Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3109293)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That's just one of the re-branded ACO trucks carrying visitors to the circuit...
That truck alone has about twice the number of spectators that showed up to the ILMC rounds in China. Good to see the ACO is finally doing proper marketing in new markets.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3109296)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Entry list looks like a glorified ALMS race...P1 looks bleak and GT looks phenomenal. Fingers crossed we'll have some of the international entries, but won't hold my breath for three months.

Don't see how it'll be anywhere close to last year, but here's hoping I'll have a blast for the 12th year in row And hoping the torrential rain stays away.

Who's made those comments? I'll praise whomever comes to my backyard to race!
I kinda hope the elms cars turn up and make a good show. If they do I am confident a P2 car will win overall.

I also kind of hope they don't make the trip because this will be the first Petit I miss in 8 years!
Old 21 Jul 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3109302)   #28
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A P2 car almost won overall at Lime Rock, so it is certainly not out of the question a P2 car could win Petit.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3109308)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
That truck alone has about twice the number of spectators that showed up to the ILMC rounds in China. Good to see the ACO is finally doing proper marketing in new markets.
They're just preparing themselves for next year's season finale, the 6 hours of Nigeria sponsored by Lotus, proud partner of non-existing racing programs.

Interesting little discussion going on here:

Old 21 Jul 2012, 01:49 (Ref:3109320)   #30
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I like the sound of this . Road Atlanta sounds like it will be a blast this year .

Like to see some praise for the ACO for trying to do this , after all the negitive comments from across the pond before .
Yeah, this is very positive for the ALMS. Well done to the ACO, Patrick Peter and IMSA for sorting this out. I wonder how much money IMSA is committing to the travel package... (See people on the other side of the pond don't just attack the ACO, we attack people who do things WRONG! )

Chris
Old 21 Jul 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3109321)   #31
gregtummer
Veteran

IMSA should also offer to pay travel expenses for any WEC P1 cars.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3109365)   #32
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
IMSA should also offer to pay travel expenses for any WEC P1 cars.
Are we talking about the same IMSA? The one that has been firing people left and right over the last couple of years?
Old 21 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3109397)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting predicament for the ELMS teams. People who are saying they should go to the race to fight for the auto-entry...

Right now they are staring at 2013 with nowhere to race, unless they go to the WEC. So unless that championship changes its rules the auto entry isn't an issue for quite a few of them.

They would do it for the prestige of winning the race. It also raises issues in terms of sponsors, and what they paid for versus the exposure they get. Some might be happy to get that in the States, others less so. Who knows, but I don't think it's a given that teams will flock to America when they can barely be a*sed to hop over the Channel to Donington.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3109399)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post

Actually, Toyota has a very large potential market in areas of civil unrest.
Yeah , Ive noticed that for years . Anywhere there is a bunch of gun totting weirdos , their 90% of the time in Toyota's !!!
Old 21 Jul 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3109483)   #35
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Chiana list to start the thread. I'd like to the Deltawing and Porsche Hybrid V3.0 both running unclassified to the list of what I'd like to see.

Maybe even a "farewell" running of the Robertson's Ford GT in it's last race that's it's eligible for. Hey, I can hope and wish.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3109581)   #36
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Interesting predicament for the ELMS teams. People who are saying they should go to the race to fight for the auto-entry...

Right now they are staring at 2013 with nowhere to race, unless they go to the WEC. So unless that championship changes its rules the auto entry isn't an issue for quite a few of them.

They would do it for the prestige of winning the race. It also raises issues in terms of sponsors, and what they paid for versus the exposure they get. Some might be happy to get that in the States, others less so. Who knows, but I don't think it's a given that teams will flock to America when they can barely be a*sed to hop over the Channel to Donington.
I think you raise a really good point here.

Leaving aside the super rich entrants (and realistically, how many of them are there?) a lot of the sponsors in the ELMS are B2B organisations whose marketing budgets may well be devolved to regional structures - thus for, the sake of argument, while GAC are a global company, is their support for Greaves on the back of their central marketing operation or is it paid for out of their European budget, so would they necessarily be that happy at seeing it spent in the US?

I'm, in general, an optimist, so I see the addition of PLM to the ELMS schedule as a good thing, but a lot of it comes down to how much facilitation is put in place for the teams, and given the shambles that the ELMS has been so far, a degree of skepticism has to be there.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3109613)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Issue with European teams heading to PLM , is from a marketing point of view from their sponsors .

Ive been chatting with one such P2 team owner (LMS) , who very much doubts they will be going for that very reason .
Old 22 Jul 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3109614)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
but I don't think it's a given that teams will flock to America when they can barely be a*sed to hop over the Channel to Donington.
They entry did flock over for Donington ..... very few didnt bother to turn up .

Thats how sad the series has fallen too .

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Jul 2012 at 03:04.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3109618)   #39
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

Maybe even a "farewell" running of the Robertson's Ford GT in it's last race that's it's eligible for. Hey, I can hope and wish.
They are based right near the track aren't they?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3109727)   #40
gregtummer
Veteran

Also: In 2008, Peugeot set the all time lap record at Road Atlanta in Qualifying at a 1:06.2.

However, I have heard that in the morning warmup, Peugeot put a special nose on the car and ran a lap time in the 1:05s.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Last edited by gregtummer; 22 Jul 2012 at 13:01.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3109899)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
They are based right near the track aren't they?
Think you can see their shop from the hill behind the front straight. They did sound good running at the Mitty this spring, think both Andrea and David both ran since both cars were out on track.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3110549)   #42
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think you can see their shop from the hill behind the front straight.
Dick Barbour Racing moved to a new location close to Dempsey Racing's new shop. I'm not sure if it has a Flowery Branch or Oakwood address. Very nice shop and state of the art. The moved happened shortly after "The Mitty."
Old 24 Jul 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3110936)   #43
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Good story from Dagys.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-elms-link-up/
Old 24 Jul 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3110984)   #44
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I like Chiana list to start the thread. I'd like to the Deltawing and Porsche Hybrid V3.0 both running unclassified to the list of what I'd like to see.

The Deltawing coming stateside would be awesome. Last eligible race for the Robertson Ford GT's? I don't get it, they haven't competed at all in any of the 2012 season races..
Old 24 Jul 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3110988)   #45
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac K View Post
Last eligible race for the Robertson Ford GT's? I don't get it, they haven't competed at all in any of the 2012 season races..
What he means is that it is the last race before Doran Ford's homologation expires and it loses the eglibility to race as it is.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3111044)   #46
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What he means is that it is the last race before Doran Ford's homologation expires and it loses the eglibility to race as it is.
I thought so.. Just making sure. That would be awesome if they did come back, it was always a pleasure to see them race. Beautiful cars.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3111228)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

According to Dagys, Aston Martin is seriously considering a trip to RA. Probably the Fernandez one?
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3111260)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
According to Dagys, Aston Martin is seriously considering a trip to RA. Probably the Fernandez one?
That would be a great move by AMR in my opinion. The chance to compete against, Corvette, Viper, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, and Lotus - that would be a proper GT battle.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3111264)   #49
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has to be the Fernandez one, if the interest for racing at Petit comes from somewhere within the team, it will be from him first of all (and his sponsor).
Old 25 Jul 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3111421)   #50
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stab-in-the-dark entry list

P1 3 cars (maybe 4?)
1x Muscle Milk Team Pickett
2x Dyson Racing (I think they'll run both)
?1x OAK Racing (do they have a second P1 they can run while the WEC car is in China/Japan?)

P2 13 cars
1x Project Libra
1x Dempsey Racing
1x Conquest Endurance
2x Level 5 Motorsports (I think they run both if "The High Chief" Tucker is free)
1x Greaves Motorsport
1x Pecom Racing
1x Status GP
1x Murphy Prototypes
1x Sébastien Loeb Racing
1x OAK Racing (other P2 will be in Japan/China for WEC)
1x JOTA
1x TDS by Thiriet
(don't think Race Performance, the Norma, or Boutsen will take part)

GT/GTE Pro/GTE Am 19 cars
2x Corvette Racing
1x Team Falken Tire
1x AJR Lotus
2x Flying Lizard MS
1x Paul Miller Racing
2x BMW Team RLL
2x SRT Motorsports
2x Extreme Speed MS
1x Kessel Racing
1x JMW Motorsport
1x AF Corse
1x IMSA Performance
1x ProSpeed
1x Aston Martin Racing/Fernandez

PC 8 cars
2x Merchant Services (I think they find some payers to run both cars)
1x Rocketsports
1x Performance Tech (picks-and-chooses races)
1x Dempsey Racing
1x PR1/Mathiasen (new car since LRP, might have second car?)
2x CORE Autosport

GTC 8 cars
1x JDX Racing
1x Alex Job Racing
2x NGT Motorsports (picks-and-chooses, does the big races)
1x GMG
1x Green Hornet (Might be 2x, LeSaffre told me at LRP he was running 2 cars for rest of 2012, but so far only seen at LRP)
2x TRG (the regular car and I think Krohn leases the #68)

I think we're looking at a minimum in the mid-40's, could possibly max out at 53... because that's what the track can hold

Obviously all the entries will score points in their own series. But I think for the PLM automatic bids, they combine them into one big class.