Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2513101)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow those cars are sweet.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2513106)   #27
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Wow those cars are sweet.
they are a bit like the Formula Nissan cars which ran on the ETCC/FIA-GT double header races back then
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2513108)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lancaster coming under increasing pressure from Baguette - big effort at the end of the main straight there from Bertrand.

Pic all over Moreau for 3rd, but having just been rebuffed, Alguarsuari is right on his tail!

Molina just spun out of 6th, I think?

Cracking circuit actually isn't it?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2513111)   #29
Andy77
Veteran

Molina threw it away but with some space to other cars he now posted FL somewhere at the tail end.
Lancaster does a great job in defending position against Baguette. The circuit is great!

Algersuari !!! really good move
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2513112)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
This is one of the best races in the series for an awfully long time!

Pic got Moreau, who just repassed halfway round the lap, and then Pic got done by Jaime!!

What started as a great lap ended up being a really bad one for Charles!

Alguersuari's gone upto 3rd!!!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2513115)   #31
Andy77
Veteran

Clos' car suffers tire puncture
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2513117)   #32
Andy77
Veteran

parking lot in the hairpin. Safety Car!!
great final ahead of us now with 4 to 5 drivers up to the win
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2513118)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Uh oh,

Di Sabatino spun then Turvey and Move collected, all stopped blocking the track, ANOTHER SC!!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2513120)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quick work by the marshall's there!! Great stuff.

Justice for Clos there I think, really was a brainless move on the first corner!

Let's see if Baguette can do Lancaster off the restart this time round?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2513122)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

A tremendous race!!!

So many moves and attempted moves it's hard to keep up!!

Moreau fancies a shot at Jaime it seems, correction Pic's just got past GuilLaume end of the straight!

Pentus looks like the main mover now? nope, Molina's just done him!

Oh dear, Barba's launched himself over someone?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2513125)   #36
Andy77
Veteran

Great run to the flag by Lancaster while Algersuari oversleeps the restart. A pretty good race on a pretty good circuit I must say
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2513127)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Great win for Lancaster there!!

Top, top race all round!

Fauzy upto 8th!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2513128)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that was a race, well done.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2513135)   #39
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Cracking circuit actually isn't it?
Quite.

Portimao Algarve...eh?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2513178)   #40
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone notice podium blunder? British national anthem played-ENGLISH flag displayed...
Also hardly a single spectator visible in this desert.Guess with no free Renault tickets they all preferred the beach?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2513182)   #41
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
And a do-over today?

Saturday 1st August

16:25 17:12 Formula Renault 3.5 Race 2 44' + 1 lap'

Time is it in Portugal?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2513219)   #42
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Old news already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_lqi4I3nvc
Old 1 Aug 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2513604)   #43
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats going on with Martinez? His season has turned to poo...
Old 2 Aug 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2514129)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Well I viewed the highlights at 11pm last night?

Not quite as good a race as the first but not far off!! Reminded me of a good quality GP2 event, one of those when everyone goes for it (usually 3 or 4 of those a season!!!)

Jaime Alguersuari started from pole and other than a brief moment when Charles Pic threatened off the re-start, was a convincing winner.

The main action came behind as far as I could tell, Oliver Turvey seemed to struggle a bit, Van Der Drift avoided being rammed by his teammate, and Martinez retired?

Dani Clos was desperate to impress once again, having solidly held down 5th/6th all race he blew it after the final SC period and in a defensive move clobbered the unfortunate Fauzy on the uphill left hander (T3?) who once again had come through from lower down the order.

Now I can't remember why the SC came out so late in the race (we're talking last few seconds of alotted time plus 1 lap, late!)

Anyone recall who caused it and any of the other key moments?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2514586)   #45
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I'd for sure watch it again Chunterer, if there was a replay out there somewhere.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2514901)   #46
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
I'd for sure watch it again Chunterer, if there was a replay out there somewhere.
Estimated 1GB. If you have a quick line we could try and give it a go. Prob is, that it is part of the lms coverage (2 GB) and that you may not like german commentary at all.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 18 Aug 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2523501)   #47
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got to see the races, to say that attendance was poor is an understatement... Also as much as impressive Algarve is, it still seems like it's half finished.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2523882)   #48
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These WSbR meetings are lessons for organizers, if you can bring over 100k through the gates, why you have to bother selling tickets for just 2k?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2525020)   #49
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Just got to see the races, to say that attendance was poor is an understatement... Also as much as impressive Algarve is, it still seems like it's half finished.
With WSR occupying the step below GP2 but-one position now, GP3 must be its replacement next year, surely. And...that's a different thread.

Where did you see the races GFP would they be available to the less fortunate somewhere?

No Donington, but it did look like they'd just put that sod down. More races in Algarve please.