Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will replace JPM? (PS your vote will have no influence on FW's decision!)
Webber 34 40.48%
Fisico 3 3.57%
Button 23 27.38%
Rubens 0 0%
Nelsinho 5 5.95%
Nico 1 1.19%
Pizzonia 4 4.76%
Gene 6 7.14%
Alonso 2 2.38%
Others-state 6 7.14%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Feb 2004, 20:42 (Ref:872365)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some hints on JPM's replacements?

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...12123649.shtml

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...12130813.shtml

so obviously Frank prefers Button.. though Fisco and Webber aint far off.. Who else could come in? rubens, N.Rosberg, Nelsinho, Pizzonia.. the latter 3 not really tested so will Frank take a risk on them... your guess is as good as mine!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 21:18 (Ref:872406)   #2
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see Nelshino getting it as his testing with Williams has not been very promising and he has been off the pace, it will be interesting to see how he gets on in F3 this year as it is his third year.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 21:26 (Ref:872416)   #3
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, he was only a second off Tubby's pace this week. BTW I see that Head says that the decision to go to Maclaren was made after a row in France last year. That's the spirit!!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 21:36 (Ref:872431)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button will be at Williams in 2005 - and if Ralf leaves I think Webber will be there too.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:01 (Ref:872463)   #5
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that would be an interesting (and strong) line-up!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:04 (Ref:872467)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO it will depend on who performs this year. If Button performs, I'll put him in one seat. If Ralf doesn't drop his wage demands, he'll also be out of a seat and Webber will be in the other seat.

I sincerely hope Nelsinho and Nico DON'T get the seat. They've done nothing to deserve it.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:05 (Ref:872472)   #7
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After what Uncle Bernie said to the Aussie press about Webber that would put him in front of Button i think.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 12 Feb 2004 at 22:06.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:06 (Ref:872474)   #8
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with F1manoz, at least at the present moment. Maybe further into the future, but Button and Webber deserve chances in better cars first (assuming that the BAR and Jag don't get better anyway, which they might).

Last edited by krt917; 12 Feb 2004 at 22:06.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:20 (Ref:872497)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Cristiano da Matta?
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:47 (Ref:872523)   #10
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Gene, don't know to much about him, but he seems to get the lap times for a relative new-comer
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:52 (Ref:872530)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Button over Fisi? I wonder if Frank remembers what happened when they were teammates? The mystery of why Fisico is overlooked continues.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 22:54 (Ref:872531)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fisico is a good choice, but when they will look at him ?
Old 13 Feb 2004, 00:04 (Ref:872600)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately, time seems to have passed Fisichella by. The only way I can see him into a top seat is if Ferrari somehow picks him up. I don't see McLaren, Williams or Renault knocking at his door anytime soon.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 00:37 (Ref:872621)   #14
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive had this conversation with my mate. I seem to think the reason Fisi is at Sauber is that they a preping him to take over at the end of the season when Schumi retires.
I feel that Ralf will go to Toyota to replace the Retiring Panis.. If he does stay at Williams then i feel that Button will get the seat there. so it will be Ralf and Button at Williams, and Da Matta and Briscoe at Toyota...
As for Webber. If ralf leaves williams, he will get ralfs seat, and if ralf stays.. he will replace Jarno Trulli at renault.. as trulli hasnt really done much..

-jason
Old 13 Feb 2004, 00:44 (Ref:872624)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by jasonhill9884
ive had this conversation with my mate. I seem to think the reason Fisi is at Sauber is that they a preping him to take over at the end of the season when Schumi retires.
Fisi at Sauber is a yardstick to see how Massa fairs and if Ferrari think that Massa is good enough for the Ferrari seat
Old 13 Feb 2004, 01:09 (Ref:872636)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Fisi at Sauber is a yardstick to see how Massa fairs and if Ferrari think that Massa is good enough for the Ferrari seat
I never thought Fisico was a real option for Ferrari - Due to italians sperstitions - but they know how the guy is good and how to use him as a benchmark. Andy, I agree with your opinion.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 06:08 (Ref:872727)   #17
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm Webber will go to Renault I reckon, unless they underperform this year, I'd like to see Villeneuve back in a Williams, Rubens will stay at Ferrari when Schumi retires, Pizzonia no way-look at his Jag form to judge that, Gene maybe, Rosberg/Piquet testing role, too young still i reckon. Coulthard no, Patrick Head has already said so. Maybe Kimi if DC stays at McLaren, which leaves Button and Fisi, Button though IMO will stay at BAR if they are competitive. Maybe Trulli?? Or even Massa. It could be really anyone...
Old 13 Feb 2004, 06:31 (Ref:872738)   #18
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf fans,

How dare you to warns that this poll have no influence on FW's decision?:confused:

We all know, this poll will determine Sir Frank's decision.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 07:32 (Ref:872768)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First, I have to say I'm deply upset cos' my vote won't influence Fw's decision
Then I voted Nelsinho; not that I 'm so strongly convinced about it, (i'd prefer Nico), but, among the listed name, it looked like being the least unlikely.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 09:53 (Ref:872899)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If i were in Frank's shoe, i'd opt for Button too.

Williams had worked with Button before and they worked pretty well, deciding to give up Button for JPM because JPM's talent and potential then is hard to resist. Furthermore, Button showed well against well-regarded teammates, and his maturing had impressed many. Lastly, Button would have a year to learn how to lead a team, and if the improvement trend continues, Button would really grow to be a good driver. Many people tend to forget that Button is actually one of the younger drivers around at 24 and has a long time to bid for success.

Fisi is slightly a better driver than Button now perhaps, but age isn't on his side.

Webber is another equally brilliant choice, but Button's English and seemingly more "promotable".
Old 13 Feb 2004, 10:02 (Ref:872907)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Despite risks of abuse and humiliation, i vote for Jacques.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 10:17 (Ref:872929)   #22
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still say Webber over Button but there is a chance that they could both be at Williams next year.The only reason Webber would get the nod over Button is his results in an under performing car and his ability to get the best out of it.Besides Im biased because hes an aussie.

THE gRUMPY1

Last edited by grumpy1; 13 Feb 2004 at 10:18.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 10:55 (Ref:872972)   #23
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old news

Button will be a Williams man. It's almost sorted!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 11:42 (Ref:873012)   #24
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be so sure with Bernie pushing Webber's barrow this week & Bernie has a habit of getting what Bernie wants.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:09 (Ref:873034)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm... Button and Webber. Yep, that would be interesting!