Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Nov 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1155527)   #51
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, this is going to get interesting.....

If i was BMS, i would wait for the Aston Martin's, but then again,, if they are on pirelli's they may not be that good on the 550 or the DBR9. so maybe a switch to the Maserati (factory Pirelli shod) is a good idea...

why would Barron Connor switch to Maseratis? IMO, they have developed their 575's a lot, and have made big progress. they just need a little more time, and they can be as good as the front runners. Same with JMB...
Old 16 Nov 2004, 22:53 (Ref:1155529)   #52
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
7 MC12 . mamma mia .. this could be great for racing .
the only catch is that price tag, $920,00?!?!?! that seems quite hefty for for a car that won't compete for overall wins!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1155539)   #53
19dodge
Veteran

thats the price of 2 brand new Factory Saleens (The ones that DDO and Acmeo have!) thats a ripoff IMO., especially since the car wont be legal to run in FIA GT in 2006(unless Mazza comes up with a update kit that will shorten the car, and make it 2006 spec)
Old 16 Nov 2004, 23:07 (Ref:1155548)   #54
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
thats the price of 2 brand new Factory Saleens (The ones that DDO and Acmeo have!) thats a ripoff IMO., especially since the car wont be legal to run in FIA GT in 2006(unless Mazza comes up with a update kit that will shorten the car, and make it 2006 spec)
the cars that are to be built for next year are going to be the shorter, reprofiled car so it will be legal through 2006 for sure. oh and by the way, the deal includes an extra engine and an extra transmission, so maybe its a good deal
Old 16 Nov 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1155551)   #55
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
the only catch is that price tag, $920,00?!?!?! that seems quite hefty for for a car that won't compete for overall wins!
Well, it is eligible for overall wins in the FIA GT Championship and the ever-more-prestigious Spa-Francorchamps 24 Hours.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1155554)   #56
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Well, it is eligible for overall wins in the FIA GT Championship and the ever-more-prestigious Spa-Francorchamps 24 Hours.
that is true, good point! just seems like a lot of cash for a GT car, i would imagine that would be in the ballpark of what a R8 would cost
Old 17 Nov 2004, 00:22 (Ref:1155581)   #57
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many wins has Barron-Connor had in six races and JMB in eleven? One.
How many has Maserati had in four races? Two.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 00:47 (Ref:1155589)   #58
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but people dont want LMP's so much these days IMO. Sure there will always be a few die hard supporters of the category but the GT cars are much easier to run and are more reliable than the LMP's IMO, yeah sure the R8 spent less time in the pits than any other car etc I know that, but thats only because in recent years Prodrive, Corvette etc have sat there cars in the pits for the final half hour of the race normally as there is normally quite a margin from 1st to 2nd over 24hrs.

Oh and u say the Maserati wont be able to compete for overall wins, Im not so sure. Over a 24hr race like Le Mans its very possible, Im expecting a 3:45-3:47 time for GT1 pole next year, providing the regulations dont change, and although there has been rumors of changes I dont know about anyone else but Im pretty sure theres not been a official announcement yet from the ACO/FIA confirming this.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 01:43 (Ref:1155607)   #59
tblincoe
Veteran

GT1 still has a ways to go before they contest for overall wins... I agree that the GT1 cars are GENERALLY less costly to run than a LMP, but I think that a Courage-Elan for around 600,000 would be a more attractive option. The big factor in all this is the FIA GT series though, and with it expanding into a world championship, I don't blame teams for sticking with GT machines...
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1155975)   #60
19dodge
Veteran

NEWSFLASH!!

AUTOSPORT REPORTS THAT ab motorsports (Vitaphone) is in the final stages of aquiring 2 Maserati's for the FIA GT next year!!!

also, it has been confirmed that Walter Lechner JR and Alex Margaritis will share one Konrad Saleen next year in FIA GT. it looks as if though Konrad will continue in FIA GT with his Saleens, but Alzen and Bartels will switch to mazzas
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1155987)   #61
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
NEWSFLASH!!

AUTOSPORT REPORTS THAT ab motorsports (Vitaphone) is in the final stages of aquiring 2 Maserati's for the FIA GT next year!!!

also, it has been confirmed that Walter Lechner JR and Alex Margaritis will share one Konrad Saleen next year in FIA GT. it looks as if though Konrad will continue in FIA GT with his Saleens, but Alzen and Bartels will switch to mazzas
what the heck??? wow that shakes stuff up now doesn't it? what is Konrad going to do with 4 S7-R's now? the MC-12 sure would look good in the vitaphone livery though!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1156035)   #62
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
oh and by the way, the deal includes an extra engine and an extra transmission, so maybe its a good deal
Read the DSC report again, I think it sais that there's a additional price on those.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1156128)   #63
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bramzel
Read the DSC report again, I think it sais that there's a additional price on those.
dear god man you're right!!! so let me get this straight... thats $920,000 plus at least another $100,000 for a gearbox and engine! yikes...
Old 17 Nov 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1156203)   #64
19dodge
Veteran

ok some more updates (sorry i was on my way out of the house, when i found out the news about AB)

Basically, AB wants to get 2 Maserais to run in FIA GT. but the block right now is the money. Mr. Bartels stated that someone needs to buy their saleens(i didnt know they owned that chassis, wanst it on lease from konrad), and he said perhaps a collector!!?!?! I dont understand why franz wouldnt buy back chassis 002R. but anways..

BMS is close to coming to a deal to run 3 MC12's. Maserat wants 2 customer teams in the FIA GT next year, and BMS and AB were the top teams (8 out of 11 wins this year for both teams combined). Mr. Bartels said that the deal was almost done for them. The team would be run out of Jurgen Alzen's shop at the nurburgring(since their previous programme was run out of Konrads shops)

From what i get, konrad now owns either 2 or 3 saleens. (since the Vitaphone one was owned by AB).

Now, about the future of Konrad Motorsport:
Alex Margaritis and Walter Lechner Jr will share a car next year, in attempt to win the championship. Franz Konrad said that he felt that he let down Walter in the past year and 1/2, because of him sharing the car with pay drivers. this is very good news IMO!!

and also, Andres Zuber (sp?) (Euroseries f3 Driver) is Talking to Konrad about a ride for next season (in a 2nd konrad saleen for fia gt). so make that 3 Konrad saleens for FIA GT 2004 (2 Konrad, 1 Star Moto).

in other news, Bobby Rahal will run one Ferrari 550 in the ALMS + Le Mans next year. then in 2006, he will switch to aston martins.

finally, Stephane Ratel told autosport about new schedules for the future (for fia gt)
Imola is replacing Brno in May (for WTCC and FIA GT) and then Brno is replacing the Japan event that was supposed to take place for FIA GT (in september), ohh and also, There could be up to 6 "fly away races" in 2007 for FIA GT. it would then be known as World GT. ohh and there will be an Austrialian FIA GT round in 2006, possibly at Bathurst.!!!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1156209)   #65
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Now, about the future of Konrad Motorsport:
Alex Margaritis and Walter Lechner Jr will share a car next year, in attempt to win the championship. Franz Konrad said that he felt that he let down Walter in the past year and 1/2, because of him sharing the car with pay drivers. this is very good news IMO!!
That's fantastic news. That will probably be the team I'm cheering for next year then (though I don't know where my boss, Henrik Roos will drive yet, so that would be a option as well ).
Old 17 Nov 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1156216)   #66
19dodge
Veteran

yeah, BTW, congrats on the release of GTR. it is one hell of a game. i got it imported from germany. hehe... i have been hooked ever since!!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1156284)   #67
tblincoe
Veteran

thanks for all the updates dodge...

first off, how many saleens does AB own? i thought they were only leasing one from Konrad?

as for Zwaans, I've taken them off the list for now as I don't know if they will be back at all next year...

one thing that is not too bright in all this good news is the absence of GT2 announcements. it seems as though GT2 teams are generally choosing the LMES over FIA-GT which is pretty interesting...

i would also like to offer my congrats to Bramzel on the success of GTR, i don't have the game yet (i'm waiting for the international release) and i think its awesome that he is getting payed for doing something that dodge and i do for fun!!!

so this means the list needs to be updated:

GT1

3x BMS Scuderia Italia Maserati MC-12
2x GPC Giesse Squadra Corse Ferrari 575 GTC
3x JMB Racing Ferrari 575 GTC
2x Vitaphone Racing Team Maserati MC-12
2x AF Corse Maserati MC-12
2x Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7-R
1x Graham Nash Motorsport Saleen S7-R
1x Lister Cars Lister Storm
2x DAMS Ferrari 550 Maranello
1x Star Moto Saleen S7-R
1x Mastercar Ferrari 550

GT2

3x Freisinger Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
2x GPC Giesse Scuderia Corse Ferrari 360 GTC
1x Proton Competition 911 GT3-RSR
2x GruppeM Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
1x Vonka Racing Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
1x Cirtek Ferrari 360 GTC

Last edited by tblincoe; 17 Nov 2004 at 19:45.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1156287)   #68
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Dodge I think you've read the Autosport story wrongly (and i think they have messed up a bit - The AB quote refers to selling their cars (plural) the bracketed comment added by Autosport is Saleen S7R which implies more than one Saleen - I think that's wrong - I think the team are referring to the Saleen and to the 'Alien' porsche - BTW I thought the S7R was leased as well!

What is becoming very clear is that there are an awful lot of teams struggling to find the budget for some awfully expensive new cars - I think we're firmly in "Don't count your chickens" territory here!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1156433)   #69
19dodge
Veteran

yeah, i cant understand them having 2 saleens, unless Franz just sold them one in the past 2 weeks. (which would not make sense, if they already had plans to go to Maseratis).

you could very well be right with regards to them having to sell their turbo Porsche. I still believe that Konrad owns that saleen. and even if AB owned it, why wouldnt Franz want to buy it back? (instead of buying the RML ones?!)
Old 17 Nov 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1156445)   #70
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Saleens are owned by Franz Konrad. The AB crew are Konrad mechanics with support of mechanics from Jürgen Alzen Motorsport.
Currently their are a lot of rumours about the ring that they want to sell the "Turbinchen"-Porsche.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1156469)   #71
tblincoe
Veteran

frankly, i dunno where AB is gonna come up with 2 million dollars for a pair of MC-12s... maybe Vitaphone is really stepping up their commitment (which would be a good move IMO, the MC-12 is pretty much a guaranteed winner, and the FIA-GT schedule coupled with an entry at Le Mans would guarantee a level of exposure equal to just under a F1 season) i hope they get the cars, but I'm skeptical where they will get the funds from.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1156489)   #72
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:

2x DAMS Ferrari 550 Maranello
I tought DAMS is going to keep the Lamborghinis because Reiter promised some decent winter testing and development.

Last edited by gwyllion; 17 Nov 2004 at 22:28.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:33 (Ref:1156495)   #73
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by gwyllion
I tought DAMS is going to keep the Lamborghinis because Reiter promised some decent winter testing and development.
there is news though that DAMS is unhappy with the R-GT and they want to unload them for 550s or 575s... it will depend on what Reiter does in the off-season and whether the R-GT can make some substantial gains over the winter.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:38 (Ref:1156506)   #74
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:

BMS is close to coming to a deal to run 3 MC12's. Maserat wants 2 customer teams in the FIA GT next year, and BMS and AB were the top teams (8 out of 11 wins this year for both teams combined).
According lmsr.net BMS seems to think the Maseratis to expensive and they will just stick to the 550's.
Quote:
> Update from the BMS/Maserati 2005 campaign...Gabrielle Gardel says,
"Hi Michael, It is a hot period... The team don't know, The MC12 is to expensive and I think that they will go on with Ferrari 550 Prodrive to pass to Aston Martin for the end of the season. About me I would like to race in US with ALMS,a dream will be to race in NASCAR but I do not have any support... So probably I will drive again for BMS in 2005"
It all comes down to $$$$.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:56 (Ref:1156524)   #75
tblincoe
Veteran

don't blame 'em, the price would be a stumbling block for me too!!! we will know soon enough i guess!

wait a second, Gardel's dream is to race in NASCAR?!?!?!?! WHY IN HEAVEN's NAME WOULD HE TRADE A 550 FOR NASCAR? AHHHHHHHH