Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Apr 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2859034)   #476
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
More confirmation of the worst score drop in GTE: http://twitter.com/JotaSport/status/55191977989382144
Old 5 Apr 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2859157)   #477
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Zytek in the garage - big damage, was the tyre blow out cause or effect?
If you watch the start again, the Pecom car hits the rear right of the ASM Zytek. The cheesewedge was bent, and cut the tyre when it went green and Pla was pushing - as much a victim of the start as Porsche...

Ben
Old 5 Apr 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2859161)   #478
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
as much a victim of the start as Porsche...

Ben
Hardly !!!
Old 6 Apr 2011, 04:11 (Ref:2859468)   #479
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might be a shrewd move by Ferrari. They are running a brand new car, after all, and a DNF for each of their fleet during the year would hardly be unexpected. Knowing they've locked down an excellent points haul here , they find themselves in good stead with a get out of jail free card in their pocket.
Old 6 Apr 2011, 06:52 (Ref:2859481)   #480
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hardly !!!
Ok, they scored points. But 11 laps down when P2 overall was on is massively disappointing.

They are definitely bigger victims ifd this one dropped score plan materialises in GTE-PRO, because then Porsche are fine in a sporting sense (if not financially - #77 a write-off apparently)

Totally agree on LMS vs. ALMS in terms of atmosphere. As "events" ALMS races win hands down. I'm also not just saying that because of Sebring. Something like Lime Rock ALMS had more atmosphere than Ricard last weekend.

Ben
Old 6 Apr 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2859526)   #481
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont konw about the on track experience, but the tv presentation of ALMS vs LMS, is like a milion times better, I was glued to the monitor the whole 12h of sebring, and I was bored after a few min at paul ricard, I think it has to do with how the TV montage is done, it is simply unconected and incoherant!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 6 Apr 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2859611)   #482
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...that's because there were no Porsche's to keep your odium stimulated.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2859998)   #483
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watched the Motors coverage spread over a few nights and it really wasn't the most gripping package. Admittedly the race was not always thrilling, but the commentary team seemed to have trouble sounding excited, though Hindy did wake up when Bell was battling Fisi!

Seemed to me like things were exacerbated by not having a good TV image in the booth, because there were a lot of mis-IDs, and while I like Graham Tyler as a pitlane reporter I think I prefer Jeremy Shaw in the booth. A real RLM pit reporter would make a world of difference though.

Reading the DSC notes alongside improves the coverage; I know they were a big source of info for the commentary so you get that stuff and additional asides as well.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 05:34 (Ref:2860004)   #484
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I dont konw about the on track experience, but the tv presentation of ALMS vs LMS, is like a milion times better, I was glued to the monitor the whole 12h of sebring, and I was bored after a few min at paul ricard, I think it has to do with how the TV montage is done, it is simply unconected and incoherant!
That's most likely because you did not listen to the Stefan Heinrich / Manfred Jantke commentary
Seriously, both are some sort of german comentary dream team since the Indy 500 in 1992. If the race gets super boring, like Paul Ricard was at stages, Manfred Jantke usually saves it with his memories and experiences from Porsche sports car, Porsche Indy and Porsche Le Mans times of the 70s and 80s.
What really annoyed me was the blurry, way too small and unreadable timing screens and race position bar
Old 7 Apr 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2860164)   #485
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
What really annoyed me was the blurry, way too small and unreadable timing screens and race position bar
You should have seen the ones they were showing us at the circuit! Totally illegible.

After the dire coverage the LMS received last year, I'm just relieved that we're not only getting live coverage, but of the whole six hours as well. Truth be told, the Paul Ricard race wasn't exactly a firecracker anyway.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2860168)   #486
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
After the dire coverage the LMS received last year, I'm just relieved that we're not only getting live coverage, but of the whole six hours as well.
That's only the case with PR and Estoril. The rest of the rounds are shown on Eurosport, which means the usual s*itty 30 minutes from here and there.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2860188)   #487
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
More confirmation of the worst score drop in GTE: http://twitter.com/JotaSport/status/55191977989382144
Even more confirmation of the worst score drop in today's Autosport magazine.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2860220)   #488
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That's only the case with PR and Estoril. The rest of the rounds are shown on Eurosport, which means the usual s*itty 30 minutes from here and there.
Did not realise it was only two races, shame despite the poor graphics. I suppose as the season goes on there will be moto-cross or whatever it is called to screen, ah well, thankful for small mercies
Old 7 Apr 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2860245)   #489
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Watching a compressed version of the video feed I thought the graphics were rubbish - interesting to hear that wasn't only an artifact of my cross-pond nature. Some of the labels were just useless - Fisi and Bell dicing for GTE-Pro lead and the label reads 'Battle for 12th'. True, but kind of misses the import nonetheless!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2860450)   #490
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Watching a compressed version of the video feed I thought the graphics were rubbish - interesting to hear that wasn't only an artifact of my cross-pond nature. Some of the labels were just useless - Fisi and Bell dicing for GTE-Pro lead and the label reads 'Battle for 12th'. True, but kind of misses the import nonetheless!
Again that "battle for 12th" comment just confirms that even in the corridors of power, or perhaps the corridors of the TV feed, the GT cars are viewed as grid fillers wheras the Speed TV people see each class as race of their own. No doubt that graphic is put together by a technician with inadequate briefing.

On another point, excellent sequence of pictures of the start chaos on DSC, the first car sideways was a Porsche and after that they just eliminated each other so far as I can see
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2860499)   #491
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
So I guess this is a bit of context for those still b****ing about ALMS TV/video coverage. Non-ALMS ILMC races get pretty much none at all from Spa onwards. But lots of horse-volleyball-on-ice and turdthrowing on Eurosport during ILMC races though.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2860662)   #492
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Yeah, those shots of the start were a lot more revealing than anything on the telly; the Ferraris (beyond 71) were really really lucky to not be involved in the mess.

I agree about the whinging being a little lame in light of the lack of ILMC coverage, and I am thankful I have something to whine about. Just would love to see the best product for whatever meagre impact that will have on the ACO's future ILMC telecast decisions!
Old 12 Apr 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2862398)   #493
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
PHOTOS!!!!

here you can find article with more than 100 photos about the event:
http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSe...telet_eng.html