Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Oct 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3580952)   #26
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
What configuration are the Audis and Porsches in at this stage? Anyone know?
It's very difficult to know this stuff because FPs are not broadcasted and the media/photographers' coverage is almost none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Free practice has started and theyre in the 1:24's already with Lotterer. Looks likely theyll be doing 1:22's in qualifying.That 1:24 is only 6 seconds off the fastest F1 lap at Fuji.
IIRC, that was your initial prediction for pole, right?

I was actually surprised by how slow the cars were at CotA. At Spa, they improved 5s and despite a damp/green track at Silverstone, they still improved 3s there.

It's worth noting that, on Nurburgring, the fastest time came on FP3 instead of QLF and that, at CotA, the FP3/QLF times were roughly the same. So, maybe the pole time won't be better than the 1:23s Porsche already did on FP3(Toyota, btw, is currently 1.5s faster than 2014 pole)
Old 10 Oct 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3580987)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Fp3 times were closer for Toyota to Audi, but still nearly 2 seconds back. Rain might help them with their 4wk (4 wheel kers) but not much imo. I thought 24's would be @bout where they ended up because thats 2 seconds faster than last year but Fuji isnt very long in lap time terms.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 04:59 (Ref:3580991)   #28
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any live stream for qualifying?
Old 10 Oct 2015, 05:05 (Ref:3580993)   #29
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
Any live stream for qualifying?
r/WEC on Reddit stopped streaming, so there won't be that anymore.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 05:08 (Ref:3580994)   #30
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is always the official stream...
Old 10 Oct 2015, 05:15 (Ref:3580995)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
There goes a 1:22(.8)!
Old 10 Oct 2015, 05:17 (Ref:3580996)   #32
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
r/WEC on Reddit stopped streaming, so there won't be that anymore.
Thanks. Radio Le Mans is off too? I'm not seeing any live commentary at the moment.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3580998)   #33
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I thought 24's would be @bout where they ended up because thats 2 seconds faster than last year but Fuji isnt very long in lap time terms.
Toyota that is 2s faster(well, 1.7s around Fuji).

VAG cars improved 4s around here and this is on par with the improvement on Spa, if you correct for the laptime(Fuji with with 70% of Spa's laptime, and 70% of 5s is 3.5s). Overall, #17 had a 0.3s advantage over the other Porsche and Audis which are all matched

Given how close QLF was, Fuji could be epic like Silverstone and Spa. I hope that happens, CotA and Nurb were nothing special.

The fastest ever F1 laptime on Fuji was 1.17.3(Massa's Q2) on 2008. As far as I could check, the fastest ever Fuji SuperGT laptime was done this year by #1 Nissan : 1.27.5

A 10s gap between the two series around Fuji and LMP1 lies exactly on the middle

It would be so fantastic to see by how much they would improve on 2016(ACO should do nothing) considering Audi is still halfway in the ERS and already this fast.

Last edited by Artur; 10 Oct 2015 at 05:54.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3581006)   #34
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Audi were faster than I thought they would be. Yet another front row lock out by Porsche, but barely. If Audi have good race pace and are better on their tires than Porsche, I'd be a bit worried if I were Porsche right now.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3581023)   #35
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fuji Qually times

Last years pole time for Toyota was 1.26.88...one year on it's 1.25.07...in F1 terms that would be considered a 'BIG step' forward ! But what to make of Porsches 1.22.76 !!!

One can only hope that Toyota bosses will be bowing in shame at their ancient normally asperated old ex F1 V8 engine as the outdated dinosaur that it is, and RUN back to their factory and get on with a MODERN 'power-unit' with Turbo's!
Old 10 Oct 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3581026)   #36
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Last years pole time for Toyota was 1.26.88...one year on it's 1.25.07...in F1 terms that would be considered a 'BIG step' forward ! But what to make of Porsches 1.22.76 !!!

One can only hope that Toyota bosses will be bowing in shame at their ancient normally asperated old ex F1 V8 engine as the outdated dinosaur that it is, and RUN back to their factory and get on with a MODERN 'power-unit' with Turbo's!
I hope you are joking about the engine part. It is the area in which they are closest to the VAG cars. It's the chassis + aero, and the hybrid system that are really lacking. This year they did no changes to the engine (the same "ancient" V8 was spanking the "modern" V4 in the Porsche just a year ago), and barely touched the aero and the hybrid system. Probably most of the time they gained was from the better tires this year.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3581035)   #37
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Labre has lost it's GTE-Am pole, due to a fuel cell violation.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...ll-infraction/
Old 10 Oct 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3581061)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Labre has lost it's GTE-Am pole, due to a fuel cell violation.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...ll-infraction/
Sorry if a strange thing to be caught out on during a short qualifying period.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3581064)   #39
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sorry if a strange thing to be caught out on during a short qualifying period.
Surprising it wasn't picked up earlier in the season during a pre race scrutineering considering its a pretty fundamental safety part.

Find it very hard to get motivated about the season post Le Mans, dont really care about the actual championship results.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3581067)   #40
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Find it very hard to get motivated about the season post Le Mans, dont really care about the actual championship results.
I must admit I'm also struggling a bit to get excited about the post-Le Mans races this year too.
This weekend, I've made Bathurst 1000 my priority.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3581071)   #41
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Surprising it wasn't picked up earlier in the season during a pre race scrutineering considering its a pretty fundamental safety part.
Off DSC:

"On further investigation the part found to be outside the regulations is a valve designed to prevent fuel flowing back if the car becomes inverted. The part fitted is a standard fit to all three existing C7.Rs and has been on the #50 car all season. It differs in two principal ways to the alternative. Firstly one part operated a return block under gravity, the other (the FIA Approved part) is spring loaded. The Corvette standard fit part is not FIA stamped."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...the-poles.html
Old 10 Oct 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3581074)   #42
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I must admit I'm also struggling a bit to get excited about the post-Le Mans races this year too.
This weekend, I've made the Super League Grand Final my priority.
LEEDS RHINOS!!!

Just about to head out actually, but I should be back nice and early for the 3:00am start of the race

I get what you mean though, and I don't think having all the end-of-season races in Asia helps in that regard. If Audi have found their missing pace then it should be a race worth watching anyway.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3581095)   #43
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
LEEDS RHINOS!!!

Just about to head out actually, but I should be back nice and early for the 3:00am start of the race
Nah, the Widnes Vikings aren't involved so I'm not bothered about that either

Enjoy your evening though mate! And yeah, make sure you're back in time
Old 10 Oct 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3581132)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quoted for truth

4th season in row
Old 10 Oct 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3581138)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Quoted for truth

4th season in row
Yes, we know already.

Personally I'm looking forward to see if mr Webber can finally clinch a world championship.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3581139)   #46
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
This weekend, I've made Bathurst 1000 my priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
LEEDS RHINOS!!!

I get what you mean though, and I don't think having all the end-of-season races in Asia helps in that regard. If Audi have found their missing pace then it should be a race worth watching anyway.
MLB National league division series for me.
Go Cardinals!

I still love Lemans and sportscar racing, but for various reasons the WEC just hasn't captured my interest like the American Lemans series did.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3581149)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Yes, we know already.

Personally I'm looking forward to see if mr Webber can finally clinch a world championship.
Yes I do believe I have repeated it as many times as you have discussed the supeority of DHH's driving skills () however I merely wanted to add to the crowd.

I don't think anyone really took notice of Davidson's and Buemi's WCs last year , not even in F1 circles, so even if Mark were to take it it'd be more of personal merit me thinks

I'm not sure why drivers need a champ, ILMC didn't have one
Old 10 Oct 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3581152)   #48
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although i said i wasn't that interested in the race i was interested enough to check the weather forecast. Good chance of a wet start and some rain during the early afternoon but shouldn't be too bad like 2013.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3581168)   #49
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes I do believe I have repeated it as many times as you have discussed the supeority of DHH's driving skills () however I merely wanted to add to the crowd.

I don't think anyone really took notice of Davidson's and Buemi's WCs last year , not even in F1 circles, so even if Mark were to take it it'd be more of personal merit me thinks

I'm not sure why drivers need a champ, ILMC didn't have one
Probably because the British media were more focused on the British F1 champion. F1 dominates the headlines, everyone knows that. But the WEC will get stronger next year. I think the focus needed to be put on races after Le Mans is to make them unique like having varying lengths. But the wec doesnt seemingly understand that.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3581174)   #50
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Race looks like it will be mostly dry, though damp at the start.