Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Apr 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3056239)   #1
jondwyer
Rookie

jondwyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support for worthwhile cause

From Tiff Hyde. Silverstone Marshal No. 580.

I am working for an amazing group of guys at a charity called Race2Recovery. They are a group of predominately wounded military chaps, who have found that the wonderful world of motorsport is somewhere where they can compete on a level playing field, so they have formed a rally team. They are currently in Morocco on their 1st overseas rally, The Tuareg Rallye. The final aim is to be the first Amputee team to compete in & complete The Dakar Rally next January. By doing so, they are hoping to raise a huge amount of money for Tedworth House, a new personnel recovery and assessment centre in Wiltshire run by Help for Heroes. The Tedworth House mission statement; to inspire our wounded, sick, injured & returning veterans to lead independent, fulfilling and active lives, and to support them and their families for life. I am hoping that you could forward this to all Track, Rally & Bike Marshals & the M.S.A in the hope that they might be in a position to do some fundraising for us, either as individuals, or as groups. All Marshals have a pure love of Motorsport, which is of course why we all do what we do , so am hoping that this combined with the thought of helping our incredibly brave military will inspire them, as it did myself, to get involved. I have attached a copy of our fundraising pack in the hope that you can help us.
Here is a short You Tube clip which lets you know what we’re about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNrM...ature=youtu.be and please look us up at www.race2recovery.co.uk
Thank you in anticipation