Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 17 Apr 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2443285)   #51
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I see what you are saying Adam, and it is so very fair and logical, but if we have a quick look earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Early tip for Long Beach - Mike to give Danica a whipping
Was immediately followed by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Yeah right, we will see. Danica will qualify better than Mike and finish higher than Mike.
DanicaFan seems to consider it reasonable that Danica will perform well, so I am going to have to consider your objection over-ruled.

I've just read this thread from the beginning again. It still makes me laugh loud and hard. I quite literally had to wipe tears away from my eyes.

Epic stuff.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2443287)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You have a fair and valid point, I concede my assertion that it is OK for a driver to be pants on circuits other than ovals.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2443324)   #53
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Yeah. It was only the first practice. They are on the track again now. We will see her improve greatly.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2443326)   #54
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Her current drop to 21st is brutally confirming your statement of future fact. The evidence is unavoidable.

I notice Conway is presently 0.7s faster than Danica.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2443365)   #55
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm sorry, but if you've only got Carpenter and Barrett behind you, and you're in a top line seat, there is a problem. Seriously, I cannot wait for AGR to get rid of Patrick Mutoh and Andretti, get some credible drivers in for their talent.

Would be good if we could get AGR to read this thread though, I'd like to see Conway in one of their cars, we could put the idea an their head.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2443366)   #56
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still don't understand the comparison! Mike has over 20 victories and several titles in European single-seater series, Danica has nothing like that to show. I fully expect Conway to be in the top 6 on road courses to be honest.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2443368)   #57
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Nope. Danica had never won a single car race until the Motegi event. Seriously.
Yeah, you are correct - just remember her coming 3rd in Atlantics in 04, there was a pole position & a couple of podium finishes...
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2443370)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Danica reacts to second practice pasting by Fast Mike.

Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2443372)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if she can catch him...
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2443374)   #60
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar.com
1 Will Power (3) 1:10.5486

5 Mike Conway (24) 1:10.9981

20 Danica Patrick (7) 1:12.2254

22 Stanton Barrett (98) 1:14.0743
Now, DanicaFan, you asserted the future fact that Danica would improve greatly in second practice.

In the first session, Danica finished 20th on a 1:13.8; in the second session, Danica finished 20th with a 1:12.2. She improved her time by 1.6s, but the other guys improved too (hence why she remains 20th).

Take Conway, for example. In the first session, he was 9th with a 1:12.06; in the second session, he was 5th with a fraction under a 1:11. He improved by 4 positions, and his time by 1 second.

You will note Conway's slower time from first practice is faster than Danica's faster time from second practice.

So far, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Early tip for Long Beach - Mike to give Danica a whipping
is seeming more likely than this:

Quote:
Yeah right, we will see. Danica will qualify better than Mike and finish higher than Mike.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2443432)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's keep the personal stuff out of this, gang....Just be civil...you have been thus far...let's keep it that way, OK?

The times and the on-track performances will speak for themselves...

But this is the most unusual thread I've ever encountered as a mod...must admit it has been "interesting" to say the least!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2443437)   #62
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, getting a bit uncomfortable to read!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2443456)   #63
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Bahahaha, legendary.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 01:23 (Ref:2443466)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
This is a classic thread.

I opened it thinking that Danica must have had yet another hissy fit and started a slap / threaten fest with Mike.

Strange to see that its about performance on track - not really her go I would have thought?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2443476)   #65
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
yeah, getting a bit uncomfortable to read!
I don't know if it is "uncomfortable," but it sure has been entertaining, to say the least....

Old 18 Apr 2009, 02:36 (Ref:2443491)   #66
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I've read it from the beginning a few times. Everytime I end up wiping tears from my face. My stomach muscles are hurting a bit now, too.

It is just utterly brilliant.

I had to give it the 5-star rating.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2443609)   #67
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There have been no nasty posts - plenty of positive for Mike & a little bit for Danica....

Shall be interesting when Danica wins the Indy 500 this year
Old 18 Apr 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2443624)   #68
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which we absolutely KNOW she will do.

Mike will come last obviously as no one has heard of him in America so he must be rubbish!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2443673)   #69
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 18 Apr 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2443681)   #70
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I'm inclined to say greatest thread in the history of the internet itself and I don't bandy that one about at will.
Not sure about this thread being the greatest, but I'm sure glad I stumbled across it though, because it's one of the funniest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane View Post
I just cannot see how someone can be a great driver based on ONE win ever?!
Exactly...And wasn't that ONE win due to fuel stratagy?

Quote:
Trust me, I get razzed by my friends around here as well but I can take it. Ive been taking the razzing about Danica for a few years now.
There is a reason you get razzed by your friends.
Think about it!!!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2443692)   #71
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
classic guys ....hehe lol
Old 18 Apr 2009, 13:30 (Ref:2443775)   #72
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
rofl!

some classic on-topic fun!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2444000)   #73
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, third practice came and went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar.com
1 Dario Franchitti (10) 1:10.2789 100.810 4 9

8 Mike Conway (24) 1:10.9066 99.917 15 15

10 Danica Patrick (7) 1:11.0542 99.710 9 14

23 Stanton Barrett (98) 1:14.4918 95.108 4 9
I think we have to call this session a draw. It will be interesting to see if Danica can keep this improvement going in qualifying and the race.

Fair play to her, for she seems to have found something.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2444010)   #74
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Well, third practice came and went.

I think we have to call this session a draw. It will be interesting to see if Danica can keep this improvement going in qualifying and the race.

Fair play to her, for she seems to have found something.
It is no secret that AGR has Kanaan set the baselines for setups and she is running something pretty close to his...When they lost Wheldon, Herta, and Dario, they really went downhill...they had four legit players with an ability to provide comprehensive setup data...they have one now...TK...

Old 18 Apr 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2444068)   #75
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, the first group has run. TK was a second quicker than Marco and Mutoh, with only TK getting through this first round. I don't think this can surprise us, but one of the commentators was stunned Marco failed. Given he has been slow all weekend, I do not know why.

Anyway, all that is just insignificant. We have group two going now. Danica are Mike and both in this group. The battle begins in earnest.

DanicaFan has made the assertion of future fact that Danica will outqualify Mike this weekend. We might get the answer in the next 20 minutes, or the tension might drag on a bit longer.

The gloves are off!

The video part of the website coverage is terrible this session. Very jerky and pausey. Ah, well, at least the timing and audio is working OK.