Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Jul 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3661521)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 hockenhiem races 2016

GP2 in Germany this weekend for the last race before a summer break and will we see carange at the hairpin?
Old 27 Jul 2016, 22:49 (Ref:3661544)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Or even carnage?
Old 28 Jul 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3661618)   #3
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Binder is returning (again). This time at Carlin to replace Canamasas for the weekend.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3662391)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I'm not sure how you can penalise Giovanazzi for a turn 1 move, but not penalise Rowland for all the moves he did throughout the race. There were clear cases of double-move blocks, and that move on the straight he did on I think it was Gasly near the end or Ghiotto where he just jinked right suddenly, I guess to give the other driver a fright and back out of it, which they did. Very, very aggressive driving.

Gio should have been more patient with him.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3662729)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Rowland fighting a strong rearguard action with finished tyres and in a team that has no right to be where he is putting it!

Great defensive driving today for as long as he could to try and keep his title hopes alive.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3663083)   #6
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Well, I'm not sure how you can penalise Giovanazzi for a turn 1 move, but not penalise Rowland for all the moves he did throughout the race. There were clear cases of double-move blocks, and that move on the straight he did on I think it was Gasly near the end or Ghiotto where he just jinked right suddenly
That kind of driving rarely gets penalties in European feeder series, just the way the FIA and others have chosen to operate. Unfortunately this rule of the jungle type stuff leads to situations like ADAC F4 and Euro F3 last year, with drivers being inches from serious injury...

In fact, De Jong (in-race collision at Spa) and Amberg were injured last year in GP2.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3663126)   #7
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On another note, nice to see Pic getting up to speed over the last couple of rounds, I have always thought he was considerably above average, he needs to have a strong second half to the season though.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 08:27 (Ref:3663195)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
how many seasons has pic been driving 3.5 or gp2?
Old 3 Aug 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3663272)   #9
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
how many seasons has pic been driving 3.5 or gp2?
This is his 3rd season in gp2, not sure if he had two or three seasons in 3.5 off the top of my head, I have a feeling it was three though. He has been around a while at this level that is for certain.
Old 4 Aug 2016, 05:58 (Ref:3663384)   #10
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with the criticisms of Rowland's driving. He was far too aggressive. The jink he did coming out of the hairpin reminded me of the jink Canamasas did in Spain a few years ago that everyone was up in arms about
Old 8 Aug 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3664300)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Agree with the criticisms of Rowland's driving. He was far too aggressive. The jink he did coming out of the hairpin reminded me of the jink Canamasas did in Spain a few years ago that everyone was up in arms about
Borderline at the most I'm my view. Hard but fair. With the silly tyre regs the series runs to these days it is no surprise that drivers feel that they have to defend vigorously.

It must be sooo frustrating for a quality driver (I don't mean just Olly!) in amongst so many average pilots to have done such a great job only to feel it slipping away towards the end of a race.

Good training for F1 though I guess.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3664309)   #12
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Say what you want about the tyre regs, but it's what they have in F1 and as you say this series is to train drivers up for F1.

Olly didn't do a good job at all of managing tyres in Hockenheim in either race. That's why he was vulnerable at the end. No doubt he's one of the quickest drivers on the grid, but I'd have to question if he's one of the smartest.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 07:36 (Ref:3665699)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Say what you want about the tyre regs, but it's what they have in F1 and as you say this series is to train drivers up for F1.

Olly didn't do a good job at all of managing tyres in Hockenheim in either race. That's why he was vulnerable at the end. No doubt he's one of the quickest drivers on the grid, but I'd have to question if he's one of the smartest.
To do what he's doing with MP suggests he's smart enough.

I really do believe the tyre deg is a red herring as far as judging the drivers is concerned. It just doesn't paint an accurate picture of the true abilities of the field and maybe hasn't done for a while.