Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:04 (Ref:398677)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
A Thought for the final round.

Just a thought but what will happen if JPM goes out/breaks down etc and TGF is in second place with Rafe third, will TGF pull over to allow Rafe through and clinch third in the WDC?
Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:12 (Ref:398683)   #2
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No

Michael's loyalty is to himself, Ferrari, Rubens and only then to Ralf. In the past he has helped Ralf but only when it doesn't hurt him.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:17 (Ref:398691)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am guessing, then, that Rubens would be leading? Frankly, considering his little error at Indy, I suspect Michael would like to teach Rubens a lesson...of course, he would never say so......and so I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Rubens will beat Michael on the track this weekend.

But back to your query...if those were indeed the circumstances, Mike would have to be willing to take the consequences in the media, but I think he would do it anyway.(since Ralf would never do it himself!! ).
Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:46 (Ref:398723)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
I am guessing, then, that Rubens would be leading? Frankly, considering his little error at Indy, I suspect Michael would like to teach Rubens a lesson...of course, he would never say so......and so I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Rubens will beat Michael on the track this weekend.

I agree with this statement (i posted as much in the predictions comp), but you never know, it could happen!
Old 8 Oct 2002, 21:53 (Ref:398732)   #5
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way! Why the hell would he pull over and let someone from another team through? Ralf and Michael respect each other, but not THAT much!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 00:08 (Ref:398817)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A thought:

Watch the MOTOGP from Phillip Island instead. Will provide far better racing than WWF1 at Suzuka.

In particular, catch the 125cc race. It is always great at the Island.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 00:12 (Ref:398821)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OK Manoz, this is your 3rd shameless plug. Get your MotoGp luv'n butt out of this forum. Your suspended from the F1 forum for 10 whole minutes.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 05:32 (Ref:398924)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF has does help out Ralf from time to time , but he doesnt really do anything extreme .

I dont think he would pull over and let Ralf through .
Old 9 Oct 2002, 06:17 (Ref:398943)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highly unlikely but anyway, the answer is No. I believe that he would think of helping Ralf, but only if it helps. For example: Michael in first, second Ralf and Pablo third and allowing Ralf a win while Montoya remains in 3rd would make the difference in final standings.

Letting Ralf by while both of them behind Montoya doesn't make much sense; better try to pass, let Ralf and Montoya sort the things between them and then let's see what happens. Anyway, I too believe that Michael would want to teach Rubens a lesson so perhaps he'll win by a large margin.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 11:50 (Ref:399185)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
A thought:

Watch the MOTOGP from Phillip Island instead. Will provide far better racing than WWF1 at Suzuka.

In particular, catch the 125cc race. It is always great at the Island.

Indeed! The last races (125,250 & MotoGP) at Motegi were fantastic! One MotoGP race was far more exciting than all the F1 races combined this year!
Attached Thumbnails
barros and rossi @ motegi.jpg  
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:01 (Ref:399197)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stayed up all night for that one, was a real wreck afterwards, and very satisfied.

Something i couldn't say of USA GP...
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:17 (Ref:399216)   #12
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember Spain 2000?
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:23 (Ref:399218)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

When it was raining???

Sete winning? or was that 2001?
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:25 (Ref:399220)   #14
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well Suzuka is in Japan, and as we all know, Godzilla, Megalon and Mothera have an intense interest in F1. Now I heard that Mothera has a contractual arrangement with Honda that guarantees that no car powered by a non-Honda engine may finish in front. Schumi (the real one, not Ralf) has had his barrister sign a cross-pollinization agreement with Megalon to block that. Schumi will be sponsoring Megalon's F3000 team as a result. Eddie Jordan thought he had an agreement with Godzilla and announced that Godzilla would be re-badged as "Jorzilla." Turns out that Lauda had a contract in the bag all along...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:44 (Ref:399239)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woodbine
No

Michael's loyalty is to himself, Ferrari, Rubens and only then to Ralf. In the past he has helped Ralf but only when it doesn't hurt him.
Ferrari = WCC
Rubens = 2nd. in WDC

He paid his loyalty quota already.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 12:56 (Ref:399257)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ahem...

What are we talking about here ? MOTOGP ????

Uhn... Wrex you give a whole 10 minutes to F1manoz. Can I make an appeal ? More 10 days please ?

Sorry F1Manoz, don't quit on F1 please, I don't want to call you MOTOGPManoz...
Old 9 Oct 2002, 14:30 (Ref:399349)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

nice one Bononi

..yes , that is a bit of a mouthful !
Old 9 Oct 2002, 15:10 (Ref:399394)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Letting Ralf by while both of them behind Montoya doesn't make much sense;
Red, i think you misread the situation, if JPM is out of the race, Rafe can only gain 3rd place in the WDC if he finishes 2nd in the race, and i was asking, would TGF move over? Personally i don't think so, but hopefully JPM will still be in the points come the end of the race so it wouldn't become an issue.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 16:06 (Ref:399447)   #19
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: A Thought for the final round.

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Just a thought but what will happen if JPM goes out/breaks down etc and TGF is in second place with Rafe third, will TGF pull over to allow Rafe through and clinch third in the WDC?
yes. but all this is impossible unless Ralf saves his 'engine'!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 16:20 (Ref:399462)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh-oh Mr V, of course I misread. Sorry, but actually a couple of days ago I had exactly the same thought, but with no DNF's involved!! Sorry!
Old 9 Oct 2002, 18:09 (Ref:399547)   #21
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall definitely make the MotoGP races priority.

BTW F1man.. I think they're in Malaysia this weekend, Phillip Island next weekend.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 19:00 (Ref:399564)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
I shall definitely make the MotoGP races priority.

BTW F1man.. I think they're in Malaysia this weekend, Phillip Island next weekend.
Yep, in Sepang, then Phillip Island and then Comunitat Valencia.

Ooh, Ooh, can't wait till it's friday!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 9 Oct 2002 at 19:01.