Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Oct 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2555797)   #1
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR/Formula Renault 3.5 Off Season discussion for 2010

Yes , its true about Hartley-Ricciardo , now its reported that Hartley will do WSR, while i guess Ricciardo will drive F3 at Barcelona with carlin to prepare for macau maybe.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/form..._09100702.html
http://www.motorsport-total.com/form..._09100603.html

Walter Grubmuller will drive for P1 motorsport in 2010 as his father buys the team for his son. Again.

I saw this coming , as Walter tested 4 days with P1 last year.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2555920)   #2
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Roly Vincini thanked Grubmueller for help in the advert in Autosport, so may think that you might be right.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2559240)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauber11 View Post
Walter Grubmuller will drive for P1 motorsport in 2010 as his father buys the team for his son. Again.

I saw this coming, as Walter tested 4 days with P1 last year.
The story was that his father had already bought P1 last year, so no surprise there then.

Wonder how the old man will get on with Roly?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2560729)   #4
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
Daniil Move: Mr.Grubmuller has already long ago collaborated with our team. This is very well-off businessman, it several helped us, especially after the fire, which wholly destroyed the base of team. It goes without saying, at its place I would give to son the possibility to pass the final stage of a world series, this it would be very usefully in the plan of experience. But for my place in P1 I am calm and now I am prepared for those forthcoming races".

Testing schedule
Spain, Ciudad del Motor de Aragon 27-29 october
Spain , Barcelona 3-4 november

I bet Merhi will drive for Epsilon Euskadi in 2010 , as he already drove for them in 2008 and was very fast last winter testing their WSR car all 4 days.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2560743)   #5
yosssi
Rookie

yosssi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Merhi will do another year in F3 with ART
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2560791)   #6
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Mehri supported by Mercedes? If so, he will probably stay in F3 with either ART, Mücke or Manor and then move to GP2 or to DTM.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2561508)   #7
yosssi
Rookie

yosssi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
Isn't Mehri supported by Mercedes? If so, he will probably stay in F3 with either ART, Mücke or Manor and then move to GP2 or to DTM.
yes he signed 6 years of contract
Old 15 Oct 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2562236)   #8
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bottas and Mehri at ART next year, that would be quite a title race

Uhhh, nothing todo with WSR though. How about I contribute with a guess - Ricciardo to Carlin?
Old 16 Oct 2009, 06:33 (Ref:2562498)   #9
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Bottas and Mehri at ART next year, that would be quite a title race

Uhhh, nothing todo with WSR though. How about I contribute with a guess - Ricciardo to Carlin?
Maybe Tech 1, since he raced for them during the year. But Carlin is what i would put my money on.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2562604)   #10
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btw, what about Chilton, will he test WSbR? He's got time to do a couple of season in WSbR and GP2
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2562614)   #11
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Btw, what about Chilton, will he test WSbR? He's got time to do a couple of season in WSbR and GP2

I thought he was already confirmed with Campos? Or that might of been just confirmed for the tests. But yeah thats a possibility.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2563255)   #12
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Chilton is confirmed for GP2 Asia, as for after that.....?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2566536)   #13
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
Maybe Tech 1, since he raced for them during the year. But Carlin is what i would put my money on.
At the moment, it doesn't seem as if Red Bull are interested in putting any of their junior drivers in GP2 next year, so I would imagine that Ricciardo will end up in WSR, most likely with Carlin. After all, Alguersuari went from British F3 to WSR and proved to be instantly competitive.

Although saying that, Carlin are one of the teams entering the new GP3 series next year, so if Red Bull wants to be represented in that championship it may decide to put Daniel there instead?

In other WSR news, a few names are starting to appear on the net of the drivers who will be taking part in the first winter test, which is due to start next Tuesday at Motorland Aragon in Spain. So far we have the following:

Daniel Mancinelli (Draco Racing)
Esteban Guerrieri and Bruno Mendez (RC Motorsport)
Francesco Castellacci (Interwetten.com and Prema Powerteam)
Daniel Zampieri (Comtec Racing)
Old 21 Oct 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2566653)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
At the moment, it doesn't seem as if Red Bull are interested in putting any of their junior drivers in GP2 next year.

Although saying that, Carlin are one of the teams entering the new GP3 series next year, so if Red Bull wants to be represented in that championship it may decide to put Daniel there instead?
I can't see there being no Red Bull backed driver in GP2....

I also doubt that one of their top 2 starlets; Ricciardo will move sideways from F3 to the fledgling GP3? Much more likely that he'll do WSR 3.5 as you say but that may depend on what they do with Hartley, Wickens, Vergne and Bortolotti?

Of those latter 4, I expect 2 of them will be in FR3.5.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2566741)   #15
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit strange that Red Bull don't seem to be putting drivers in GP2 at the moment. Are we expecting Mika Maki to be in WSR? Chunterer- I reckon Vergne will be in F3. It seems the way to go for Formula Renault Eurocup drivers. Be interesting to see what happens to Hartley! Would another season in WSR do him any good? He actually started competing in single-seaters 7 years ago...its taking him a while to move up.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2567035)   #16
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect Vergne with Tech 1 in GP3 then in FR3.5
Hartley at Tech1 in 2010 and Ricciardo at Carlin in FR3.5.

I think that young driver from FR2.0 before to go with tech 1 or Carlin they will go in GP3.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2567447)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Bit strange that Red Bull don't seem to be putting drivers in GP2 at the moment.

Be interesting to see what happens to Hartley! Would another season in WSR do him any good? He actually started competing in single-seaters 7 years ago...its taking him a while to move up.
Yes, but the GP2 thing can surely only have been temporary. They've got far too many drivers swilling around not to put at least one of them in there again next year.

Surely it'll be Hartley if anyone? He's been mucked about a bit this year if you ask me so it's not done his momentum or confidence much good by the looks of it. Just what did they think would happen when they switched him (can't have been his primary choice) between F3 and FR3.5 like that???

However, give him the right team/engineer in ONE series again and he'll be flying again.

Wickens as well Ricciardo for 3.5 full time next year perhaps?
Old 23 Oct 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2567580)   #18
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Surely it'll be Hartley if anyone? He's been mucked about a bit this year if you ask me so it's not done his momentum or confidence much good by the looks of it. Just what did they think would happen when they switched him (can't have been his primary choice) between F3 and FR3.5 like that???
Robert Wickens did ok when they switched him between the two. Red Bull often do it, just look at the sheer amount of races Sebastien Buemi did! He competed in the F3 Euroseries, Formula Renault Eurocup and Formula Renault North European Cup in the same year, and was a race winner in ALL of them! In the same year he alse finished 3rd in the F3 Masters and 4th at Macau. Then the year after he juggled finishing vice-champion in the F3 Euroseries with some blinding pace in his GP2 outings. I can't see how Brendon Hartley has compared favourably with his season. It's quite easy to pin-point some of his glaring mistakes in BF3 last year too, Oulton Park, Snetterton etc...is he really a great driver? He's been in single-seater longer than Buemi/Alguersuari.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2569332)   #19
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2010 calendar announced

Quote:
2010 calendar:

17-18 April Motorland Aragon, Spain
1-2 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
14 May Monaco
5-6 June Brno, Czech Republic
19-20 June Magny-Cours, France
3-4 July Hungaroring, Hungary
18-19 July Silverstone, United Kingdom
4-5 September Hockenheim, Germany
9-10 October Barcelona, Spain
I'm glad to see they've scrapped the overly-complicated reverse grid system, with each race now having a separate qualifying session to decide the grid. Could lead to more predictable races, but I'm sick of championships awarding mediocrity by reversing grids.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2569333)   #20
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dammit, just noticed the Silverstone date clashes with WTCC/F2 at Brands
Old 25 Oct 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2569346)   #21
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder who will show the races next year?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2569527)   #22
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, but the GP2 thing can surely only have been temporary. They've got far too many drivers swilling around not to put at least one of them in there again next year.
Wickens as well Ricciardo for 3.5 full time next year perhaps?
I recently checked deeply how red bull developed their juniors past 2 years and here is my guess what will happen:

Aleshin - likely last year with redbull. Reasons:1)new recruit Kvyat, who is also russian 2) Mikhail "too old" for juniors 3) Showing no better than Bortolotti or Wickens , who are younger and more perspective.
Alguersuari - already in formula1. I really hope they will send him back to gp2 , as 6 place in WSR ( and even possible 2-3) not enought for F1. Too slow compare to Buemi.
Bortolotti - why he appeared at hockenheim with carlin and not logical Ricciardo? For sure ,they meeting him with Carlin for future Gp3 season with them.
Hartley - WSR likely with Tech1 , Carlin also possible. Title shot.
Maki - He showed no better than Vernay , and redbull dumped french last year. Will they do same with finn? i think yes.
Ricciardo - Earlier i thought he will continue with Carlin in WSR and i still think so, but its also possible that he goes to australian MW Arden in gp3.
Vergne - i thought about british F3 with Carlin, but its now likely euroseries f3 because of Nasr doing British series.
Wickens - Gp3 with Bortolotti, Gp2 less likely but still possible.

And new ones
Kvyat - euro f-bmw
Sainz jr. euro f-bmw
Nasr British f3 likely

So if I am 100% correct ( which i know wont happen) we have two drivers in WSR, two in Gp3, one in euroseries and british f3,2 in formula-bmw = 8 drivers total. If they need Maki , they can send him in formula2 because of price.

Lukoil management already said that no formula1 for Aleshin any soon and unlikely Gp2 because of high price ( not respectable for sponsors they said).
Forth season in WSR? Gp3 at 23 years old? No way juniors can stick with him one more season.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2569550)   #23
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot see the F2 Red Bull drivers in GP3 next year - surely that would be perceived as a massive step down?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2569570)   #24
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it certain for Kvyat and Sainz will do FBMW?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2569574)   #25
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has been scooped by stop&go long time ago, Eurointernational being their team apparently. Sauber you forgot Juncadella, he could end up in gp3 (if retained by RB of course) and Nasr has said no to them. In fact word is that another f.bmw driver also rejected RB.