Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 13 Feb 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2830710)   #1
redadair85
Rookie

redadair85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tresham College for Motorsport

Right here goes I have levels 1,2 and 3 in Motor vehicle mechanics and a level 2 in fabrication and welding. I am 18, 19 in April. I have applied for a course at Tresham College for motorsport in Silverstone, the course starts in September and through till February its theory work if you pass this you will achieve a btec level3 award. You then find an apprenticeship for the rest of the course.

My problem is because I’ll be 19 I have to pay the course fees of 2,000 pounds and also I live in Derbyshire which is a 100 miles away 2 hour drive, this course will last 3 days and often students have to stay in a Travelodge for the time down there which works out at around 20 a night and that’s a cheap one which is 240 a month.

So my question is can I get any funding? I’ve looked into credit cards but there useless really as I will still have to pay it back the next month or so. I can’t get a student loan because it isn’t a university course, Also I forgot to mention in the spare time the college told me that most students get offered part time work experience in a motorsport team this means I won’t have time to work for cash.

Any help or feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks alot Nath
Old 13 Feb 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2830777)   #2
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really. What you have found pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately there is a gap for funding for over 18s for further education. You may be better of doing a foundation degree, allowing you to get student funding, and fees are only £1700 ish. Just need to look at if your qualis are enough for foundation degrees, and if there is one that does what you want.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2830972)   #3
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you haven't seen them, try Myerscough College. Not your part of the country, but anyway:
http://www.myerscough.ac.uk/?page=su...motorsports-HE
and
http://www.myerscough.ac.uk/?page=su...motorsports-fe

John
Old 17 Feb 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2833042)   #4
redadair85
Rookie

redadair85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the replys guys. Looks like i'll be taking a year out either way