Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Mar 2000, 23:25 (Ref:14198)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to Carrie, Lee Purnell, Andy H, Peter Mallett, RIKB, and several others, we are delighted to unveil our new 2000 Circuit Guides

Your feedback and comments would be very much appreciated - we want to know if we've made any mistakes, or if we've ommitted something. We will rectify anything as soon as possible - but we need your help!
Old 13 Mar 2000, 00:57 (Ref:14199)   #2
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say they look superb, huge thanks to everyone who was responsible for them.

Please please everyone have a read and give us your views to help update and improve them.

Perhaps next season we can do some guides for the more popular circuits in Europe - Spa, Le Mans, Monza etc. and F1 in Canada, USA and Australia where we have plenty of members. What do you think?

Old 13 Mar 2000, 19:00 (Ref:14200)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Andy, I was wondering the same thing, it seems a shame just to restrict the circuit guides to the UK when we've so many visitors from all over.
I must be mad even suggesting we think about doing circuit guides for foreign circuits after all the work involved in the UK ones
Old 14 Mar 2000, 09:46 (Ref:14201)   #4
Andy H
Racer

Great minds think alike my fellow moderator, is anyone interested then either in using them or helping write then?

Any thoughts on where we should do guides for?

Le Mans must be a one, giving half this website is going!

Old 14 Mar 2000, 17:56 (Ref:14202)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[quote]When Formula 3 disappeared from Cadwell's calendar in 1984, its days as a venue for international car racing fixtures ended, though it remains a serious motorcycle and kart racing arena. Cars still race there with the maximum engine size restricted to two litres due to the fast nature of the track. Cadwell Park was purchased by Brands Hatch Leisure Group in 1987. [quote]

Er. If the engine size is restricted to 2 litres how come we race there? I am not aware of any restrictions re noise (other than MSA rules) or capacity.
Old 14 Mar 2000, 18:43 (Ref:14203)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, despite contacting Brands Hatch Circuits, we received no help from them whatsoever (contrast this with the ever so helpful David Overand at Mallory...) and ended up getting our information from various websites, books and guides.

I am sure that Carrie will see this note - perhaps she can remove this section for us ?
Old 14 Mar 2000, 19:07 (Ref:14204)   #7
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, have seen and will act on it. In my defence that info was taken from the BHLG web site so obviously they don't know what goes on at their own circuits
Old 15 Mar 2000, 20:04 (Ref:14205)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It may be a reference to single seaters. Maybe someone in the racer's forum can help. I'll ask.
Old 20 Mar 2000, 21:52 (Ref:14206)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'll leave it up to you to tell Carrie if you're wrong, Peter...
Old 20 Mar 2000, 22:01 (Ref:14207)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

What, shock, horror, you mean to say our Mr. Mallett can be wrong about something
Old 24 Mar 2000, 18:42 (Ref:14208)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Of course he can - the bloke drives a Capri for gods sake!

I will be printing out the Thruxton guide and taking it with me this weekend to check it for accuracy. *******ings will be issued if it's wrong...
Old 31 Mar 2000, 10:08 (Ref:14209)   #12
Andy H
Racer

Now the event is over I have to ask Craig did you take a circuit guide with you and more improtantly will floggings be in order?

While I'm here anyone got thoughts about doing a few foreign circuit guides, both myself and Carrie mentioned it further up the thread but there's not exactly been a stampede of interest yet......