Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Nov 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2986622)   #1
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nascar Homestead Tv Coverage.

Free to air

Nascar Craftsman Trucks
Nascar Nationwide
Nascar Sprint

Clear the Sky+
Then watch the 3 races back to back, will just not have to read any stories about the weekend.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2986632)   #2
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What channel?
Old 15 Nov 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2986634)   #3
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
oops!

Premier tv
sky 433
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2986669)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good for the Brits!
Old 15 Nov 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2986772)   #5
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Premier Sports is £6.99 a month extra on top of the normal Sky packages and I can not see any free view for this weekend on their website
Old 15 Nov 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2986938)   #6
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal View Post
Premier Sports is £6.99 a month extra on top of the normal Sky packages and I can not see any free view for this weekend on their website
If you go Motorsport>Nascar>Viewing Updates on their site, it does say that all the races from the Season Finale weekend will be Free-To-Air. Homestead is the last race of the season, so......

I suppose the place to check will be on the Sky EPG - should be able to scroll that far forward now. The Sky+ iPhone App doesn't say either way, but have set to record just in case...
Old 20 Nov 2011, 06:58 (Ref:2989058)   #7
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
What part of free to air, means not free!
just played back the Nationwide race, the screen still showing the
"call your Broadcaster to upgrade your subscription to receive this channel" box.

looks like i will miss the main race on sunday night.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2989100)   #8
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by expaddockrunner View Post
"call your Broadcaster to upgrade your subscription to receive this channel" box.

Are you sure? The first minute or so had the message but that soon went and it gave me the whole camping world trucks race. Hopeful for the rest of the weekend.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2989102)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Not sure what your problem is as I watched it live and I do not subscribe.You even do not get as many ads as the Americans it seems.Unlike Sky they do not have a panel of 'experts' in the studio to discuss maters when ESPN is on an ad break.Premier Sports gives your pictures no comentry
Old 20 Nov 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2989181)   #10
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right im off to get some beers and cheer on my man Tony.
Go office depot 14!!
Old 20 Nov 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2989188)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First NASCAR Championship race Ive been excited about in years, hopefully Stewart can take his third championship under three different formats today.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2989189)   #12
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Not sure what your problem is as I watched it live and I do not subscribe.You even do not get as many ads as the Americans it seems.Unlike Sky they do not have a panel of 'experts' in the studio to discuss maters when ESPN is on an ad break.Premier Sports gives your pictures no comentry
You get NO ads whatsoever when we aren't joined by freeviewers! We get the best coverage of Sprint Cup races anywhere in the world, including the US!

The Cup race tonight is NOT FREE. You have to be a subscriber. I think the freeview Trucks and Busch was in order to increase interest / awareness of the channel ahead of tonight's main race.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2989196)   #13
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Are you sure? The first minute or so had the message but that soon went and it gave me the whole camping world trucks race. Hopeful for the rest of the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Thanks m1fcf, but i was half alseep when i checked the playback this morning, 12hr nightshift just finished!

Smartphone app. tunein radio had coverage, the last cover of laps sounded brillant.

i will try to record the race tonight.
have been to the meeting myself couple of yrs ago, so its nice to see the track/meeting from the tv point of view.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2989226)   #14
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post

The Cup race tonight is NOT FREE. You have to be a subscriber. I think the freeview Trucks and Busch was in order to increase interest / awareness of the channel ahead of tonight's main race.
According to Sky programme guide and the Premier Sports website it is with Pre Race at 7pm and the race start at 8pm.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2989292)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The Cup race tonight is NOT FREE.
Really? Strange as I seem to be sitting here watching it and I certaintly ain't no subscriber!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 00:05 (Ref:2989355)   #16
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
What a shambles. The first part of the race was fine right up to and including the hou and a half rain delay.

Free to view ended almost exactly five seconds after the cars moved off for the restart.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2989356)   #17
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Excellent. Honestly, I'm having to pay for it, so why should others get one of the events of the season free?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2989401)   #18
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet you didn't like to share your toys as a child either, did you ?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2989441)   #19
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
Sods law!

have got the race on tape, but due to the (sunshine state's) weather, the end of the race is missing.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2989489)   #20
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sods law!

have got the race on tape, but due to the (sunshine state's) weather, the end of the race is missing.
No,according to Sky EPG Freeview was due to end at 11pm GMT.next 90mins needed subscription.But for weather delay we would have got a lot more racing,then with a few laps to go told to subscribe if one wanted to see the finish! One of the worst scams I have seen-I gave up and retired to bed shortly before you.Will not be bothering with them next year.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2989505)   #21
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
That's pretty low. What a swizz! I wondered why i only had half the race recorded.

I would be interested to see what kind of ratings they pulled in the UK. I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Nationwide on Saturday. I just wish NASCAR was on FTV.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2989590)   #22
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe if it's worth watching it's worth paying for. I subscribed to Premier Sports at the outset, and I can't be bothered to cancel during the two months when there'll be no NASCAR coverage, so each race will have cost me the price of a pint. Admittedly they weren't all as interesting as the last one, and during the season I'm never home in time to watch them live, but still cheap at the price.

For that I've received the best coverage that the Cup series has ever had in the UK. Virtually uninterrupted race coverage, and most of the pre-race shows. Nothing missed due to previous programmes over-running, no annoying studio chat or voice-overs, and all rain delayed races shown live on the Monday or Tuesday. Despite the delays at Homestead they stayed with the coverage until the end of the championship presentation.

For the latter part of the season the subscription's also included unprecedented weekly coverage of BRISCA F1 and MASCAR, which alone has been worth the price.

I think the best course for anyone wanting cheap NASCAR coverage is to subscribe to Premier Sports and then flood them with positive feedback in the hope that they'll further expand their motorsports portfolio.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2989688)   #23
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent. Honestly, I'm having to pay for it, so why should others get one of the events of the season free?
That is an abominably selfish attitude.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2989727)   #24
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've enjoyed the coverage all season long and am happy to continue paying through the winter.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2989820)   #25
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Am not normally a fan of NASCAR but given it was free to air, thought I would give it a go. However after the way that Premier Sports handled the coverage then I am sorry but I won't be paying for it. I'll take my chances with Justin.tv