Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jul 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1346685)   #1
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Harewood Hillclimb 3rd July

Well he did it again, Martin Groves took both run-offs and he also re-set the Hill Record on no less than THREE ocassions leaving it at a staggering 49.84 seconds.

Willem Toet became the FIRST driver to go Sub 50 when he stopped the clocks at 49.95 during the second run-off but Groves Hail Mary last run of the day grabbed reset the record and snatched the ten points. Willem bagged two second places as he closed the gap to second place.

Scott Moran took two thirds as he mastered the new Gould.

Star turn in the class runs was Ed Hollier in the 1.4 OMS Sports Libre. He shattered the class record and left it at 55.36, compared to the new two litre record set by Simon Fidoe of 54.77.

Trevor Willis set a new 2000cc Racing Car class record en route to the win and two run-off appearances. Will Mason is rapidly taking over the crown as most entertaing driver in a Two Litre Car and came a close second to Willis as he too got inside the old record.

A great day was had by all and if this is the portent of what is to come then Shelsley Walsh in August could be STAGGERING!

Old 4 Jul 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1346776)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
The portents do indeed look very good. Weather permitting, the track should be in a good state.

The VSCC's were well behaved yesterday, they didn't drop nearly as much oil as you would expect and yesterday saw a few class records set and many people seemed to be setting PB's. Therefore, unless something extremely unusual happens at the Birthday Meet, everything's coming together to make the main event something quite special.

The prize of setting an Outright Hill Record that will be heavily highlighted in the history books must be a pre-cursor to the record going again.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1346870)   #3
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
The portents do indeed look very good. Weather permitting, the track should be in a good state.

The VSCC's were well behaved yesterday, they didn't drop nearly as much oil as you would expect and yesterday saw a few class records set and many people seemed to be setting PB's. Therefore, unless something extremely unusual happens at the Birthday Meet, everything's coming together to make the main event something quite special.

The prize of setting an Outright Hill Record that will be heavily highlighted in the history books must be a pre-cursor to the record going again.

What he said
Old 4 Jul 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1347076)   #4
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onboard

Downloaded the tapes today and we have Willem's first sub 50 record followed by Martin's latest record, both excellent onboard footage. PaulR will receive an AVI file this week which he might want to do a data overlay on.

Maybe we could show the footage..

!

Richard
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1347636)   #5
Marshalling Bag
Rookie

Marshalling Bag is a back marker
Never miss an opportunity to advertise your business do you mcb666?
Old 5 Jul 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1347799)   #6
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think you will find he does for our enjoyment,and it is hardly a business
only a hobby
Old 5 Jul 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1347915)   #7
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Unrewarded Efforts

There are several of us who flog round the country going to Hillclimbs and Sprints for little or no reward. For example my trip to Doune set me back in excess of £90.00 for this I will get the grand total of £40.00 from the comics.

I only went to Harewood for the Sunday due to having additional expenses in the weeks leading up to the event - a new PC So I might just make a few bob out of that day! I find the local club events provide me with the greatest earnings and it is these that subsidise my trips to the likes of Doune, Snetterton and Knockhill.

None of us do it for the money as there are NO vast amounts to be made. There are no full time photographers earning a living out of Sprints and Hillclimbs!

Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1347957)   #8
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Business - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalling Bag
Never miss an opportunity to advertise your business do you mcb666?
The 'business' costs;
Canon Xl1S = £2000
Panasonic FZ10 = £350 + Canon s45 + Dimage 7
Bullet camera kits (2) =£2000
Hard disk space = 3 x 250Gb disks for this year so far.
Website, space, hosting.
Travel (L-reg) and accomodation (tent) average £200 / meeting.
Computer to do processing. £1500
PC to burn DVDs £300
3 photo printers.....
Ink / failed DVDs / burners / spare camecorder batteries / coffee.
Laptop for at the venue and downloading video and photos £800

Find out how many meetings there are and do some maths.
Video editting time = 1 hour per minute. No costs are shown for time but it is Full time. That is when I get back from the day job as a Systems Admin, which pays the money to do the DVDs.

Sponsorship received = £1500 + we have been sponsored for the travelling to the Channel Islands.
DVD sales approx £100 per meeting. [But growing gradually].

Could I please kill the myth held by some people that we are a media company making a killing out of it. I do not like selling or pushing the DVDs, I would rather give them away to people who appreciate my efforts (as opposed to my day Job which is crap). Indeed those who know me will know that my biggest weakness is giving too much away.
The DVDs costs £10 each and some include spectacular onboard and offboard footage. Giving up on the whole project crosses my mind quite often. But when I get home and see the onboard, or some footage, or I see the delight some people have when they get the latest DVD (at the next meeting, ie made in 5 days {{evenings!}}).

Does that explain more?

It is quite surprising at times finding out who put that knife in your back, the why they do it I do understand.

As a newbie, who are you?, why did you make the comment, and do you understand how much effort we put in?

Did we charge Shelsley for our footage they used on the 99 year DVD. No we gave it away for free.

I have had a very bad day.

Richard Dunn
www.2T4T.co.uk

[Note: The address above was not used in the original post which said something or other about using every opportunity .............]
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1347966)   #9
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MCB Well said
moose
Old 5 Jul 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1347969)   #10
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Old 5 Jul 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1348038)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find all the photographers and media people around the hills are friendly and helpful, and without exception are willing to provide pictures and footage for all sorts of uses - in fact Shelsley has just had a minor infrastrucure change directly as a result of one of these pictures. I've also noticed one or two other points from the DVD which were actioned quietly over this week-end, so Richard's efforts are appreciated beyond just their entertainment value. On that point I was also grateful to be shown a photostrip by John Chater on Sunday.

On the other hand, we have to be wary that this is a discussion site, and where media, photographs, websites, etc are the reason for the post, we tend to encourage it into Cool Sites or Motorsport Art and Photography where they are more relevant. It's a difficult balance, especially when you're as passionate about the subject matter as mcb666 is.

I don't see any need to edit anything that's gone so far, but let's keep it on topic, please.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1348174)   #12
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Moose said.

Paul
Old 5 Jul 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1348294)   #13
Scottish Billy
Rookie

Scottish Billy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb666
The 'business' costs;
Canon Xl1S = £2000
Panasonic FZ10 = £350 + Canon s45 + Dimage 7
Bullet camera kits (2) =£2000
Hard disk space = 3 x 250Gb disks for this year so far.
Website, space, hosting.
Travel (L-reg) and accomodation (tent) average £200 / meeting.
Computer to do processing. £1500
PC to burn DVDs £300
3 photo printers.....
Ink / failed DVDs / burners / spare camecorder batteries / coffee.
Laptop for at the venue and downloading video and photos £800

Find out how many meetings there are and do some maths.
Video editting time = 1 hour per minute. No costs are shown for time but it is Full time. That is when I get back from the day job as a Systems Admin, which pays the money to do the DVDs.

Sponsorship received = £1500 + we have been sponsored for the travelling to the Channel Islands.
DVD sales approx £100 per meeting. [But growing gradually].

Could I please kill the myth held by some people that we are a media company making a killing out of it. I do not like selling or pushing the DVDs, I would rather give them away to people who appreciate my efforts (as opposed to my day Job which is crap). Indeed those who know me will know that my biggest weakness is giving too much away.
The DVDs costs £10 each and some include spectacular onboard and offboard footage. Giving up on the whole project crosses my mind quite often. But when I get home and see the onboard, or some footage, or I see the delight some people have when they get the latest DVD (at the next meeting, ie made in 5 days {{evenings!}}).

Does that explain more?

It is quite surprising at times finding out who put that knife in your back, the why they do it I do understand.

As a newbie, who are you?, why did you make the comment, and do you understand how much effort we put in?

Did we charge Shelsley for our footage they used on the 99 year DVD. No we gave it away for free.

I have had a very bad day.

Richard Dunn
www.2T4T.co.uk

[Note: The address above was not used in the original post which said something or other about using every opportunity .............]
You forgot one other expence, apples may give you a clue!
Scottish Billy
Old 5 Jul 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1348306)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Is that Mr Cater?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1348542)   #15
Judd
Rookie

Judd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£10 for a DVD of Gurston, with onboard of Simon and Willem, plus the runoffs and amusing highlights? Bl88dy bargain in my opinion. Thank god its not a VHS cassette or mine would have been worn out by now. My collection of orange DVDs is steadily growing. We are very fortunate to have someone like Richard interested in our chosen sport.

Byeeeeee
Old 8 Jul 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1350545)   #16
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
got a website? or somewhere to buy um??
Old 8 Jul 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1350573)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you'll find Richard included his web addy in his last post...