Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Oct 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3683078)   #51
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A sea view Marcus?

Nice.

Not something you would be at all likely to match in any way in Northampton or Coventry.

I very glad to read your remarkably positive report, all things being considered.

Slightly worried about your ankle op tomorrow though. Here in the UK today is only Wednesday so tomorrow will not be Friday (unless the order of days has been changed and I missed it).

Does time pass more quickly in Monaco? Or are the pain killers (presumed) especially relaxing?

Anyway, whenever it is I trust it goes well and you are able to head home early next week.

Meanwhile you may as well take the opportunity to enjoy that sea view ....
Old 26 Oct 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3683090)   #52
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I remember Marcus being the very first driver I strapped into a race car with a HANS many many years ago. AFAIK he has worn it in every race car he has driven.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3683097)   #53
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I remember Marcus being the very first driver I strapped into a race car with a HANS many many years ago. AFAIK he has worn it in every race car he has driven.
Blimey! It must have been tight.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 16:54 (Ref:3683098)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
A sea view Marcus?

Nice.
No, he said Monaco.

Glad to hear you are on the mend Marcus. Also good to know the hans worked.

Good lesson for all of us no matter what make one chooses. Wear it.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3683109)   #55
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you are recovering in comfort and style Marcus!
Hopefully you will go for a lightweight pin, don't want any excesses in the weight department for next year!
A bummer to aquaplane off, apparently you were not the first to hit standing water on this section of track, others have visited the ARMCO before.
Also you secured your championship position on Saturday in the Historic F3.(3rd?)
I guess if you are going to have a big one, the last race of the season is not bad timing!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3683146)   #56
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The operation on the ankle is on Friday. For Silverstone I took the Hybrid as it will fit the Tecno where the belts would not suite a HANS (the shoulder straps are too far apart) and the March. In fact it will fit any car with a harness, so I use it also in the M1B. It has fittings for HANS posts on the helmet. One way or the other it is to be recommended. My problem was that there is nothing supporting the lower back which is between the HANS and the lap belts. I coud feel my lower spine moving forward in the impact and then snapping back... ouch. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Spectator for dealing with my hire car!