Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Mar 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2855254)   #1
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring Car Masters

I noticed that this great Australian historic racing series http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/index.html isn't on the calendar. Can anyone add stuff there or does it have to be approved first? The first round has been run but the rest of the series rounds are:

Rnd 2. BARBAGALLO, WA
April 29 - May 1

Rnd 3. HIDDEN VALLEY, NT
June 17-19

Rnd 4. Eastern Creek, NSW (Muscle Car Masters)
September 3-4

Rnd 5. Bathurst 1000, NSW
October 6-9

Rnd 6. Gold Coast, QLD
October 21-23

Rnd 7. Sandown, VIC
November 18-20

Rnd 8. Homebush, NSW
December 2-4
Old 29 Mar 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2855292)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll do it later this week.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2855346)   #3
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please, for the love of god, DO NOT put TCM in the Historic section. They are old cars that have been rebuilt and modernised, and in some cases, are 'recreations' of cars that may not have even existed in period...there is a reason they run a Sports Sedan logbook and cannot compete in any Historic event.

(Personal bugbear, thanks for humouring me )
Old 29 Mar 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2855363)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite possibly similar to some classes of the UK's CTCRC so from that PoV not a problem.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2855369)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TCM is definately NOT a historic series.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2855373)   #6
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Hehe, just ask a Group A/C competitor....

and run for the hills like buggery
Old 30 Mar 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2856047)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Add me to that school of thought. The only thing vaguely historic about them is the body silhouette.
Old 30 Mar 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2856136)   #8
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh boo hoo, a friend of mine races a car in the series and the only modernised bits in it are the safety equipment and the electricals/electronics in the cockpit. The engine and gearbox have some new internal parts in them because the car is being raced not driven to the shops, and it has modern shocks on the suspension for the same reason - everything else is original