Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 May 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2885420)   #51
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know noone wants to hear about Danica, but we're possibly gonna see her much, much more....

Danica considering full time NASCAR in 2012: Danica Patrick and her management team are working on a plan that would bring her full-time to NASCAR in 2012, sources said Tuesday. Patrick hopes to finalize a deal soon that would have her race full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series next season. She would also race a few Sprint Cup events in 2012 before going full-time to Cup in 2013. The plan includes Patrick continuing to compete in the Indianapolis 500 next year. Which team she will race for and how the details will work out are still being finalized, sources said. GoDaddy.com, which sponsors her Indy car and the car she drives in the Nationwide Series, is expected to stay with her if she moves to NASCAR full-time. Her contracts with Andretti Autosport in the IndyCar Series and JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series end after this year. Patrick said last week at Indianapolis that she hasn't made any decisions about her future.(ESPN.com)(5-24-2011)
Old 24 May 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2885434)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I know noone wants to hear about Danica, but we're possibly gonna see her much, much more....
Your right and that is unfortunate for me.

Godaddy.

Bring on the DanicaFan threads!
Old 25 May 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2885530)   #53
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am honestly considering jumping ship to the IRL if this is true. I am sick of hearing and having to see her face on everything in racing she does. However, I'll more likely listen to the nearest MRN affiliate if it ever happens.

I am sorry, but I don't feel like dealing with the diva.

Also, Talking about Danica was not how I wanted to celebrate by 2000th post

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 25 May 2011 at 01:04.
Old 26 May 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2886441)   #54
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have trouble finding any defense for the Danica stuff now. The fact is, she hasn't translated into higher television ratings in the races she has run. She didn't get results in 2010, and that hype went away. I think the casual fan is tired of her, too. She caught their attention in 2005, and few things are going to hold that attention for six years, let alone a couple months.

And without higher TV ratings, the theory that Danica will increase interest in the sport, which will attract more sponsors to Nationwide, which will help small teams and young talents without funding compete, goes back to EuroDisney with all the other second-rate fantasies.

Which is a shame, to say the least. I love NASCAR, but I can't help but laugh thinking about when Labonte, Gordon, Stewart, Martin, Biffle, Reutimann, Kenseth, etc. hit retirement age around the same time and there's no one to replace them. You need Stenhouse, Allgaier, and Bayne to have some playmates out there. Santos, Pressley, Moffitt, Enfinger, whomever. The key to selling that is, to, well, sell them. Just because they aren't pre-existing stars doesn't mean they can't be. Have ESPN lost all motivation from the days when they made Jeff Gordon a household name?
Old 31 May 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2888507)   #55
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica Smanica - whatever...

Kenseth wins Charlotte - get rid of the Cup drivers!

Nationwide Points

Stenhouse Jnr ran well in the #21 at Charlotte Cup race - even tho he hit the wall. Lad can drive! Pity Bayne is out at the moment...
Old 25 Jun 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2905545)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
200 miler at Road America.

http://www.jayski.com/nationwide/201...s16ram2011.htm

I'll start an over/under on full course cautions...going with over six and at least 4 of them being unnecessary.

Pulling for Ron Fellows in this one, but would great to see Jackie V in victory lane as well. Mad Max has a good shot in this one with a full time team, but if I had too, I put my money on one of the NW regulars.

Carl Edwards running both Sonoma and RA races this weekend.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 07:21 (Ref:2905601)   #57
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Carl Edwards running both Sonoma and RA races this weekend.
not anymore, withdrawn from RA to concentrate on Sonoma after poor practice speed
Old 25 Jun 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2906011)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
GREEN FLAG in Wisconsin!
Old 25 Jun 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2906022)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
..and caution 1; Doug Harrington in the gravel at Canada. Debatable whether needed. 1/1

All leaders pit.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2906037)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caution 2. Conway in the gravel off turn 1.

2/2
Old 25 Jun 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2906045)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caution 3. Clements stopped on course.

3/2

Passed 1/2 way home.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2906052)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caution 4.

GWC ahead.

Going south in a hurry....is my prediction.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 00:39 (Ref:2906058)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some crazy racing in the g-w-c... Villeneuve, disgraceful move from a World champ, tho that was a lifetime ago!
2nd g-w-c incident was interesting - bashing, crashing, good to watch

Next re-start wil be just as interesting
Old 26 Jun 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2906065)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Well that was crazy...

Reed Sorenson is awarded the win after Allgiar runs out of fuel on the last lap under yellow on the 3rd GWC. Good for the kid from Peachtree City.

Fellows did what he could, but starting on the outside on the restarts is damn near impossible to do anything with it.

I think that was 6 cautions and 4 not really needed.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2906068)   #65
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Right decision in giving Sorenson the win over Fellows...
Old 26 Jun 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2906467)   #66
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Kamazake Jacques.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2936831)   #67
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Stenhouse Jnr wins at Iowa again - interesting finish...

Standings
Old 7 Aug 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2936868)   #68
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Crazy finish between Edwards and Stenhouse alright. Stenhouse did well.

I'm surprised Edwards didn't miss him. Edwards always finds himself in the middle of trouble somehow.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2938050)   #69
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Ambrose racing at the Glen?
Old 10 Aug 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2938188)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Doesn't look like it...
ENTRY LIST
Perhaps to concentrate on the Cup race?

However, Jimmie Johnson and Ron Fellows are entered. No one else should bother then, with the exception of Derricke Cope, of course.
Old 11 Aug 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2938316)   #71
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Perhaps to concentrate on the Cup race?
i reckon considering he has been "thereabouts" only in Cup, but never "there", that he will be trying the most for that elusive win, and putting all his concentration into it. if it all comes together, maybe give the NW race a run next year...
Old 11 Aug 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2938421)   #72
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Ambrose

I really don't understand this...

Is there some kind of cat and mouse going on here??

he must be at unbackable odds to win the Nationwide race but has withdrawn due to lack of sponsorship......? nahhh

Damn, i was looking forward to Sunday morning and have taken Monday off to hopefully see a backup performance..

The race miles alone in the NNS would be worth running irrespective of sponsorship to ensure he has the best opportunity for the main race..

Can someone fill me in? have i missed something?

Last edited by simon5574; 11 Aug 2011 at 10:10. Reason: biased Aussie
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2938440)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
^
I don't think it is a cat and mouse game or lack of sponsorship, I think he really wants that Cup win. And I am not sure you can learn THAT much at the Glen during a NW race that could transfer over to a Cup car these days. It would be different if there was new pavement on an existing track or a new circuit altogether.

And from the man himself:
Quote:
I really enjoy going to Watkins Glen, it's a track I've always run well at. I've won the last three NASCAR Nationwide Series races there and now it's time for me to get my first Cup Series win at The Glen. My Stanley team has worked really hard all season and we are all hungry for that first win. We need to get our momentum back and I think this weekend is going to turn our luck around. I'm feeling confident about the race and I think good things are to come.
from - marcosambrose.com
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2938445)   #74
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shame would of loved to seen him get four in a row, but yeah would be nicer to see a cup win
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2938446)   #75
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i hear ya..

and i'd like to believe that is the tactic, but these guys don't get a lot of practice turning right and track time usually goes a long way..

Infineon was a bit dissappointing in that Marcos drove well but it appeared he didn't have the car he thought he had.

He did minimal laps in every session and probably ended up leaving a bit on the table.

I hope the decision pays off because he's been unlucky not to jag a win thus far...

*fingers crossed!*