Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3756629)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Copenhagen Historic GP

I'm on the ferry do another Delta trip has begun . I will keep you posted but I am looking forward to this new adventure. No customers to run so just me in the F J race .
Old 1 Aug 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3756733)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just at German border and managed to miss all the concrete boulders this time. Another hour driving then beer o clock .
Old 1 Aug 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3756734)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds fun-first I have heard of this event-where in Copenhagen is it being held?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3756746)   #4
Everilda
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Everilda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See here

http://www.chgp.dk/?lang=en
Old 1 Aug 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3756758)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Spoke too soon . Stated off from Border at Venlo and water temp shot up. Hole in radiator parked up in Straelen . There is a truck garage and they open at 7 am . Fingers crossed . We have time on our hands . I am going up to Puttgarden and have ferry booked but guess I can book a later crossing . 😀Keep smiling
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3756790)   #6
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 cans of Bars Leaks. Kept me going for a month once!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3756841)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're in Straelen? Fingers crossed they can fix it. Westphalia is not an option.

...I'll get me coat...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3756845)   #8
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look forward to seeing you in Copenhagen! Will arrive Thursday afternoon.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3756852)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everilda View Post
Thanks for that link Keith-amazing detail-why has there been little publicity of this event in UK?
Old 2 Aug 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3756875)   #10
Everilda
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Everilda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See here for results and live timing (not tested the live timing yet)

http://www.raceresult.dk/

My interest is in Ulrik Weiss in the historic 65 event running in a TVR Griffith.

Keith
Old 2 Aug 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3756876)   #11
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Iain.
If anyone can get it fixed you can!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3756915)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yeaaaaaaa
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3756923)   #13
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, Iain's back on his way again.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3756930)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Apparently, Iain's back on his way again.
I gathered..... That was probably typed and sent while boarding the ferry!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3756934)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Meat

Still got 100 miles to ferry Mike . We should make the one I booked at Puttgarden. I got under truck this morning found three holes in rad caused by foreign object on road then flicked up and broke viscous coupling blade that went through the rad . Squashed up split rails and with two eggs three bottles of bars leak and a whole packet of chewing gum "used". We are going well . Fingers crossed and looking forward to catching up with all my F J friends . Hope next post will be when we arrive at Copenhagen.��
Old 2 Aug 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3756980)   #16
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chewing gum in the rad… "Bubble" will make a picture!
I think you can be seen on Utub' while fixing your gearbox rails at the Classic.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3756988)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
On Utub' clic Fettling Silverstone Classic 2017 the go to min 2'30.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3756991)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmm that's. Not good I was getting stressed changing gears and the main shaft . The new reverse gear was 1 mm wider than original . I could not get my head around it . Then having an audience of spectators some of which were experts on Hewland gear boxes . Anyway just stopped 50 mikes from Copenhagen for the night . The locals all seem miserable
Old 2 Aug 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3757003)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You look very calm on the video.
May be you're in Jutland right now. If there's a country in Europ where good food can be found, Denmark is the one! Not cheap though. You could find kwossonts I guess and French wine.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3757014)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good news Gerard . That was Ian one of my mechanics and yes he is much calmer than me . That video is from Sunday morning we had all the stress Friday morning . Many thanks anyway I'm sure it will make Ian's day when I show it to him
Old 2 Aug 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3757031)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
50 Mikes from Copenhagen?

Mike Bell
Mike Harte

Struggling now...

Good to see proper repairs still working rather than replacement. Have a great weekend. Look up my friend Nikolaj Mortensen who is running the Sixty Fivers race. Started off as an MG Midget racer of course.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3757044)   #22
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Iain one step ahead as usual. We caught 19.15 from Dover yesterday and overnighted just east of Brussels. Lost 6th gear outside Bremen today - Fiat workshop estimate 3+ days to fix so we carrying on with just 5. Now on campsite near Danish border and have polished off spag bol and a good red. ETA Copenhagen 13.00
Old 2 Aug 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3757051)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey what a tale of woe from you two. And you haven't even started racing yet! Stay safe and hope you all get back OK.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 3 Aug 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3757166)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yipeeeeee. And it's lashing down . What joy
Old 3 Aug 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3757180)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yipeeeeee. And it's lashing down . What joy
Well done. What with Silystone rain last w/end, you should be well prepared for Nurburgring next...

Maybe Italy would have been better choice. Or perhaps not- 42 degrees C......