Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:16 (Ref:666113)   #1
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changes in Weekend Schedules for 2004

Picked up this article this morning, but no one seems to have posted yet.

http://www.gp2003.com/index.php?lang=uk

I have trouble with final qualifying - on empty tanks to boot - on Sunday mornings. Could be a trial balloon I guess.

:confused:
Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:26 (Ref:666116)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

They mention Bahrain but I thought it had been canned.

Never visited that site before. Do they have any accreditation?
Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:41 (Ref:666124)   #3
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Never visited that site before. Do they have any accreditation?
I first visited it yesterday when I went searching for some live timing alternatives to F1Live. It is produced by NTNZ which is domiciled in France in St. Quen. Other than that, I know from nothing.

Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:52 (Ref:666130)   #4
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see the season schedule being right. I doubt that Indianapolis would let them have the USGP that close to the 500, given all the work that has to be done to convert the circuit from a road course to an oval.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 12:00 (Ref:666137)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have trouble with that part about the "EMPTY TANKS".

Whoever wrote this wasn't very careful about their choice of words,. No fuel?
Old 20 Jul 2003, 14:28 (Ref:666242)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm,

They mention Bahrain but I thought it had been canned.

Was never 'canned' Merely a Minor glitch with local polititians. You might be thinking of the lengthy thread someone started here with that title?
The dates mentioned have been published elswhere.
As to running on EMPTY tanks,I wuuld be interested to see this-maybe the mechanics are going to push then round.!!

Last edited by Rob29; 20 Jul 2003 at 14:31.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 14:31 (Ref:666246)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How can they drive with empty fuel tanks? - maybe they plan to let the drivers push their cars round the track like Mansell at Dallas 84?
Old 20 Jul 2003, 15:29 (Ref:666306)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Empty fuel Tanks??? Next the FIA will tell the teams to run without wheels because Michelin have an advantage to Bridgestone and they want to balance the field.

I think F1 has been so exciting with the cars running on race fuel loads .It keeps us guessing who is on what strategy so I would keep with the current quly system .
Old 20 Jul 2003, 22:12 (Ref:666619)   #9
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know they are seriously talking about changing the US GP to May/June so Tthat it can be in close proximity to the Canadian GP and save two fly away races to North America areaish and save costs and that Indianapolis have been saying that they don't know if they can do it so close to the 500.