Cadwell Park could host F3 and GT's

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...ail/story.html

Old 12 Apr 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3057957)   #2
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have to look at the plans when they're made public, but it could spoil the nature of the circuit!
Old 12 Apr 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3057978)   #3
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Louth Leader had a bit about planning permission for a technology park ages ago, just can't remember what year it was published.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3057997)   #4
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was an article in the target last year about a tech park.

Bye bye cadwell park, the mini nurburgring that we all know and love. :'(
Old 12 Apr 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3058063)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In some ways I am in two minds about this; another more developed venue would probably be quite good for the sport in general, but possibly at expense of Cadwell's uniqueness, for I can't help feeling that the circuit's topography may mean that some corners could not be altered (e.g. the Gooseneck, the Mountain, Hall Bends, etc). Hopefully, there is room for both to be accommodated in the form of the existing circuit, but perhaps with a link from Chris Curve to the Hairpin (containing a new pits area), which should cut out most of the corners where space may be a problem.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3058089)   #6
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
In some ways I am in two minds about this; another more developed venue would probably be quite good for the sport in general, but possibly at expense of Cadwell's uniqueness, for I can't help feeling that the circuit's topography may mean that some corners could not be altered (e.g. the Gooseneck, the Mountain, Hall Bends, etc). Hopefully, there is room for both to be accommodated in the form of the existing circuit, but perhaps with a link from Chris Curve to the Hairpin (containing a new pits area), which should cut out most of the corners where space may be a problem.
This is true - but skipping gooseneck through to the hairpin would lose a lot of cadwell character.

Until they release plans or possible circuit maps i guess we'll have t wait!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3058215)   #7
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate93 View Post
This is true - but skipping gooseneck through to the hairpin would lose a lot of cadwell character.

Until they release plans or possible circuit maps i guess we'll have t wait!
I'm not reading the article again, but didn't they just say they were going to widen it where 'necessary' ?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3058216)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
I'm not reading the article again, but didn't they just say they were going to widen it where 'necessary' ?
That'll be all the way round then! Shall only start to panic when I see the "real" details...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3058231)   #9
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting......

F3 (Historic and Classic) are racing at Cadwell as part of HSCC's Wolds Trophy meeting on 21/22 April. No GTs yet though....

Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3058255)   #10
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote from the article

"Cadwell Park could become one of the country's most impressive race circuits"

muppets... it allready is!

i've nothing against them adding to the infastructure e.g. new pits etc, but the track should be left as it is, the same sounding idea (e.g. business park etc) was put forward for Snetterton and that never happenend

Whats this fascination with changing tracks purely for one visit by a championship per year? Its like knocking down your house and rebuilding it to benefit your gran who comes to stay once in a blue moon.

There was an article in Motorsport magazine re the possible change at Graham Hil Bend Brands Hatch, and again thats primarily being looked at to aid overtaking in high downforce and speed stuff like DTM, F2, that visit once a year, for the vast majority of racing the circuits are fine as they are.

If the best corners are retained then i guess thats some concelation, like Snetterton e.g. Riches, Esses, Bombhole, Coram (sort of) all still there. Bridge corner at Silverstone is one classic corner thats now not able to be used for racing.

Yes im probably doing the Meldrew this year!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3058289)   #11
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Correct, thats what the article. Was quoting from what the post above mine said. Probably best to avoid speculation and play the waiting game.

Was talking about it last night - and the general consensus between the few of us was, if done properly it could be awesome, bringing in GT/F3 and events like Britcar etc and do wonders for lincolnshire/motorsport in lincolnshire.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3058379)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
Its like knocking down your house and rebuilding it to benefit your gran who comes to stay once in a blue moon.
Presumably you'd consider it if you had the available funds and you had a gran who would bring you cash and prestige.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3058546)   #13
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going to panic yet but if they ruin Cadwell my days supporting motorsport will probably be over. The beauty of it is that it's unlike anywhere else and as a spectator I get a great view unhindered by fences, gravel traps and tarmac runoffs. There is a special atmosphere at a Cadwell meeting and I love it. Even more reason to thoroughly enjoy next weekend.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3058916)   #14
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over the years Spa has been modified in the interest of safety but still retains it's character. If they can do the same for Cadwell then I am for it but modifying the existing layout is a no no. Make it wider and more run-offs by all means but DON'T alter the layout!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 14 Apr 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3059156)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
Over the years Spa has been modified in the interest of safety but still retains it's character.
Except Eau Rouge where you can now get it completely wrong without penalty, in fact you may even gain an advantage. You used to need character for that corner but now it's all play-stationed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
If they can do the same for Cadwell then I am for it but modifying the existing layout is a no no. Make it wider and more run-offs by all means but DON'T alter the layout!
But surely it's altered just by making it wider since you're effectively reducing the radius of every corner and making the whole place faster. At which point the safety people will start making the walls move back.