Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 5 Apr 2009, 07:10 (Ref:2433719)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica vs Mike...

Mike Conway gets the upper hand in qualifying at St. Pete's - 1-0 to him in qualifying

What will the race produce for these 2 Indycar stars
Old 5 Apr 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2433767)   #2
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The fact that Danica Patrick has a seat with a top team undermines the whole sport. She is taking a seat that so many quality drivers deserve on merit.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2433884)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The possibility that Danica will not perform well compared to a GP2 middle-order driver could be harmful for the reputation of IRL.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2433985)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica came 6th in points last year & beat 2 of her team-mates - Respect
Old 5 Apr 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2434495)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Danica wins this battle at the 1st corner
Old 5 Apr 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2434561)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think it's a draw for Round 1...
Old 5 Apr 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2434606)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Both taken out with no fault to themselves.

Fair play to Danica, she was having a good run. Conway, well, not much to comment on...

0-0 I'd say.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2434652)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
No, its 1-0... The original discussion was that Mike would never beat Danica in a race & the results show Danica finished higher

I understand your 0-0 draw through both being taken out, but, we gotta play by the rules in this heated battle
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2434655)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The claim got specified to Conway never finishing ahead of Danica when both get to the end without problems. It could go that Mike fails to finish ahead of Danica in any race leading into the final round, but then Mike finishes ahead in said round (without either hitting problems): the claim made by DanicaFan which caused the "debate" would be disproven.

The general race-by-race tally is a totally different thing. It is interesting and worthwhile, but quite different. It would also depend on whether it was about judgement or race classification.

The classification is just a matter of objective fact, thus very easy and simple to track. 1-0 to Danica.

However, if, like I was, one is meaning in terms of subjective judgements about which did better, a 0-0 score is absolutely viable without distorting the tracking of proving or disproving DanicaFan's rather ambitious claim.

BTW, great call on making this thread. It made me laugh when I saw it!
Old 15 Apr 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2441156)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Early tip for Long Beach - Mike to give Danica a whipping
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2441253)   #11
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah right, we will see. Danica will qualify better than Mike and finish higher than Mike.

You guys wait till we get off these road courses and you will see Danica getting some poles and some wins.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2441268)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2441278)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is clear that all considered reasoning points to Danica being so dominant on ovals that she will make up for any weak performances on road courses. After all if you can beat Mike Conway you can beat anyone.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2441291)   #14
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair if she didn't beat mike it would be a very poor effort. He's never raced on an oval in his life and is in a weaker time than Danica who had 4(?) years of Indycars under her belt racing on ovals...
Old 15 Apr 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2441557)   #15
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Yeah right, we will see. Danica will qualify better than Mike and finish higher than Mike.

You guys wait till we get off these road courses and you will see Danica getting some poles and some wins.
You are changing those goal posts a lot. It has went from Mike will never be ahead of Danica, to when they finish he won't be ahead of Danica, to on the ovals he won't be Danica.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2441622)   #16
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1 View Post
The fact that Danica Patrick has a seat with a top team undermines the whole sport. She is taking a seat that so many quality drivers deserve on merit.
I don't claim to follow IRL very closely, but is this statement not a bit harsh? Yes I can understand the critics who claim that the "marketability" of Danica played some part in her being given her first drive, but has she not proven by now that she does deserve - on merit - to keep her seat?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2442001)   #17
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
has she not proven by now that she does deserve - on merit - to keep her seat?
err, no!

A seat perhaps - just not the one she is in.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2442013)   #18
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy has no seat. Power may be relegated to reserve. Justin had to settle for a poorer car. I'd say they deserve the seat way more than Danica. So in that sense she doesn't deserve a top seat, no.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2442063)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When there are three teams with significantly more funding, engineering experience and marketing appeal than the rest of the grid, it's a shame when one of them uses three of its four cars out of family loyalty, marketability and sponsor appeal respectively. Danica isn't awful, but there's no way she's getting as much out of the car as the trio mentioned above could.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2442139)   #20
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Danica gets that Motorola Car going real good. She has talent. You watch, on all the ovals this year, she will qualify in the top 5 at every one of them and even a couple poles!
Old 16 Apr 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2442150)   #21
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Danica gets that Motorola Car going real good. She has talent. You watch, on all the ovals this year, she will qualify in the top 5 at every one of them and even a couple poles!
Sounds like another bet. Don't go moving those goal posts this time though.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2442152)   #22
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Sounds like another bet. Don't go moving those goal posts this time though.
I havent changed one goal or prediction with her yet. I am telling you, Danica is awesome on ovals. She is very fast and can hold her own against anyone.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2442170)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll take that bet too:
I bet that Danica will not achieve both of the following:
  • Qualify in the top five on every oval this year
  • Will get more than one pole this oval.

Lets say one hundred American dollars?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2442177)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can I take this one as well? Same wager?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2442184)   #25
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=DanicaFan;2442152] I am telling you, Danica is awesome on ovals. [QUOTE]

In the light of any definitive proof, i will whole-heartedly agree with you sir.

Oh, her results.......