Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Aug 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1988355)   #201
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnifferUK
Only issue I'm missing now is the French only 1986 yearbook....

Have there been any 'special' 75th anniversary books yet ?
Not as such, although isn't it the 75th running rather than the 75th Anniversary. Last year saw the publication of a two volume 100th Anniversary of the ACO book (available in English and French). The vast majority covering the 24 hours, plus motorcycles, trucks and the early Grand Prixs.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 12:32 (Ref:2025664)   #202
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Any more news on this year?
My car has been in for a service today anyway while I was waiting I read through this months Motor Sport and there was an advert for it in there. It said due October.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:56 (Ref:2038075)   #203
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Isn't everyone missing an English edition for 1993?

Nope

ISBN 0-9512840-6-1.

Translated by Daphne Jones and Simon Knight.

Cost me a bomb a few years ago.

NB: ISBN references supplied cos there was a bit of aggro' once about French / English editions
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2038302)   #204
iucrmh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
Nope

ISBN 0-9512840-6-1.

Translated by Daphne Jones and Simon Knight.

Cost me a bomb a few years ago.

NB: ISBN references supplied cos there was a bit of aggro' once about French / English editions
Maybe 1993 is in short supply since there seemed to be a glut of 1992 editions at one time, i.e. smaller print run. Though, not as small as 1994 which was French only (I think we can all agree on that one ;-) ).
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:02 (Ref:2038321)   #205
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Ah, that's the one then. I keep forgetting which one never got issued.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2076089)   #206
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2007 is in the shops now. Good as ever, but with a photo montage for the cover illustration for the second year running.

Is it just me who prefers to see a single, bold image on the dustwrapper to remember the race by?

Usual format otherwise though. £35 as per usual, English/French editions to taste. Collectors Carbooks has already had my money!
Old 29 Nov 2007, 18:25 (Ref:2078109)   #207
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the heads up, Tim. Do I remember correctly that I will be getting a copy from the ACO as part of my 'Collector' membership? I'm pretty sure I do, but then it may have been the DVD?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2078612)   #208
iucrmh
Racer

Craig, as a collector member you should be getting both the Annual and the DVD, along with results, winners photo, etc.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 21:49 (Ref:2079031)   #209
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got my copy in the post today. Not had a good look yet, but first flick through looks promising.

There's a good picture of Ian Bickerton giving a comedy thumbs up in the Creation team photo.

Also, a shot of Dave Richards chatting with Paul Drayson in the Aston pit, a scene to be repeated in 2008?
Old 17 Dec 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2090636)   #210
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Do you recall if it was shipped via UPS? I have had a delivery notification email from UPS and can't think of anything that would be heading my way other than a parcel from France
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2091327)   #211
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Answer: Yes it is. The origin has shown up in the tracking system as Le Mans. The problem is that it seems to have been lost in Paris somewhere. Urgh!!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2091334)   #212
iucrmh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Answer: Yes it is. The origin has shown up in the tracking system as Le Mans. The problem is that it seems to have been lost in Paris somewhere. Urgh!!
Must be sitting next to mine then, that is where mine is as of last night. Nice Xmas present to myself, if it arrives by then of course!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2091379)   #213
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
They're probably on strike!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2091986)   #214
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well the tracking system is still showing them as being in Paris but they were here for me when I got home from work. Fantastic collection of really collectable stuff, fantastically presented. I've not had a proper look yet but it's a serious cool item and I'm very pleased with it. I've never seen these on sale on eBay and I can see why. No one is gonna want to let these things go!
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:18 (Ref:2095424)   #215
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is the LMS yearbook already released?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2095719)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Well the tracking system is still showing them as being in Paris but they were here for me when I got home from work. Fantastic collection of really collectable stuff, fantastically presented. I've not had a proper look yet but it's a serious cool item and I'm very pleased with it. I've never seen these on sale on eBay and I can see why. No one is gonna want to let these things go!

Aside from the yearbook and DVD Craig, what else did you get in that collection? I'm just an 'ordinary' member, so got the liste des engagees, programme, results and photo. I quite fancy upgrading this year, provided its really worth it?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 23:28 (Ref:2096000)   #217
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Aside from the yearbook and DVD Craig, what else did you get in that collection? I'm just an 'ordinary' member, so got the liste des engagees, programme, results and photo. I quite fancy upgrading this year, provided its really worth it?
You get the yearbook annual and event sticker, plus a CD of photos taken throughout the event that isn't available to the public, and the case all the items are stored in. I've been a collector member for the past 4 years, and appreciate the difference. Everyone is different, but I feel happy to pay the extra for all this. And if you spend the money to buy the annual and DVD anyway, then you end up saving money.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 01:26 (Ref:2096018)   #218
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yeah, what he said
Old 1 Jan 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2097640)   #219
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gotcha!
Old 11 Jan 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2104448)   #220
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I finally got my hands on the 2007 version at the Autosport show and I have only had chance to have a quick look through. It looks as good as ever.

I'm also looking to start collecting back issue's of the annual and I picked up a copy of the 1999 version but I soon but it back when I saw the price £75....
Old 12 Jan 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2104617)   #221
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That '99 book had my grubby fingerprints on it too, I'd rather not pay > £50 for a single issue (still looking for 97, 98 and 99 to complete the set from years I have attended).

Which reminds me, I haven't checked abebooks.co.uk for a while...
Old 12 Jan 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2104621)   #222
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I finally got my hands on the 2007 version at the Autosport show and I have only had chance to have a quick look through. It looks as good as ever.

I'm also looking to start collecting back issue's of the annual and I picked up a copy of the 1999 version but I soon but it back when I saw the price £75....
What do you expect to pay for back issues? I think you need to be realistic if you intend to source back issues.

85,93 and 94 (french versions -85 and 94 only in French) all on Ebay pre Xmas going for £140 average. A couple of years ago I acquired 93 (English version) and it cost way more than this. But it completed the set so happy pay it.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2715174)   #223
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Any suggestions - other than eBay - for a good way to sell my collection of LM annuals?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2715181)   #224
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Just reading back through this thread, we never did get to the bottom of the 1982 &c English versions...am I safe to assume that it was a poster mistake and they were referring to Autocourse or Autosport supplements?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2715189)   #225
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
For the information of anyone interested this is what I have and am thinking of selling:

1949-73, 1978 (no dust jacket), 1979 (three 30mm tears to dust jacket), 1982 (french), 1984, 1985 (french), 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 (small tear to spine of dustjacket), 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

All is immaculate condition with just a few minor imperfections as indicated.