
Rookie

ockerman4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how did u get the wheel to show up in the game?