Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Should Supercar bring new races in Asia to the Virgin series?
Yes 24 44.44%
No 29 53.70%
I don't understand the question 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Jun 2016, 02:02 (Ref:3649742)   #26
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At one stage weren't V8SC investigating a South African round?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 04:40 (Ref:3649762)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
How long? Don't know - allegedly Colonel Sanders got over 1,000 "no" responses before he got a "yes". Ultimately, if they can make it stack up and start to work then good on them, if they can't then they can't.
Colonel Sanders wasnt spending other people's money for each and every one of the 1,000 attempts
Old 15 Jun 2016, 05:37 (Ref:3649782)   #28
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Colonel Sanders wasnt spending other people's money for each and every one of the 1,000 attempts
Neither were VASC.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 06:52 (Ref:3649805)   #29
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Come on, that's irrelevant (even if correct - do you know that for a fact?) the point I'm making is about perseverance, nothing whatsoever about who's paying for what.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3650361)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Neither were VASC.
Who was paying for the event in China, Texas, Bahrain, Dubai, Malaysia, Sydney, Canberra etc?

Keen to hear some examples of V8SC backing themselves to enter the international market that is so important and lucrative for them?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3650790)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
At one stage weren't V8SC investigating a South African round?
Porsche is rebuilding Kyalami, so that would be a great choice.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3651019)   #32
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Didnt V8SC blow up extensively about supporting F1 at Abu Dhabi and only getting 12 lap races?
IIRC they wanted a full championship round and normal length races and F1 said Nah.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3651140)   #33
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which was interesting considering there was absolutely nothing else going on the track besides F1 and V8's micro races, slotted in bizarre throwaway places.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 05:10 (Ref:3651175)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
IIRC they wanted a full championship round and normal length races and F1 said Nah.
And obviously Abu Dhabi fronting the money for both championships didnt seem to mind either
Old 10 Jul 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3657902)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
KL, Bali & Thailand On The Menu For 2017
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jul 2016, 00:08 (Ref:3658204)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

With the previous troubles in the Asian market it will be interesting to see how this plays out
Old 11 Jul 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3658211)   #37
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Buriram will draw a crowd.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 05:03 (Ref:3658227)   #38
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Buriram will draw a crowd.
A lot will depend on the event entry pricing, but if it goes ahead I will be there.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3658261)   #39
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"A lot of the Asian communities have a huge passion for motorsport and we are confident of being a very strong proposition for them, not only with motorsport but tourism."

I've been living in Asia for 4 years and haven't seen much evidence of this. Maybe it's just China which is behind the curve and SEA is barking mad for motorsport... but I doubt it.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3658417)   #40
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
"A lot of the Asian communities have a huge passion for motorsport and we are confident of being a very strong proposition for them, not only with motorsport but tourism."

I've been living in Asia for 4 years and haven't seen much evidence of this. Maybe it's just China which is behind the curve and SEA is barking mad for motorsport... but I doubt it.
V8SC wouldn't embellish something to try and get a deal over the line would they Langers. I mean something like that would never happen in a place like Homebush, Canberra or China
Old 12 Jul 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3658438)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
V8SC wouldn't embellish something to try and get a deal over the line would they Langers. I mean something like that would never happen in a place like Homebush, Canberra or China
Do you have anything nice to say about anything?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jul 2016, 02:22 (Ref:3658449)   #42
D.R.T.
Veteran

Is there anything incorrect or something you would like to challenge in regards to the post?
Old 12 Jul 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3658459)   #43
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post

Many Thais love motorsport. I have attended quite a few local meetings at the Bira Circuit in Chonburi (about an hour outside Bangkok) and have been to watch the bike racing at Buriram.

They get a decent crowd at Buriram and the only thing stopping more locals attending is the ticket prices. Unfortunately the excellent Buriram circuit is located in one of the poorest regions of the country and a fair distance from Bangkok. About a 5 or 6 hour bus ride from memory.

On the other hand a V8 race in Buriram would be held to attract foreign tourists (and expats) to the region. The local government have been keen to attract tourism over the last few years promoting various events at the race circuit, national parks and the many Khmer Empire ruins in the region.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3658510)   #44
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there anything incorrect or something you would like to challenge in regards to the post?
You answer a question with another question that doesn't answer the original question. Why don't you surprise us one day and say something positive about this category. As I've said before, it must be sad sad world to live in if you hang out in forum threads of a subject that you obviously hate.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3658622)   #45
D.R.T.
Veteran

I would ask if this post remains on topic and within the forum rules? Will throw that to the moderators for review and action.

Can we get back to the discussion rather than personal jibes?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3658764)   #46
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I would ask if this post remains on topic and within the forum rules? Will throw that to the moderators for review and action.

Can we get back to the discussion rather than personal jibes?
Funny that this is the third thread in very recent history where you have trolled and reported posts, involving 3 different people.

Perhaps the mods should look at that.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 06:34 (Ref:3658768)   #47
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Funny that this is the third thread in very recent history where you have trolled and reported posts, involving 3 different people.

Perhaps the mods should look at that.
I'm sure DRT can stick up for himself but seeing as he cops it abit, to be fair to DRT, having a different opinion to other people is not "trolling", and his posts are not off topic, nor does he attack the poster (as far as i have seen anyway), yet there is definite attacking of the poster in return.

It is pretty disgraceful that there seems to be an attitude from the same three or four posters in this forum, particularly towards one member, that if you don't support the agenda (ie...post glowing praise about V8SC all the time) then you should clear off.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 06:49 (Ref:3658769)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
It is pretty disgraceful that there seems to be an attitude from the same three or four posters in this forum, particularly towards one member, that if you don't support the agenda (ie...post glowing praise about V8SC all the time) then you should clear off.
The common element is obvious, he is absolutely trolling. Demands answers from other people but refuses to answer questions he is asked, obfuscates, diverts and demands attention from mods...

"in my opinion"
Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3658785)   #49
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I'm sure DRT can stick up for himself but seeing as he cops it abit, to be fair to DRT, having a different opinion to other people is not "trolling", and his posts are not off topic, nor does he attack the poster (as far as i have seen anyway), yet there is definite attacking of the poster in return.

One member continually finds a negative about any V8 Supercar related thread. That right there is a Troll.
Im guessing the majority of the posters on here can handle criticism of the category (me included) but when it consistently comes from one person day in day out, it gets tiring.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 10:36 (Ref:3658796)   #50
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is about time that some of you did your zips up because you are really dribbling a lot-you even make Pecky sound like a saint (and that is something I didn't believe was possible).
Let's keep the discussion friendly, concise and most importantly salient-remember this is a forum where we are able to,within obvious parameters, express our views.

I consider Supercars to be just another catagory of racing and whilst it does not sit top of my list of likes I acknowledge that others do.

I love motor SPORT in general and have been fortunate to have lived and officiated through all the guises of touring cars since the early 60s and hope that you all can agree to disagree on certain things and just be thankful that we are able to enjoy a wide variety of motor sport.

Last edited by old fart; 14 Jul 2016 at 10:37. Reason: Brain fade and typo due to old age