Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: #1 LMP1 Team Fandom of your choice?
Porsche Team 15 19.48%
Audi Sport Team Joest 18 23.38%
Toyota Racing 19 24.68%
Rebellion Racing 8 10.39%
ByKolles Racing Team 3 3.90%
*No strict favorite for me* 14 18.18%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3635483)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink Fanboys/girls of which P1 team?

It's usually clear which LMP1 team the posters here at Ten Tenths support the most, even to the stage where you can sense clear rose glassed fandom at times (nothing wrong with that though!), but just for the fun of it, you can tell your personal allegiance here in public If you have one in the first place, of course!
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3635484)   #2
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be ByKolles, have to love an underdog.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3635485)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Got to be ByKolles, have to love an underdog.
Nice, and nice for them too as I had feared them to receive 0% share in the poll.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3635488)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
You should've made "Anyone but Audi" an option... though Porsche are quickly becoming the over-dog these days, so my sympathies are shifting towards Toyota.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3635491)   #5
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Audi and any team who design cool looking, creative cars.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3635492)   #6
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Really depends on the visual appeal of the cars from year to year. I like Audi when they have a good looking car like they did in 2011 - 2013 and 2015. But their 2014 and 2016 versions are hideous.

Porsche is fine but there paint scheme this year really stinks. I have never found the Toyota an appealing car ever. Rebellion is fine but that car is essentially an Oreca 04.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3635493)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Audi and any team who design cool looking, creative cars.
That's Toyota and Porsche as well then!

Well in the family we have one of each of the main manufacturers. I have personal or professional connections to all too. I don't own a Rebellion or, er, CLM, but happy for the privateer to do well.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3635500)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Always had a soft spot for rebellion since the pit visit many years ago so they get my vote even thought i have my little toyota now and should vvote for them
Old 21 Apr 2016, 19:54 (Ref:3635504)   #9
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Audi. Statistically unsurprising in the mid 2000's, they won the first 3 races I attended. Truth in 24 was my go to background noise in college when it came out.

I try to keep it down and not let fanboi emotions control me, but I always smile when they win, and I appreciate when they're given a strong fight and don't steam roll the race.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3635510)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Fanboys/girls of which P1 team?

Porsche are my P1 team mainly because of 'our Mark Webber'. Go get em Pottsie!

I'm also love both our P1 privateers. Aussies love an underdog and I'm no exception.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3635515)   #11
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche in LMP1, Rebellion I have always had a soft spot for! Jota LMP2 and now Ford in GT !

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Apr 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3635520)   #12
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota in the WEC and Mazda in IMSA. I don't like the term 'team fanboy', because I'm a fan of lmp1 in general. Even when Toyota wasn't there I watched and rooted for Aston Martin and sometimes Peugeot. Mainly support Toyota because they were the cars that lasted and of course I desired growing up (MRS, Supra) along with the Mazda (RX7).
Old 22 Apr 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3635599)   #13
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche through and through. Dad started having Porsche's before I was born and had many throughout his life and so I grew up with a much more "important" big brother in the household.
Dad competed in hill climbs and rallies (always with a Porsche) and so as far back as I can remember, I have always been a Porsche and in particular a Porsche Motorsport fan.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 07:23 (Ref:3635605)   #14
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, my ID tells all the story.😉 Probably the best outfit ever in Le Mans history? Not sure if there's any team that can beat Joest's devotion to sportscar.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Apr 2016, 08:03 (Ref:3635613)   #15
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Well, my ID tells all the story.😉 Probably the best outfit ever in Le Mans history? Not sure if there's any team that can beat Joest's devotion to sportscar.

"Right on, he's a Porsche guy then" was my first thought, then I remembered... they have been running the Audi team for the last 20 years or so...
Old 22 Apr 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3635616)   #16
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Well, my ID tells all the story.�� Probably the best outfit ever in Le Mans history? Not sure if there's any team that can beat Joest's devotion to sportscar.

This one is for you: Joest won 6h of Dijon 22 April 1979
Old 22 Apr 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3635641)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Audi. But my very very close second is Porsche and Rebellion.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3635656)   #18
turboguy
Rookie

turboguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you cut me open it says PORSCHE inside. I used to work as a race engineer and have engineered porsches to podiums and victories in all the major endurance races and all the major championships in europe and the usa. Now I tend to support the turbo cars at the sharp end - and of course porsche regardless if they win or lose.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3635685)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With respect to various marques, I identify first with Porsche then Honda. So I am fan of the current Porsche effort. I like endurance racing and between the prototypes, GT cars and those two marques I have always found someone to cheer for. I also enjoy the history of Porsche, mid-engine cars and have been doing a resto-mod (slowly) on a Porsche 914 over a number of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
If you cut me open it says PORSCHE inside.
Haha, that is a good one! I can appreciate that.

Richard
Old 22 Apr 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3635708)   #20
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fan of German engineering in general. Audi comes first, then Porsche. I hated Peugeot and have no sympathy for Toyota.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3635715)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
You should've made "Anyone but Audi" an option... though Porsche are quickly becoming the over-dog these days, so my sympathies are shifting towards Toyota.
100% agree
Old 22 Apr 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3635733)   #22
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just love the entire category. The cars we're seeing right now are, in my opinion, the most spectacular modern racing cars. F1 just look like toy cars next to these spaceships.

I love the underdogs too, but I wish they'd get a bit more competitive. Some more privateers would be very welcome too.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3635766)   #23
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
I'm fan of German engineering in general. Audi comes first, then Porsche. I hated Peugeot and have no sympathy for Toyota.
But Toyota's program is in Cologne, Germany employing German('s) for engineering
Old 22 Apr 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3635772)   #24
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have loved Le Mans as far as I can remember. I can remember seeing the traditional Le Mans start on tv in black & white on my parents 19 inch tv screen. And the porsche 917 win ... However, being Danish, I am a huge TK fan and as such ending up being an Audi fan. Last year, I had decided to skip Audi, but once I was there at the circuit de la Sarthe, it felt wrong to be anything but an Audi fan. But I am not a fan of the Lotterer crew and I don't see the Duval crew as a winning team, even though I have huge respect for the speed of Duval. Remember him in the Oreca Peugeot? So this year, I had decide to cheer for the Toyotas. But 2 weeks ago I bought an Audi A6, and can you go to Le Mans in an Audi and hope for a Toyota win? Haven't decided yet
Old 22 Apr 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3635774)   #25
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I just love the entire category. The cars we're seeing right now are, in my opinion, the most spectacular modern racing cars. F1 just look like toy cars next to these spaceships.

I love the underdogs too, but I wish they'd get a bit more competitive. Some more privateers would be very welcome too.

I've always had an affinity towards Porsche, but love the whole category too. I started following motorsport seriously, when the 917's came along, but have always loved the innovation and passion that all the manufacturers and teams have brought to the table over the years.
I know we've had Audi overload over the last decade or so, but I hold them in the highest regard too. Watching them in action, has been poetry in motion.
The category in general, is in great condition atm.
Even Peugeot were great to watch. They played the bad guys, well.