Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Dec 2007, 23:49 (Ref:2081033)   #1
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 Fujitsu dream drive

If you were a wealthy Fujitsu team owner and looking for a driver, who would you choose? And why?

Someone that doesnt have to bring money, just talent.

I was thinking a young guy with good potential, that has already shown form would be David Reynolds.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 00:07 (Ref:2081042)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Macrow (to bring back someone with experience and talent but no $$$ to score a main game drive)

David Reynolds (would be one young gun i would go for)

James Moffat (seems to have talent and speed, pull off some good moves in FF)

Tim Banchard (talent speed FF champion, would be great but has eyes set on europe but if that dosn't workout...)
Old 4 Dec 2007, 00:13 (Ref:2081045)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steve Owen... if you had the right car, this bloke could definitely win the championship for you!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Dec 2007, 00:24 (Ref:2081049)   #4
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Steve Owen... if you had the right car, this bloke could definitely win the championship for you!
But would he consider it a step backwards?
Old 4 Dec 2007, 00:46 (Ref:2081056)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not if he has no other steps to choose from
Old 4 Dec 2007, 00:58 (Ref:2081059)   #6
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two post by GTR and no mention of Mr Simonsen yet......

Personally, I would ring Ben Clucas and see what he was up to for 2008. Or I would just wait till 2009 and pick up the 2008 FFord Champion.......... Kristian Lindbom........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 01:17 (Ref:2081066)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8

Personally, I would ring Ben Clucas and see what he was up to for 2008. Or I would just wait till 2009 and pick up the 2008 FFord Champion.......... Kristian Lindbom........
I would doubt Mr Simonsen would be interested/available for a development series gig unless it was run by his masters at 888....

I also doubt Mr Clucas is on anybody's radar...
Old 4 Dec 2007, 01:27 (Ref:2081076)   #8
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I would doubt Mr Simonsen would be interested/available for a development series gig unless it was run by his masters at 888....

I also doubt Mr Clucas is on anybody's radar...
Why did Mr Simonsen come to Australia in the first place?

If his current programmes pay the bills, then I don't in any way blame him for choosing Ferraris over V8Supercars....... but if he does still aim to make it into V8s, then he can't expect to just walk into the top category.........

Secondly, Mr Clucas was indeed my choice, not a prediction of what actually will happen. Hey, the topic description is pretty open......... I could have said Dale Earnhardt Jnr......... or indeed that German bloke who keeps topping F1 test days in Spain........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 01:44 (Ref:2081083)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How about another Kiwi without a gig in Gene Rollinson...

Showed he had plenty of pace at Winton in an unfamiliar car and track, and in the rain... certainly handed out a driving lesson to a couple of blokes who have since disappeared from DVS to CC....

Would be a definite chance!
Old 4 Dec 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2081151)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how about the F3 champion Tim Macrow.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 06:58 (Ref:2081158)   #11
Suttory
Racer

Australia
Too far away from a racetrack !
Suttory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warren Luff and Adam Macrow would by my two car team. They are both fast, good, solid drivers who can get the job done. I would buy the two 888 Falcons for them and have Greg Ritter as my Reserve, just in case.

"You could call it Falcon Unbelievable!"
Old 4 Dec 2007, 07:17 (Ref:2081172)   #12
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the time the music stops in the main game and the seats are decided.. if Steve Owen were available i would grab him...
Old 4 Dec 2007, 07:24 (Ref:2081174)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wayne Wakefield
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2081197)   #14
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luke Youlden.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:37 (Ref:2081202)   #15
Rocket Man
Rookie

Rocket Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, I have to agree with you on both counts. I too think that Steve Owen and that Kiwi lad Gene Rollinson would be a Great Pairing actually. Both of them don't have RD's and they both deserve a decent brake from what I can see. I don't have much to say on the forum, I'm a quite watcher and reader but I must say you make a lot of sense and I like your thinking. I for one would gladly put money into that young Mr Rollinson, if I had any, as I think he has a GREAT future if he was to get the right breaks. In fact I will put $1000 towards him for a seasons drive in 2008, don't let my wife know, now he only needs about 400 more of these, I would think.
I would like to hear what Ross & the team @ Prodigy or their Engineer thought of him and his ability and his attitude as I think that is important to potentual sponsors.
When I look at results over the year for the class, and align that with experiance in the cars and tracks etc I think you would have to say that his result is hard to match. And as for Steve Owen he just needs a decent car and team behind him.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2081207)   #16
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8

Isn't Mr Lindbom going overseas as well?
Old 4 Dec 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2081293)   #17
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C
If you were a wealthy Fujitsu team owner and looking for a driver...
Someone that doesnt have to bring money...
Well that's the first two oxymorons - there aren't too many of either around !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
I for one would gladly put money into that young Mr Rollinson, if I had any, as I think he has a GREAT future if he was to get the right breaks. In fact I will put $1000 towards him for a seasons drive in 2008, don't let my wife know, now he only needs about 400 more of these, I would think.
If Mr. Rollinson could get another 449-499 to add to your 1 - I'm sure he would be 'locked-in' for 2008 - no problems!

He did a sterling job earlier in the year.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2081332)   #18
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Isn't Mr Lindbom going overseas as well?
Having now checked eNews, I see that you are right. Clearly he wasn't aware that he could have been in my 2009 Fujitsu fantasy team......

I am surprised that he is not going to do a second season of national FFord before heading overseas though.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 00:16 (Ref:2081742)   #19
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C
If you were a wealthy Fujitsu team owner and looking for a driver, who would you choose? And why?

Someone that doesnt have to bring money, just talent.

I was thinking a young guy with good potential, that has already shown form would be David Reynolds.
Well, I would pick someone like Damien Assailit or that Rollinson bloke, someone with a bit of speed and talent to burn..

but if it was a 2 car team, I'd put Jose in the other car..
Old 5 Dec 2007, 00:26 (Ref:2081744)   #20
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnny Mac or any other driver in the top 10 in NZV8 series would make a good fist of it. Seems to be alot cheaper and the people that do well in it do well in the Aussie V8's just look at the driver's in NZV8's that went well at Bathurst
Old 5 Dec 2007, 01:28 (Ref:2081766)   #21
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttory
Warren Luff and Adam Macrow would by my two car team. They are both fast, good, solid drivers who can get the job done. I would buy the two 888 Falcons for them and have Greg Ritter as my Reserve, just in case.
Now that is a dream team, 888 cars as well, how rich do you think I am in this fantasy?

But Luffy and Macrow would be a top combo in those cars.

Quite a few good peddlers have been nominated so far, and we have one donation of $1000, any other takers out there, we might just be able to do this.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 05:30 (Ref:2081816)   #22
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Besnard