Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2005 Marlboro Masters of F3?
Lewis Hamilton 28 52.83%
Adrian Sutil 2 3.77%
Marko Asmer 2 3.77%
Mike Conway 2 3.77%
James Rossiter 10 18.87%
Loic Duval 0 0%
Alvaro Parente 3 5.66%
Lucas Di Grassi 1 1.89%
Giedo van der Garde 0 0%
another driver 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jun 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1326457)   #76
moggie
Rookie

moggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fair few of the BF3 guys did not finish.... is that a suprise?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1326475)   #77
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i said before that british f3 wouldnt make a dent at the masters this year. asmer proved me wrong but really euro f3 with all the money, kumho tyres, track knowledge and mercedes will always do the business
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1326737)   #78
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
well i said before that british f3 wouldnt make a dent at the masters this year. asmer proved me wrong but really euro f3 with all the money, kumho tyres, track knowledge and mercedes will always do the business
The Kumho tyres are different from any other around. They are developed for the Masters only, so no advantage there. And what do you mean with 'track knowledge'?

I think the difference was made by the Mercedes engines, so at least we agree on one thing.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 05:21 (Ref:1327020)   #79
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap
The Kumho tyres are different from any other around. They are developed for the Masters only, so no advantage there. And what do you mean with 'track knowledge'?

I think the difference was made by the Mercedes engines, so at least we agree on one thing.
well i know about the tyres. but i think it was roly vincini that said last eyar that they did not get suffiecient testing with the tyres. obviously this goes for everyone but i would like to think that it would be easier for the euro guys to get to know it better, no matter how small an advantage it would give if any. again, the british teams will know the track as they come there every year for the masters. but suppose the euro teams come there twice every year. again, a pretty small advantage but an advantage.

these are just nitpicking though. its teams like asm and engines like mercedes just make it a fight for third (or in this case 5th). the euroseries has bigger teams and this year also has better drivers. this year british f3 has little in the ways of bankable driving talent compared to last season british f3 where the driving lineup was better than the euroseries. that made last years masters a bit more interesting because although asm still managed to take 2 good but not great drivers to 1-2, the british f3 guys made it 5-5 in the top ten. so the lack of any decent competition at the front made it boring as it was just a miss-match. i hope next year the rebadged masters is a bit more equal and therefore interesting.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 06:11 (Ref:1327039)   #80
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
asm still managed to take 2 good but not great drivers to 1-2,
I am in agreement with racingdad in disagreeing with you on this point. clearly, Lewis Hamilton is very, very good - by far and away the class act, and as racingdad has pointed out, he has somehow managed to be a consistent winner ever since he first started karting - even before he was talent spotted.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 06:14 (Ref:1327040)   #81
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
for some reason there are a small number of people who clearly know better than the management of either McLaren (who first spotted and nurtured Hamilton's potential) and Mercedes (who are his main backers). makes you wonder.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 06:56 (Ref:1327051)   #82
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoutsider
I am in agreement with racingdad in disagreeing with you on this point. clearly, Lewis Hamilton is very, very good - by far and away the class act, and as racingdad has pointed out, he has somehow managed to be a consistent winner ever since he first started karting - even before he was talent spotted.
you missunderstood that post. the 2 good but not great drivers i was reffering to was premat and salignon. if you have seen my posts regarding lewis you will know i hold him in very high regard.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1327575)   #83
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, at least Lewis seemed to be happy with the company he had on the podium

Old 14 Jun 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1327991)   #84
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you missunderstood that post. the 2 good but not great drivers i was reffering to was premat and salignon. if you have seen my posts regarding lewis you will know i hold him in very high regard.
Ah sorry. I clearly did take the wrong inference
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1328775)   #85
jackaroo
Rookie

jackaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top racing drivers these days are being produced. It is the way the business has progressed( No longer sport ). If you get any young child (either gender) and give them the right opportunities and direction along the way they are very likely to succeed. Lewis Hamilton is the first of these kids which an F1 team has taken on. I have heard that The Hamilton's have a family relationship tie within Mclaren. Any one know more about this?
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1329669)   #86
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look through the old other threads because this has been discussed who-knows-how-many-times and it'd be great if it didn't start up in another thread again because frankly it's getting rather boring!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1329904)   #87
jackaroo
Rookie

jackaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is all the talk about who is great and whio is not. Motor racing is about entertainment for the general public. From the competitor side it is just about ego!!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1330213)   #88
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well if you don't like all the talk on the forum about who's great and who's not....don't log on!